• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Anhyzer Disc for the Shots

i love the comet but i think it's more of a true stable mold and doesn't hold the anny line like a fuse, meteor or stingray will with very little effort.

Have you only thrown Z Comets?
ESP and X are better suited for the shot you described unless you need more than 300' distance.

I loved the flight of the Z Comet I had, perfect for long anhyzers or dead straight shots. After a small turn the disc just locked onto that line and held it. I just didn't like the grip, never have liked beads on discs.

I use a Fuse, Core, or Vision if I want it to hold the anny the whole way. If I want it to fade back or finish straight I use a Sinus AP, Trident, or striker depending on the distance.

Have you only thrown Z Comets?
ESP and X are better suited for the shot you described unless you need more than 300' distance.

you are correct. the only comet i've ever thrown is the z and i deal with oat issues trying to keep it on that anny line. when thrown straight it's fantastic.

i'm protesting the x plastic because i want esp but will probably break down.

Comets were what I threw for a long time for those shots...either my seasoned ESP or a "newish" Z-Comet. Now I am all about the Fuse from Lat64. I absolutely love this disc, I carry a lighter Goldline and a heavy Opto.

But for a anhyzer shot that needs to turn then flatten back out, I'd be throwing a Roc or one of my Vibram VP's for that shot. I'd want the extra stability to make sure the disc comes out of the turn before it hits the ground.

Latest posts