• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Overstable Midrange?

Best Overstable Midrange on the Market?

• Drone

Votes: 75 23.9%
  • Gator

Votes: 44 14.0%
  • Hornet

Votes: 39 12.4%
  • Pain

Votes: 34 10.8%
  • Vector

Votes: 21 6.7%
  • Wasp

Votes: 36 11.5%
  • Zone

Votes: 20 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 45 14.3%

• Total voters
I've only thrown the drone, wasp, and hornet from this list.

Personally I think that the hornet works best for my game. I don't really like how the rim/lip of the drone fit in my hand. I liked the wasp, but the new runs are too similar to a buzz that it wasn't worth it to carry a buzz and a wasp. But I like the hornet because it will go a long ways and still hyzer off, or work as a spike hyzer mid-range.

I have an issue with turning a lot of things over and hornets, wasp and all those just go straight or way right for me and im a right handed back hand thrower. So for me only thing that is really overstable or goes how it should is the DRONE. DRONE wins i can always count on it no matter what.

This guy obviously knows a quality disc when he sees one. The nebula is a stable/overstable mid that gets no respect, even from its manufacturer. If you know what you are doing(which I do, all the time), its as stable/overstable as you need, even in a strong headwind. On a side note, my friend and I spoke to a higher up Discraft rep at Am Worlds this year, and made him promise us he will get it released soon. Fact. You are welcome.

BOOO Z Zones first!

i just switched to a 180 Sirius sentinel and really like it. it's the newer mold, but it's still plenty beefy. Trying to find a Q sanny for reference, but i like this one for now. i had a 172 z hornet in the spot before, but wasn't crazy about the grip on it, and it seemed to beat up and get some high speed turn. So far, less than 10 rounds, i like the sentinel more, no HSS and lots of fade. seems very consistent

I voted for the Wasp as an all around overstable mid. Easy to throw tight S, hard fading hyzers, and flop annys. I also carry an ESP Zone because sometimes you need something more overstable that is going to stick.

Drone for sure. Helped me get the win yesterday in a tourney cuz it parked every hole i threw it on

Drone, the midrange version of a Firebird. If you want a mid that is consistently overstable, you can't beat the Drone. The Zone is right behind it, but I classify it as a putter.

I personally wouldn't consider the Roc or the Buzzz "overstable" but I know a lot of people who throw them in such a way where they hook left... But I would have to say these two discs are "stable".

However, that being said... Innova sure doesn't have many overstable mids for having like a million disc molds...

Have you ever thrown a new KC Pro Roc. Pretty darn stable. And the reason Innova does not have a lot of overstable mids is b/c the Roc is the only one you need. ;)

Have you ever thrown a new KC Pro Roc. Pretty darn stable. And the reason Innova does not have a lot of overstable mids is b/c the Roc is the only one you need. ;)

A new KC Pro Roc might overstable...but nowhere even close to a new FLX or Z Drone. Honestly I threw Rocs for awhile, and I think even Wasps are more overstable than they are.

Drone. I have a 177g+ that is a beast into the wind. Glides longer than my drivers in a strong wind. Just cuts through it all and finishes on a big hyzer. Love that thing. The most dependable and consistent disc in my bag.

Latest posts