• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Players Packs Ever!

The players pack for the AM side of the Vibram Open (VibrAM) this year looks pretty good, even if the cost to play is $75. It is a 3 day event over 2 courses and the last day you play Maple Hill Golds (8215ft, 1010 rating) right before the pros start (if you make the cut after day 2).

Four Vibram golf discs
2012 Vibram Open Vest
Vibram Open / Hyland Orchard pint glass
Maple Hill and Hyland Orchard free day of play pass
Two Player Parties, Buffet

I'd say the "value" is close to double the entry fee.

There are still open spots:

http://www.maplehillopen.com/registration.html

We are also in the process of securing prizes for card winners for each round. I'll announce them when all four (or more!) are finalized.

Bowling Green has to be the best for me personally. 6-7 discs, a dri-fit, food, minis, etc. I've heard the Memorial they throw at Fountain Hills, AZ is a phenomenal player's pack.

Anyone know what kind of players pack they give out for the Brett Hambrick Memorial Open, in Columbus, OH? It's an NT event, but I don't see any info concerning the players packs.

Am Nats
TI Nuke and wasp
3 dri fit collar shirts
hat
stickers
breakfast and lunch/dinner for 3 days
lizard games
candy water and fruit at tee boxes
personalized esp buzzz with your picture

Am Nats
TI Nuke and wasp
3 dri fit collar shirts
hat
stickers
breakfast and lunch/dinner for 3 days
lizard games
candy water and fruit at tee boxes
personalized esp buzzz with your picture

thats sweet. I am guessing all the Lady's would want one with my picture on it though.

The Next Adventure Amateur Championship in Portland, Oregon always has a nice player's pack.

2010:
-Fade Crunch Bag
-4 Discs
-Mountain Hardware Dri-fit Shirt
-Custom Pint Glass
-Custom Towel
-Food provided both days including BBQ Tri-Tip / Pork Loin dinner Sunday
-3 Kegs of local microbrew
-Live music
I know there was more but I can't remember right now.

2011:
-Custom embroidered softshell jacket (tourney logo on front, last name on back)
-4 Discs
-Tourney patch
-Coupon for Huk Lab tent
-bunch of little items (stickers, etc)
-BBQ Tri-Tip / Pork Loin dinner Sunday
-4 Kegs of local microbrew
There was more, but can't remember

2012:
It's gonna be good :)

Along with a great player's pack, we have also secured a $1500* ace pot, and there will be a $100*/hole final 9 skins game for the top 4 scores in the event. Tourney reg is filling fast. It's August 25-26 and it's an A-Tier for MA1 & FA1, B-Tier for other divisions.

http://www.4discgolf.com/2012NAAC

*Amateur only event so the amount will be payed out in scrip.

by the looks of this the PP for this is better than at the BSF...

I once ran a half marathon and the "Player's Pack" was kind of cool.

-Dri fit shirt
-Bunch of free little stuff
-Drinks throughout the race (mandatory)
-After race food (Bagel, Oranges, Crackers, Big bottles of Gatorade, Dried fruit)
-I could not partake, but free all you can drink beer afterwards.

Chains for Wishes.. BYOP Doubles Charity Event
Each player gets
T Shirt
2 DGA Discs
2 Towels
Stash Mini
Koozie
Stickers and Coupons
Breakfest, Lunch and Players Party
The first year I played, I aced hole 1 and won a Liquid Logic Creek boat. This will be my 4th year in a row playing and I Refuse to miss the event. Bangin Chains for the KIDS!

Volunteer Classic this year was:
*Dri fit
*Glass pint from a local brewery
*Stickers
*Paragon towel
*Sweetwater Brewery koozie
*couple of small odd & ends

$30 to play Int, not bad

The PA State DG Championships had nice player packs this year. I was able to snag a glow CFR Teebird, gummy mini, water bottle, quick dry t-shirt, multiple stickers, and one of those super-thin butterfly wallets.

