• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Throw of the Week

My partner parked a 376' hole with a beat star wraith. The guy usually throws about 325'ish so it was a really big deal for him.

Probably the 65' putt for a four on hole 11 Peter pan, signature peninsula hole. I threw my second shot from the bushes on the right OB in the water. Made the long recovery shot to salvage a bogey.

Had an upshot with the Tursas from around 225' that hit the name plate, hole 5 Jones west, after a drive went into the tree. That was disappointing.

This past weekend I was playing with my sons. My 16 y/o parks a short hole but this was on a steep hill and not an easy task. So I through a buzzz get it to high and floats all the way to the bottom of the hill. My son was bragging about his deuce so I get out my wizard and just before I throw he says "he will probably make it" to his brother. My older son is telling him to shut up so I let it go and chained about a 75 ft or so upshot. Sweet revenge!!

I played William Yates Sprint DGC today for the first time. (I actually ended up playing more than once.) First tee is 245' across a valley from a tee pad that is too short for any sort of runup. Threw a Neutron Axis straight across, parking it on the hillside a couple of feet from the basket. I've been having some trouble adjusting to the Neutron from the Proton, as it is a bit overstable, so the straight flight with no fade, and no roll away on the hillside, were great to see! :D

Was playing open today in the mini for the first time, and my drive on 13 (big hyzer) bounced off the basket and parked it in front of 950+ players. It was pretty glorious.

150 out, behind a tree with low branches in my line. Threw a hard & low hyzer with a jokeri about 8' at the apex. It hit ground about 5 feet in front of the basket, slammed on the brakes, and stopped no more than 10' behind for a tap-in bird. Livin' the dream.

Colfax, IA hole # 18

I was about 275-300 out. Decided to take out the barstamp buzz, put it on a hyzer line, crashed the chains, sat on the lip of the basket and then fell out for a tap in 3.

Would have been a deuce and would have been the 1st person to do it in our league that I know of.

I parked a 520' par 4 hole a couple days ago with my effed up back. I was pretty happy having a drop in eagle. However, I'm not totally convinced that hole should be a par 4.

I had 4 best throws of the week. I played 2 rounds at camp sankanac and was able to birdie hole 3 and hole 12 in back to back rounds. The holes are not far but reqire good shots to get birdie. What made them the best shots were they repeated themselves from the 1st to 2nd round. Consistent

Latest posts