• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best part o' ye game...

Best Part of your game...

• Total voters
I wonder if there is a consensus (style or disc) for the ones who are good at a particular aspect mentioned above...Hmmmm.

I'm pretty good at making drop-in putts when I concentrate. Otherwise all aspects of my game are mediocre at best.

My friends say that my Mid game with putters is the best. They are all impressed with the amount of lines I can shape up to 250' with just a putter. It is crazy last night I put a Wizard out to 325' (from an evevated tee) and then only drove my new River 60' past that. It feels good to throw a putter that far. I have been working putters all summer and it is great to see the progress in my game and get props from my friends..... THANKS MIKE C FOR INSPIRING ME WITH YOUR VID'S

Still need to work on actually putting with them though

My friends say that my Mid game with putters is the best. They are all impressed with the amount of lines I can shape up to 250' with just a putter. It is crazy last night I put a Wizard out to 325' (from an evevated tee) and then only drove my new River 60' past that. It feels good to throw a putter that far. I have been working putters all summer and it is great to see the progress in my game and get props from my friends..... THANKS MIKE C FOR INSPIRING ME WITH YOUR VID'S

Still need to work on actually putting with them though

I would love to see the D you would get with the ESP Ace Race Putter...It glides on the wings of angels...

None of the above.

When I look at the options, I'm not fantastic in either. What I think my edge is/will be is my mental approach. I'm working on that just as hard as anything and it can save at least 3 to 4 strokes a round. The other stuff will come (I mean, it's there and aspects are good, but for from professional level).

I wonder if there is a consensus (style or disc) for the ones who are good at a particular aspect mentioned above...Hmmmm.

definitely style. I used to play a lot of ultimate and I feel like that style of play teaches you precision as you need to be able to hit a certain spot at exactly the right time so that your teammate has time to get to where he/she needs to be. People who specialize in driving (due to practice, not natural inclination) tend to get delight out of seeing their disc pushed to the limit, while putting enthusiasts tend to be more conservative individuals that crave a sure thing. And that's my psychological evaluation of disc golfers for the day. Tomorrow's lesson will be "The Psychology of Disc Addiction" and Friday will be "Why Your Wife Hates Disc Golf". Adieu!;)

Best part of my game is my uncanny ability to avoid over-throwing 300' holes.

I would love to see the D you would get with the ESP Ace Race Putter...It glides on the wings of angels...

Hate it.... I can get it out to 250 maybe a bit more but I hate that disc. I am a FH player and the rim is to deep. It sucks in the wind and is very hard to not turn over. I can throw understable XD's all day long out to around 300' but that thing is crap IMO.....

Hate it.... I can get it out to 250 maybe a bit more but I hate that disc. I am a FH player and the rim is to deep. It sucks in the wind and is very hard to not turn over. I can throw understable XD's all day long out to around 300' but that thing is crap IMO.....

I am RHBH and had no issue throwing the ESP plastic version of this disc...it works great for me. Dang. Sorry, man.

I am RHBH and had no issue throwing the ESP plastic version of this disc...it works great for me. Dang. Sorry, man.

It's no big deal I wish they would have made the disc a little bit more shallow. If they would have done that I think it would have been great. I was hoping for a low profile, undersatble tweener disc like the XD. Discraft has a gaping hole in there line up for this disc IMO. It would be sweet to have a Zone profile and be understable and have tons of glide.

Maybe next year. I am glad you like it:thmbup:

Last edited:
It's no big deal I wish they would have made the disc a little bit more shallow. If they would have done that I think it would have been great. I was hoping for a low profile, undersatble tweener disc like the XD. Discraft has a gaping hole in there line up for this disc IMO. It would be sweet to have a Zone profile and be understable and have tons of glide.

Maybe next year. I am glad you like it:thmbup:

Too bad I can't use it in tournaments...D'OH!:doh:

long drives for sure, i have a RHBH and RHFH both go out to 450+, having both back hand and forehand makes it a lot easier for me on longer holes to pick up strokes because the plethora of long distance shots i got in my bag

Best part of my game is getting out of trouble. I've had a lot of practice over the years!

:thmbup:

Also, my putts usually keep me in the game. It is my initial drive that needs some more fine tuning. :doh:

My Distance isnt the best, but is gettin much better, my putting is shiz, but ive always liked my mid game and bein able to recover from a bad drive

I know that my approach/midrange slot is my strongest point. I've also noticed that many of my dg buddies are the same way. The best theory that I've heard is that all of the shanking that comes along with being a noob forces us to develop our upshot and escape shots at a faster pace than the rest of our other skills. I'm a bit more experienced now, but I still get more "what the hell did you throw?" comments with my Comet than everything else put together.

Latest posts