• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Portable Practice Baskets?

cunninsa

Par Member
I'm getting ready to move to PA in a month and have a great big field behind our complex where we'll be living. What are some suggestions on some good practice baskets - one's that could easily be taken in and out of the house and are durable. Thanks!

If you use the search function I know there are a few great threads on this topic out there. I think prerube started one called "the definitive basket thread" or something like that. Good luck!

i have a DGA mach lite. no complaints about it at all. quick set up, catches well, compact storage.

I'd say the DGA M-14 is fantastic. It catches very well, it is assembled in under 10 minutes, requires no tools other than your hands, and can be moved around very easily, yet being very sturdy. It is around $120, but if you want a sure-fire hit for your expectations, this would be it. But that's just my opinion. Hope you find one you like.

The best portable for the price is innova's discatcher sport.
Not as portable as the fold ups, more more durable then everything but the gateway.

The mach lite is the better fold up.
Gateways is the best portable if price is no concern.

I'm getting ready to move to PA in a month and have a great big field behind our complex where we'll be living. What are some suggestions on some good practice baskets - one's that could easily be taken in and out of the house and are durable. Thanks!

Where in PA are you moving too?

my buddy has a mach lite - we drag that thing around the city when we dont feel like driving out to the courses - and it is very portable and great for practice.

I'd go with a Mach Lite or Portable Discatcher. You probably want chains, but the basket being mesh/cloth basket really helps on the portability.

I have an Innova Skillshot, and am not happy with it. Only a year or so after buying it the fabrics starting to tear apart in several places. I always brought it in my garage too after playing so weather was never a factor in the deterioration of the basket.

After looking into buying a replacement I would suggest M-14 or the In-Step basket. Go with the In-Step if you're on more of a budget as they are normally cheaper and atm have a sale going on as well. I believe the M-14 is 120 dollars while the In-Step runs for 70.

I love my innova travelers, set up is as easy as a holdup umbrella, only hassle is fitting it back informs carrying case sometimes!

Give a shout when you get up to Bloomerburger and maybe we can meet up for a round at Hickory Run and/or Francis E. Walter.

Oh, and (based on personal experience) I think the Innova DISCatcher is the most durable, but the least transportable. The middle of the road in portability and durability is going to be the InStep for $70.

Give a shout when you get up to Bloomerburger and maybe we can meet up for a round at Hickory Run and/or Francis E. Walter.

Sweet will do. I'm excited to play some new courses. The flood closed my hometown course which I heard wasn't very good anyway and I played Hughesville a couple months back but it was still a little soggy then.

I'd say the DGA M-14 is fantastic. It catches very well, it is assembled in under 10 minutes, requires no tools other than your hands, and can be moved around very easily, yet being very sturdy. It is around $120, but if you want a sure-fire hit for your expectations, this would be it. But that's just my opinion. Hope you find one you like.

Just played a fundraising tourney on belle isle in Detroit. Had 18 of these loaned to us. Nice basket for the price. Up in the air sells them for 100 in store

Hands down, Mach lite. I can set mine up and tear it down in under a minute, it's actually PDGA aproved, and has 2 sets of chains. It carries like a folding chair in it's own bag. I can set it behind my back seat and it takes up less than no room, unlike the ones with solid tops and baskets. Highly portable. If you want one to leave out in the weather this is probably not it, but with teardown and setup so easy you'd have to be super lazy to leave it outside. I'm working on a different stand so I can set mine up on my sloped side yard. That's about the only thing that could be better is that you need to either do some excavating or set it up on relatively flat ground. Don't waste money on Skill shots or Travellers, pure junk compared to the Mach Lite.

Latest posts