• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Raffle Winnings

Won an AM spot in a 9 hole skins match today at Hotlanta ... skins were $40 each. Put $20 in for 20 tickets. The top 4 scoring pros pulled from the raffle their AM partners. Cameron Colgazier picked me. The other pros were Matt Orum, Kevin McCoy, and Matt Dollar.

We only got 1 skin, but it was just a really cool experience to be a part of. Got my $20 and bought some Yuengling with it afterwards ... win-win :)

:clap:

I won a Discatcher Sport along with a pile of discs in my best winning day at raffling. That was the best by people on here's standards. But I also had another one where I won like 4 discs, one of them being an Up A Tree print that was more than 10 yrs old. Up A Tree was one of our first courses in Humboldt County, it was host to most of our big tournys durring their first few years.

I won a gift certificate for an eye exam, and a set of frames and lenses at a local eye clinic. It worked out great because I was about 2 years overdue on getting my glasses replaced. I can't remember exactly how many tickets I bought, but I would guess that it was $10 worth. So I spent ten bucks on what normally would've cost me at least $250.

I won a gift certificate for an eye exam, and a set of frames and lenses at a local eye clinic. It worked out great because I was about 2 years overdue on getting my glasses replaced. I can't remember exactly how many tickets I bought, but I would guess that it was $10 worth. So I spent ten bucks on what normally would've cost me at least $250.

That is the most strange and awesome raffle prize I have ever heard of.

a sweet dyed 11x Eagle X. started me down the path of collecting them.

When I was 8 years old I went to a Ruritan convention with my dad. They were holding a raffle for three or four prizes with the top prize being $500. So my dad tells me to buy a ticket and they guy selling them was this old guy my dad knew. He bent the top corner of the ticket and told me it was a magical ticket and that I was going to win.

So the convention goes on, there was entertainment and a dinner and then towards the end they held the raffle. Well they bring out one of those giant shufflers with all the tickets in it and they call my name to come up on stage. Apparently because I was the youngest person there they wanted me to go pull the ticket out of the shuffler.

So I go up there and pull out three or four other names for the other prizes and the people come up and get their prize and then the time comes for the $500 prize. They shuffled the tickets around and I reached my arm in and pulled a ticket and handed it to the guy. He walked over to the microphone looked and the ticket and then started laughing; he looked back at me and then at the crowd and said "I don't think you will believe this but this kid just pulled his own ticket."

I didn't understand what had happened at first, he brought me over there and told me again that I had just pulled my own ticket to win $500. I think I thought it was a joke and that they were just playing with me but he showed me the ticket and sure enough it was the one with the bent edge, it was the magical ticket.

As soon as I realized what had happened I jumped off the stage and ran to the bathroom because I thought I was going to piss myself. I remember telling my parents that I was quitting school because I was set for life with my $500. It's one of those moments I remember crystal clear and I don't think I'll ever forget.
Great effing story.

I'm giving away 2 disc catcher sports, 2 grip bags, a nutsac, and some assorted other goodies a week from today...

That is the most strange and awesome raffle prize I have ever heard of.

Haha, no doubt it was a strange prize. It was at a charity tournament for a local elementary school, so lots of local businesses donated about anything they could to try and help out. Mine wasn't even the strangest, there were fruit bowls, backpacks, metal signs that read "man cave" done with a plasma cutter, local baked bread (wtf? delicious, but still kind of wtf) and many more things along those lines (and by those lines, I mean no lines whatsoever, anything and everything was game for a raffle prize). As far as monetary value goes I definitely came out in front from the raffle, but the man cave sign was pretty cool....

A buddy of mine won a Tom Holsten custom Ice Bowl basket during the 2006 Ice Bowl Raffle after the tournament. . .he had to leave early for work and was very surprised when he came home to a brand new custom mach 3 basket

I went with some kids from one of my junior high classes to go see Jeopardy being taped. One of the moms was really mean. My buddy and I were talking before the show started (keep in mind that everybody else was talking too) so she told us that we had to be separated. She made me sit in her seat and she took mine.

They taped a week's worth of shows in one day. In between two of the shows they announced that there were raffle tickets taped underneath our chairs.

They called my ticket and I had to sign for something called "Lonestar House of Phones". Nobody who worked there knew what it was. They just said that I would get it in the mail.

2 months go by and I get a giant box full of 6 telephones. In another week I got a package with 4 more phones.

My whole family got phones for Christmas that year.

And that is my raffle story.

*curtsies*

not disc golf related but I was at a landscpe show/expo for a company i worked with and bought 10 dollars worth of tickets and won 4 1st base line 3rd row tickets to see the oakland A's at a home game. That was one of the coolest things that I have won.

This made my night, thanks zenny!
I went with some kids from one of my junior high classes to go see Jeopardy being taped. One of the moms was really mean. My buddy and I were talking before the show started (keep in mind that everybody else was talking too) so she told us that we had to be separated. She made me sit in her seat and she took mine.

They taped a week's worth of shows in one day. In between two of the shows they announced that there were raffle tickets taped underneath our chairs.

They called my ticket and I had to sign for something called "Lonestar House of Phones". Nobody who worked there knew what it was. They just said that I would get it in the mail.

2 months go by and I get a giant box full of 6 telephones. In another week I got a package with 4 more phones.

*curtsies*

ive won like 5 discs and a bunch of my own shirts that i donated to the raffle. it never fails that when i donate something my name gets pulled for it! i put it back in of course but why cant i get called for the baskets instead of my own stuff!

*curtsies*

You're a teacher?!

I attended a charity ball golf outing in Louisville years ago and everyone was given one raffle ticket. It was a huge event with some local celebrities in attendance, and Packers great Paul Hornung was asked to emcee the event, handing out the golfing awards and drawing the raffle tickets. There was an open bar (which was the only reason my buddy and I stuck around), and Mr. Hornung was taking full advantage.

The last prize of the evening was a full set of clubs, bag, balls, and such that was used on the tour by Jodie Mudd - he had won the Players Championship a couple of years earlier and was a pretty good player at the time. Mr. Hornung drew the first name, and someone in the back yelled out that he had already left. "F--- him!" Paul said, "This is the grand prize and you have to be present to win". Everyone laughed and when he drew the second name, someone else said "He just left - he's probably still in the parking lot". "Tough s---! I'm drawing again!" replied Paul.

Of course, I was the third name drawn, and I staggered up to the stage where Paul gave me a bear hug and said "I'll bet you're f---in' glad you stuck around, aren't you? Let's have a drink!" So I stuck around for awhile drinking with Paul Hornung, hearing stories that I couldn't repeat even if I could remember them...

I played with those clubs (Powerbilt Citations) for a couple of years - still have them and the bag with Jodie's name on it in my basement.

Latest posts