• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best place to Order Vinyl From?

BrotherDave

Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan
Diamond level trusted reviewer
I'd try conning the kind folks at 3M like in the "Free Vinyl" thread but I don't feel like getting phone calls.

Where should I get a small roll of vinyl for some occasional dying (~20-30 discs max)? I tried searching but I'm lazy. I need like the discgolfcenter of vinyl. Thanks.

Yep, ebay. There's lots of vinyl on there -- you can select the best width, color, tack, etc to fit your needs.
But if you're going to do 30 discs, you might as well try the free 3M route.

So for someone who is looking to buy vinyl not get the "free stuff". What's the best vinyl to get? Would it be good for doing car decals as well?

The best vinyl is oracal 651. Not sure how it is for car decals though. I will vouch for the free 3M stuff for cars though. I've got 4 decals on mine that still look great after about 6 months. I also live in Michigan and they haven't lost anything the snow and cold we have gotten here so far.

Having worked in the sign industry, and printed/cut/applied vehicle decals/wraps, the best I found was 3M.

Their high performance (Series 7125 or 7725) vinyl works great for small single- or dual-color vehicle decals, but for the larger stuff, you'd want their ControlTac adhesive(has channels in the adhesive allowing air bubbles to escape). If you are looking for printed vehicle graphics, and have access to a large format digital printer, then you should know that any media starting with IJ is InkJet printable.

The best vinyl I've found of theirs for dyeing is the removable stuff from the sample page (50-10), it doesn't come off until you peel it off, but it doesn't leave any adhesive. Make sure for dyeing that you do not use anything ControlTac, as it has channels that, while small, can encourage bleeds. Some people use ControlTac for dyeing just fine, but I wouldn't mess with it.

So did I just read that right. The IJ model vinyl can be printed on by inkjet printer? If I were to cut it down to usable sizes for my printer it would accept the ink?

I'm just wondering because my samples are models IJ46-20 and IJ63-20

Greensboro, NC then Raleigh and Charlotte.

I ask because I am very familiar with some sign supply companies in the western half of the US (Denco Sales and Midwest Sign & Screen Printing Supply I have also used Grimco, which has a Greensboro location and Fellerswhich has a national presence, but is primarily catalog based.

I know Denco and Midwest will do cash sales, while Fellers requires an accont, but I do not know if Grimco requires an account (I did have an account)

So did I just read that right. The IJ model vinyl can be printed on by inkjet printer? If I were to cut it down to usable sizes for my printer it would accept the ink?

I'm just wondering because my samples are models IJ46-20 and IJ63-20

By "large format digital printer" I meant a printer specially designed to print to banners and vinyl, that uses inkjet technology with solvent based inks. This is not your standard inkjet printer. These are made by companies like Mutoh, Mimaki, Roland, Seiko, and many more. Many of the high-end plotter manufacturers make these printers. The IJ series is for use in these specialty printers.

Last edited:
Ok that's what I thought but just wanted to make sure. Damn you for getting my hopes up LOL.