Played my first tournament recently and i have to start by saying it was run really well, the course looked amazing, I had a blast and I do feel that I got my $40 worth so i can't complain. If i had a complaint, it would be this: I was eager to see the player's pack hoping id get a cool disc or something. The players pack had a 2 day pool pass at the park, a tournament T shirt, a cloth to wipe your glasses, a pen that was worth no more than a dollar, a pack of gum, post it notes, and a small pin to put on your bag/shirt w/e. This was a B-tier event and had no trophies. Is this standard for player's packs? It was a let down but i didn't want to complain considering no one else seemed to be and I did have a good time. Now that I think back, someone asked the TD what the pack would look like prior to the tournament and all the people running it said he liked to keep them a surprise. Looks like he wanted to hide it.

At the Rocky Mtn. Womens Championships last weekend:

This is just what I remember, I'm sure I left some stuff out. The pack was HUGE!

For players:
2 or 3 discs (full color buzz + others)
Gold plated metal mini personalized with the players name and the event logo
Sweet zip up sweater
tournament t-shirt
excellent lunch between rounds
tournament stamped mini
Fade Bag Straps!
Coupon for free lunch at noodles and things
I can't even remember the rest and there was a lot more.

For Caddies:
DD Dri Fit shirt
Full Color Buzz
Excellent lunch between rounds
coupon for free lunch at noodles and things

When my gf and I got home from the event and piled all the swag on the table you would of think that she won am worlds with the amount of stuff on the table and she didn't even cash!

I can't even explain the amount of stuff they gave away. They gave away 2 pairs of Keens and a basket before the event even started!

Played my first tournament recently and i have to start by saying it was run really well, the course looked amazing, I had a blast and I do feel that I got my $40 worth so i can't complain. If i had a complaint, it would be this: I was eager to see the player's pack hoping id get a cool disc or something. The players pack had a 2 day pool pass at the park, a tournament T shirt, a cloth to wipe your glasses, a pen that was worth no more than a dollar, a pack of gum, post it notes, and a small pin to put on your bag/shirt w/e. This was a B-tier event and had no trophies. Is this standard for player's packs? It was a let down but i didn't want to complain considering no one else seemed to be and I did have a good time. Now that I think back, someone asked the TD what the pack would look like prior to the tournament and all the people running it said he liked to keep them a surprise. Looks like he wanted to hide it.

forgot to mention the refrigerator magnet.

my best players pack was:

Blizz champ ape
Metal flake teebird
metal flake mini
bag tag

as well as lunch between sat rounds...
dinner/party after second round...
as well as kegs of some very nice draft beer :) ipa and reds

The PA State DG Championships had nice player packs this year. I was able to snag a glow CFR Teebird, gummy mini, water bottle, quick dry t-shirt, multiple stickers, and one of those super-thin butterfly wallets.

dont forget the 2 tickets to the Arca Race and Qualifying at Pocono Raceway :)

The St. Louis Disc Golf Club always tries to put together a nice PP each year. This year the entry fee was $55, and the PP was valued at $75+:

- tourney stamped Innova Blizzard disc (various molds)
- tourney stamped Discraft disc (various molds and plastics - elite x, esp, and Z)
- tourney stamped Gateway G9i putter
- erasable scorecard with sweet tourney graphics (previous year was a custom clipboard)
- tournament logo screened 50/50 T-Shirt
- full color player's handbook
- custom club bag patch
- tournament sticker
- tournament logo koozie
- custom tournament pencils (with eraser:p)
- Monster energy drink
- free sodas, energy drinks, Arizona products, etc at tournament central all weekend
- free player's party "Cinco de Mayo" style with free Schlafly beer
- card winner prizes for rounds 2 (full color Buzzz) and 3 (full color MiniStar)
- free clinic put on by the NonStopDiscGolf Tour

I know there is some other stuff that I am missing, but as you can tell, the value is HUGE!

Last edited:
Up here in CT, Dave Mchale runs the Amateur Challenge Tournament at Wickham Park in Manchester, CT every year. For $15 !!! this year we got a blizzard teedevil, dx cheetah, a yeti aviar, a towel, mini, sharpie ... and a local comic book store chipped in two comics for each pack as well ...

Tons of CTP prizes (group and overall), a huge basket throw-off with great prizes (gift certificates, discs, shirts, comics, etc.)