• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Disc Golf Bags & Backpacks for 2017

mandoplastic

Hey guys.

Been hard at work on my DG blog creating my newest post about the sudden switch to Backpacks>Bags in the past few years.

One of my favorite backpacks right now is the Ranger Bag by Dynamic Discs.
I got to "test" it out earlier this year and the #1 thing I can say about the bag is that it's SUPER lightweight on your back, unlike the Innova Deluxe Bag I carried for years.

Anyways, if you're looking for a new backpack to replace your crap bag, check out my full review on the top 10 backpacks for the 2017 disc golf season:
http://mandatoryplastic.com/best-disc-golf-bags/

Thanks!

No offense but i wouldn't call that a review. A few specs and a quick blurb or factoid is hardly telling of any product.

Your best "review" was about the ranger bag yet your post above would have been much better since you actually stated something you personally found out, yet im at a loss to why you didn't write that into your blog post.

In your blog you mention a bag for every player yet you left out

Smaller bags like the upd shift, lat 64 ez go, or grip c for people who like to carry less discs,
And
Budget options like the bp3 or magellan for the frugal disc golfer.

And how did you come up with this list? you say words like top ten, best and most popular but fail to mention your reasons or how you came to your conclusion.

But i suppose we cant all be perfect and i wish you luck with your blog.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

I'd have to agree to an extent. It's more of a small preview of a selection of bags. I wouldn't call it a "top ten" nor a "full review." Don't take this as trying to be discouraging. It's a good article giving specs on several options for backpacks, but I agree a wider range would help (Upper Park missing is egregious ;), Low Price Options, 2016 Entries of DD Commander or Innova Hero) as well as reasoning for it being called a "top 10."

Again, good article to show some specs on different options. The adjectives assigned were just a bit off. Now we're just being grammar nazis. :D

Octothorpe looks sweet. I wish I could just "borrow" one for like a week, just to see if i like it,. I'm too poor to dish out $ for bags. I bought 2 backs second-hand, and won one in a tourney. So I have 3 bags, dont really NEED another....but...kinda do

thanks for the link!

Best bags for 2017 ?
So you can see into the future ?
Best of 2016 maybe.
Innovas Comp bag is extremely durable, and will last a lifetime if properly maintained. New, lightweight plastic bags will need to be replaced regularly, which is how these companies make more money.
Its all economics.

Octothorpe looks sweet. I wish I could just "borrow" one for like a week, just to see if i like it,. I'm too poor to dish out $ for bags. I bought 2 backs second-hand, and won one in a tourney. So I have 3 bags, dont really NEED another....but...kinda do

thanks for the link!

I keep wanting to see one to compare it with my mahal. Then again, these days.. roller carts seem to be more popular.. maybe I should get my hands on one of those, and leave the mahal for more difficult terrain courses. :wall:

That's a review? Look, you have a wide swath of bags from all different price points. I don't think it's fair to compare the Octothorpe to the Innova Hero on the same page. Yes they are both backpacks but completely different. How about setting up for back packs under $100. Bags $100-150 or whatever range you want and go from there.