• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What do I need in this trilogy bag

atison

Par Member
Vitals:
Years playing/experience: DG 10 years off and on, right now, 2-3 times a month but some months I play weekly
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH/RHFH
Golf Distance for putter/mid/driver: judge 225', Truth 300', Sheriff 375'

First off, I throw trilogy because I love their plastic and know the predictability of wear in each type of plastic they offer. Looking for trilogy suggestions but I won't outright ignore other manufacturers. Just making my preferences known up front.

I am looking to fill some holes in my bag (or substitutions), mainly in the Fairway Driver / Hybrid Driver area. My thoughts are to add a GL/recycled Explorer and Opto Explorer to give me something between the Saint Pro and Felon that push out further without turning over and start fading further down range and beat into straighter finishes without loosing to much HSS.

Also considering something longer than my rivers in a stable driver that I can hyzerflip but wont turn and burn and wont finish too hard to the left. I had a fuzion Escape in this role but lost it (turned and never came back) before spending enough time with it. Maybe a lucid Escape (never thrown one). Thinking also that a GL Saint could be this disc. Maybe a Captain, Convict.

My putters and Mids are pretty set:

Putters:
Classic Warden - Main putter
Classic Judge - Straight Throwing putter
Decodye Marshall - Stable throwing putter
BT Med Harp - Stable approach inside 200
Fuzion Justice - Meathook approach inside 200 and utility
Fuzion Suspect - Straight with stable finish inside 200 but can push it out to 250 if need be

Mids:
Lucid Warrant - Understable mid, Straight tunnels ~250 and turnover mid duty
Lucid Truth - Workable mid for most less than full mid shots without strong finish
Lucid Emac Truth - Stable mid duties for holding lines with predictable finish
Lucid Verdict - Stable duties when I am pushing out closer to 300 and/or need stronger finish

Fairways:
GL River - Hyzerflip machine for low power tunnel shots or stand still fairway duty
Opto Heavy River - Workhorse fairway for me around the 325' range at 75-80%. small finish
Opto Saint - straight to slight turn shots out closer to 350. pretty straight finish
Opto Saint Pro - Staight or flex lines that I need to ensure finish left. typically throw on ~300' - 325' shots. Thrown full power flat these will turn for me out close to 350 but will finish left.
Fuzion Felon - Overstable fairway duty, big flex, forehand, utility. zero turn for me and usually start fading 100' down range

Distance Drivers:
BioFuzion Sheriff - Main distance driver when I have the room for a turn with a forward finish to the left. 350'-375'
Lucid Sheriff - Distance driver when I can't risk turning too much and need a healthier fade at the end.
Sometimes I bag a Lucid Tresspass - Pretty straight with some turn on a flat rip and a healthy finish. Not as long as the Sheriff's for me. Slightly more controllable but the heavy left finish isn't always desirable.

Last edited: