• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Best/Favorite Premium Plastic Throwing Putter

Any reason why you prefer soft over regular Neutron? I figured that would be too flexy for your torque.

Mainly, two of the courses I play the most have tons on hillside holes, and I've been traumatized by rollaways.

I also mainly backhand them, if I want to throw a FH I usually go A2 but it was specifically listed as do not mention in the OP lol.

Sky God 3 is my favorite run of premium P2. Puddle top gives them a slightly shallower feel. Glidey but overstable.

Neutron Soft Envy, I use electrons way more since they were so readily available at every tournament prize table the last 12 months but for premium the N soft is the best IMO.

Pretty much this.

If you invited me to play a one disc round I'd probably show up with an Envy. Granted, it might be an electron firm but it very well could be a soft neutron.

Lucid Judge, but this Streamline Pilot has been pretty clutch as well. The pilot is a little straighter but a little less glidey for me.

What's everyone liking these days for their premium plastic throwing putter with the caveat that it's also alright for putting (i.e. No Zones, A2s, Slammers, and other discs no one actually putts with)?

Extra Tacky Omega. Still a bit too OS for everyday putting duties but the grip is great and it's handling a lot of beating this year and still OS.

I can tell a big difference in terms of durability comparing them to my d line P2s.

I have a couple Eclipse (Proton Soft) Ions that are my go-to throwing putters. Plasma Ion is the one I bag for one disc rounds or small-bag rounds. I'd throw a KC Aviar more often but it gouges easier.

I have Star BB Aviar Driverss that I tracked down to match the mold of my putting putters. If I lost them and sought a replacement, I guess I'd go for Invaders because they seem to make a lot of them seem to be similar enough. But I would love if they made Champ/Star Aviar Drivers again. And I would *really* love it if they ever made a premium Nova. Like, Champ glow plate with a star glow overmold.

What's everyone liking these days for their premium plastic throwing putter with the caveat that it's also alright for putting (i.e. No Zones, A2s, Slammers, and other discs no one actually putts with)?

I love my Neutron Ion, Neutron Proxy and Glow Envy, plus I'm starting to throw my Opto Glimmer Pure more often and loving it. And I can putt with any of them very well.

But basically any of the MVP/Axiom putters are going to be your best bet. That Gyro technology really seems to work so well for putters and mids and really makes them stand out from the crowd with how they perform. Just ask James Conrad how good they are ;)

And forget about quality. NOTHING beats MVP/Axiom/Streamline plastic and durability. They are in another realm. Only Kastaplast can be mentioned in the same breath. I have MVP/Axiom discs that are 2-3 yrs old and look newer than ANY of my newer discs. They are works of art.

I'd say if I had to pick ONE of those as "the best", the Envy would be the winner. The MVP/Axiom plastic lineup is top notch and you can find anything you want from them. Super stiff, stiff, a little flex or soft. And because they all have the Gyro rim, that keeps them SOOO durable and consistent.

I love my Neutron Ion, Neutron Proxy and Glow Envy, plus I'm starting to throw my Opto Glimmer Pure more often and loving it. And I can putt with any of them very well.

But basically any of the MVP/Axiom putters are going to be your best bet. That Gyro technology really seems to work so well for putters and mids and really makes them stand out from the crowd with how they perform. Just ask James Conrad how good they are ;)

And forget about quality. NOTHING beats MVP/Axiom/Streamline plastic and durability. They are in another realm. Only Kastaplast can be mentioned in the same breath. I have MVP/Axiom discs that are 2-3 yrs old and look newer than ANY of my newer discs. They are works of art.

I'd say if I had to pick ONE of those as "the best", the Envy would be the winner. The MVP/Axiom plastic lineup is top notch and you can find anything you want from them. Super stiff, stiff, a little flex or soft. And because they all have the Gyro rim, that keeps them SOOO durable and consistent.

Ah yes, the gyro rim durability thing. So I've heard!

First throw.. will never forget it.

Attachments

• 20220617_130239.jpg
    20220617_130239.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 20220617_114631.jpg
    20220617_114631.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 43

Had a lightbulb moment trying to work out why I couldn't spin my putts. Dry hands and hard plastic = no grip. Switched to a K1 Soft Reko and .... wow. Putting has improved a lot! Gummy.

Ah yes, the gyro rim durability thing. So I've heard!

First throw.. will never forget it.

Haha, always one of you type everywhere in life. EVERYONE knows how durable and amazing MVP plastic is. It's not even a question of "is it the best", and then someone like yourself pops up to try and claim they suck, hahaha. That looks like you took a scythe to that thing!

For a lot of you that don't know, MVP engineers came from the Auto industry and produce the most exacting pieces of durable plastic in existence. There's a reason not many other manufacturers do well when trying to make gyro rim discs with two different plastics. It's because it's incredible complicated and takes highly skilled engineers and machines. And only MVP has that right now. You keep on hating, and they'll keep on making the best plastics in the game.

I've had some of my Axiom discs SLAM at full speed from a huge hyzer bomb straight into sharp jagged dam rocks, and nothing but a tiny little scratch or dent. Many times actually. And all my Axiom/MVP discs I've had or owned always still look almost new after months or years of throwing them. Sorry your ONE disc was either cut with a manchette or defective.

Don't know what to tell you about your ONE disc bud. Call up MVP and complain and see if they'll get you a new one?

EVERYONE knows how durable and amazing MVP plastic is. It's not even a question of "is it the best", and then someone like yourself pops up to try and claim they suck, hahaha.

You got a mighty strong dose of gyro Kool aid with your breakfast today.

MVP plastic doesn't suck (well, electron does) but it certainly has inconsistency just like all the manufacturers. I've had my own issues with the rims on new MVP discs getting easily thrashed but I still bag some of their discs. I will say some of their recent runs are the prettiest plastic out there. I mentioned in another thread recently that it seems to be run dependent, just like every other manufacturer.

I posted these in disgust a few years ago after single tree hits the first time I threw them.

Attachments

• IMG_20190401_100148.jpg
    IMG_20190401_100148.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 41
EVERYONE knows how durable and amazing MVP plastic is.

No manufacturer has the perfect discs. Every manufacturer has issues.

You may have had good experiences but it is still relatively limited experience. Plenty of others have had issues with their plastic. You sound like a shill with these posts.

Multiple people in this thread have had issues: https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141617&page=2

Plenty of people on other forums/social media have reported issues. I have thrown MVP discs myself and the discs fly well and the plastic is nice, but it is still plastic. It still gets roughed up, chunked, sliced.

MVP makes good discs, don't get me wrong, but you can't simply dismiss the fact that plastic discs can have these issues.

Also it is difficult to put too much stock in your evaluations when you have conflicting posts like these:

I love my Neutron Ion, Neutron Proxy and Glow Envy...And I can putt with any of them very well.

I'm still not even a decent putter (30' or more is long to me) I rarely make putts longer than that. And my % of making putts past 20' is also very low.

EVERYONE knows how durable and amazing MVP plastic is. It's not even a question.

Their premium plastics are some of the best I've ever felt. Their electron stuff however is definitely the worst when it comes to durability. Every electron disc I've ever had ends up getting severe damage to it way sooner than even innova DX, which is also bad. If they made wide rimmed drivers in electron, I don't think they would last a week.

Neutron Ions are still my favorite premium driving putters.

it seems to be run dependent, just like every other manufacturer.

This right here; for better or worse, every manufacturer has variance between runs.

An excellent mold can still produce some duds.