• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Best Beginner Latitude 64 Driver?

AlexD243

Par Member
I am looking for a Latitude 64 driver that is good for a beginner. My favorite disc that I play really well with is a Gazelle, so if you could find me a Lat disc that flies like a Gazelle that would be great!

Lat specific or Lat family? I.e. Dynamic Discs, Westside

And by driver do you include midrange driver or specifically fairway and up?

Diamond.

If you want something that flies like a Gazelle, I would recommend a Gazelle.

Take his advice, another disc I'd recommend is a river, its a great understable fairway driver, my go-to driver in my bag (for now) :D Goldline plastic is the way to go on the river.

^ NO

LOL ... light weight River or flow, clear (see through not opaque color doesn't matter) opto plastic if you can find it. If you don't mind trying a latitude disc with Dynamic Disc name on it, try the escape.

I have never even thrown the Diamond, and am still recommending it. :thmbup:

Diamond will be much flippie than your gazelle. Assuming you're not using a super-flippy gazelle.

They do not make a solid disc, that flies like a gazelle.

I'm still waiting. They generally make discs with excessive amounts of glide, and that's not what the gazelle is about.

personally I found the river to be pretty sensitive to nose angle. Before I was really able to regulate my nose angle, I had mixed results. When I got it right, the disc was money. When I didn't, it was a mess. Can be rough when you're looking for it to turn or flip flat and it doesn't because you got the nose up.

Unfortunately, I don't have any positive information to share...the river is the only lat64 driver I've thrown with any regularity. Hear great things about the diamond tho.

Hows 'bout the warship? Everyone calls it a midrange but I think it's closer to a fairway driver.

I think that's a great choice for normal weights, good for learning proper form.
If you're looking for lightweight, the diamond is the way to go.

The striker was my first disc from lat. It quickly became flippy as I got more power.

Latest posts