• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best bag that can also store some beverages?

BoilerJDawgg

I figured this would be a very popular question, but I didn't find any posts on the subject. I already have a small disc golf bag, but it's not very good for holding beverages (beers). I'm in Arizona, and playing in the summer without a few cold drinks is tough!

Does anyone have any suggestions on bags that can hold 5-10 discs as well as hold a few drinks? Either a true disc golf bag, or maybe a cooler bag that also has the right dimensions to hold discs?

The best thing I've run across so far seems to be the Ching Cooler Bag - it's insulated and can hold up to 6 drinks, but that doesn't leave any room left over for this discs. Any suggestions? Thanks!

i have a lightning large lightweight bag.... i carry between 15 and 20 discs and i can still hold drinks... but they dont stay cold =(

Wow, impressive! I'd had thought of trying to do something similar, but I'd prefer to keep it more compact. A pull cart would allow for more drinks though! :)

Wow, impressive! I'd had thought of trying to do something similar, but I'd prefer to keep it more compact. A pull cart would allow for more drinks though! :)

Esp since you are in Arizona. I played a course in Phoenix back in January and even then we needed a lot of beverages, I can't imagine what it would be like during the summer months. I'm getting together the things I need to build myself one of these carts, can't wait to get it done. I'll be sure to post pics.

P.S. - Looks like you are new to the forums, welcome. I'm sure you will love all the helpful info these folks have.

Fade's Tourney bag holds a load of discs and has two insulated drink holders.

Don't know if that's enough for you but I guess if you don't carry a ton of discs there could be room in the main compartment to stash a couple more drinks.

Here is a pic of my bag. I only put discs on the two sides and carry extra stuff in the middle. It has two drink holders that will both each hold a 32oz drink. I also carry a extra drink or two in the middle section:

Picture.jpg

One of the guys around here has a small, soft-sided cooler in the middle compartment of his bag. Fits perfectly and keeps 4 drinks cold with one of those "blue ice" bags in it.

When we went to Maui a while ago we picked up a nice cooler/back pack. I have never used it for DG but I am sure it would work great. We just use it for beach/picnic outing now.
http://www.hawaiiancooler.com/H-1DayPackCooler.htm
The pack is pretty nicely made we have used it quite a bit and it still looks new.
I would guess you could fit about 10 discs in the pack portion. Let me know if you want to know how many it will really hold...and I will check it out.

I use a revolution back pack bag and it can hold all my discs, a rain jacket, bottle of water, and a 6 pack. Plus, because it is a back pack (as opposed to quad straps) it sits flush against your back and doesn't move around too much while you're walking around (which equals less shaken beer and less tired shoulders).
DSCJNKY

Why not just carry a small insulated cooler? If you play with some friends that suck, you can follow the 'lowest score carries the drinks' rule.

Why not just carry a small insulated cooler? If you play with some friends that suck, you can follow the 'lowest score carries the drinks' rule.

Sounds similar to what a group of guys does that I've seen a few times. They bring along their 30 pack of Keystone, and whoever shoots the worst on each hole carries the beer on the next hole. These six guys are perhaps the slowest group I have ever seen outside a tournament.

picnic back pack

a friend of mine worked at a toyota dealership and gave me a picnic backpack they were giving away. i put 8 discs in the one back pack portion, and the other portion of it is surrounded by cooler lining that fits 6 to 9 beers with a little ice. It aslo has a chair hooked on the back of it. unfortunately i have looked all over the web and cant find another one that has all this on one backpack?

Latest posts