• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Players Packs Ever!

i helped throw a tourny, the entry was $25 and you got a disc, a mini, a shirt, stickers, towel and lunch. i thouggt that was pretty good for how cheap it was to play

At the Shawshank tourney we got a Biscuts and Gravy breakfeast, A huge steak and potato lunch (It was amazing and the steaks were at least 20oz) between rounds, and a free disc - that was a good day.

My apologies. There was free beer as well. :D They even drove around on golf carts while we played seeing if we needed refills.

Dufrane puts on good tourneys - I would tell anyone close to Texas to make the trip. Plus Shawshank is one of best courses in Texas, so you really can't go wrong.

you wont know if your putting is good enough for a tourney until you play one, you can drain 25-30 footers all day long at your local course but if you are like alot of people, myself included, those tourney nerves may cause you to miss some you would normally make, get out there and give it a shot!

I'm also worried about playing a course I'm not extremely familiar with. But I'm going to stop hijacking this thread.

GBOs player pack this year was amazing. Two Discs (Ti Wasp and Cryztal FLX Challenger), hat of your choice, dri-fit of your choice, glass mini, GBO water bottle, and tons of coupons. It was loaded.

Don't forget the Kein socks, and sunscreen, lip sun block, players party (which was ok, but it was free food)...

Don't forget the Kein socks, and sunscreen, lip sun block, players party (which was ok, but it was free food)...

Adding it up, I came up that the players pack was 2x the entry fee.

Ohio am champs last year had 2 discs(glow,cfr) of your choice,dri-fit DD shirt,innova towel,mini driver,numerous stickers,and some other stuff I can't really remember. Great players pack.

Whooo im new to the tourney scene (first offical one is a week from tomorrow hudson spring fling) but imma hit the ohio am probably in rec i hope the player pack is just as good.

Dogfish Head sponsored a couple tournys at Cape Henlopen. Players pack had beers and other Dogfish swag, including a sweet mini. First year of the delaware disc golf challenge had a drifit tshirt and 2 CFR discs.

481230_283773645052585_100002598565785_570775_1519213958_n.jpg

How about this pack from the 2012 National Players Challenge Championship May 26-27, 2012!

The players pack for the AM side of the Vibram Open (VibrAM) this year looks pretty good, even if the cost to play is $75. It is a 3 day event over 2 courses and the last day you play Maple Hill Golds (8215ft, 1010 rating) right before the pros start (if you make the cut after day 2).

Four Vibram golf discs
2012 Vibram Open Vest
Vibram Open / Hyland Orchard pint glass
Maple Hill and Hyland Orchard free day of play pass
Two Player Parties, Buffet

I'd say the "value" is close to double the entry fee.

There are still open spots:

http://www.maplehillopen.com/registration.html

In your mind, what is the best players pack you have ever seen or received?

The Next Adventure Amateur Championship in Portland, Oregon always has a nice player's pack.

2010:
-Fade Crunch Bag
-4 Discs
-Mountain Hardware Dri-fit Shirt
-Custom Pint Glass
-Custom Towel
-Food provided both days including BBQ Tri-Tip / Pork Loin dinner Sunday
-3 Kegs of local microbrew
-Live music
I know there was more but I can't remember right now.

2011:
-Custom embroidered softshell jacket (tourney logo on front, last name on back)
-4 Discs
-Tourney patch
-Coupon for Huk Lab tent
-bunch of little items (stickers, etc)
-BBQ Tri-Tip / Pork Loin dinner Sunday
-4 Kegs of local microbrew
There was more, but can't remember

2012:
It's gonna be good :)

Along with a great player's pack, we have also secured a $1500* ace pot, and there will be a $100*/hole final 9 skins game for the top 4 scores in the event. Tourney reg is filling fast. It's August 25-26 and it's an A-Tier for MA1 & FA1, B-Tier for other divisions.

http://www.4discgolf.com/2012NAAC

*Amateur only event so the amount will be payed out in scrip.

U are doing the acepot in merch? Seriously??

Yes. Consider the options...You have an outdoor sports store as your event sponsor that is willing to throw down $1500 in merch for anything in their store (discs, kayaks, camping gear, clothing, etc) for an ace. Or you don't have an acepot. Does that make more sense?

i guess that makes sense. but i wouldnt call it an acepot. and i wouldnt say it with $$$. prob should say gift certificate to "insert name here" if you hit an ace. if no ace is hit is there a throw off? also, I have never heard of merch skins. thats interesting. also, dont say its because its an am only event. Ams can win cash in Ace Pots/ CTPS.

i guess that makes sense. but i wouldnt call it an acepot. and i wouldnt say it with $$$. prob should say gift certificate to "insert name here" if you hit an ace. if no ace is hit is there a throw off? also, I have never heard of merch skins. thats interesting. also, dont say its because its an am only event. Ams can win cash in Ace Pots/ CTPS.

Frolffiend,

Thank you for your input. As for the skins, it's the same gig as the acepot and is being provided entirely by our gracious sponsor, Next Adventure Outdoor Sports. If you have any further issues/comments feel free to PM me. I'm not much of a forum junkie and have no desire to get into a long discussion here.

Cheers,
Ryan Gwillim

I'm going to say my DGCR Flyboy Aviation 2012 meet wins.

For whatever price you want to give, literally could of left us nothing if you felt that was deserved.

1. A DGCR Meetup disc(All star plastic)
2. Camping all weekend
3. Fed you both of your breakfasts and lunches
4. Get to play the best disc golf course in the world at least 3 times.
5. Full aerial shows with multiple planes.
6. Free beer.

:|
Second

The Next Adventure Amateur Championship in Portland, Oregon always has a nice player's pack.

2010:
-Fade Crunch Bag
-4 Discs
-Mountain Hardware Dri-fit Shirt
-Custom Pint Glass
-Custom Towel
-Food provided both days including BBQ Tri-Tip / Pork Loin dinner Sunday
-3 Kegs of local microbrew
-Live music
I know there was more but I can't remember right now.

2011:
-Custom embroidered softshell jacket (tourney logo on front, last name on back)
-4 Discs
-Tourney patch
-Coupon for Huk Lab tent
-bunch of little items (stickers, etc)
-BBQ Tri-Tip / Pork Loin dinner Sunday
-4 Kegs of local microbrew
There was more, but can't remember

2012:
It's gonna be good :)

Along with a great player's pack, we have also secured a $1500* ace pot, and there will be a $100*/hole final 9 skins game for the top 4 scores in the event. Tourney reg is filling fast. It's August 25-26 and it's an A-Tier for MA1 & FA1, B-Tier for other divisions.

http://www.4discgolf.com/2012NAAC

*Amateur only event so the amount will be payed out in scrip.

that is indeed a sweet players pack, cant wait to see how the BSF stacks up this year!

I honestly can't remember which has been the best. I'm one of the people that would rather see great players packs for everyone and trophy only ams payout.