• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Throw of the Week

250' downhill gentle turnover into basket

250' downhill gentle turnover into basket. sad part: it was my 2nd throw from the tee. The first was great too: a forehand that caught an edge and rolled by the pole for a birdie, but the cubby ace was more fun to watch. :thmbup:

I have 2 cubby aces there, both with white pro Katanas, which I don't even throw much anymore...

Latimer Lakes, Thorn Lake MS #15

I threw a beauty today, me and 2 other guys went and played Barnet park in Kinston, Nc. We get to hole 5 which is 501 ft that goes straight at first for about 100 then turns to the right , I threw a huge s-curve with my wraith and I'm within 90 ft in the middle of the fairway. An easy up shot to a tap in 3 on a difficult hole. I was on today and shot my personal best at that course with a 56 from the blue tees to the orange baskets on 7 and 8.

I was able to sneak out to Moraine State Park today and played the blue tees with my BIL.

We started on five, and when we got to 13, I explained to him how I thought the hole was kinda dumb because the gap you seem to need to hit is about four feet wide the entire way up the hill. It's only 231 feet (uphill, though, so add 25-30 feet or so).

cce1c388.jpg

I concluded by saying "so basically, you just throw it somewhere near that tiny gap and hope it only grazes the inside of a few trees on its way." Immediately after saying that I threw a Buzzz SS and, well, it was one of the easier twos I've ever had. :p

attachment.php

One arrow is my disc. The other arrow is where my BIL ended up. :)

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 148
Sanford Golf Course Temp setup.

#1 - 420' a bit downhill over the pond.

Parked.... giant anny with my beat in S-PD

580640_10151383128576212_250685734_n-001.jpg

1497_10151383128461212_62139238_n-001.jpg

Today I played a few rounds. I had a few good shots, drives and putts. Two good drives, and one really good putt. At Buffalo Ridge in Phoenix, I wish I could remember the hole numbers. I think it was hole d that was about 270ish feet. The basket was to the right of the tee behind a grouping of trees, with a small gap to potentially place the disc. I threw a zombee, it turned over faded to the right. The disc hit the gap, and I was only about 3 feet from the basket. The best putt was at los olivos after the round at buffalo ridge. I had a precotious putting line. I had to keep it low to avoid tree branches, and a tree was also in my line. It was about 50 feet out. I threw it on an anny line, and stuck.

My buddy had the luckiest putt though. He threw the disc high, hit the top of the basket, the basket top cought the lip of the putter and the putter fell into the basket.

ab64d35a.jpg

Hole 3, Land of Memories in Mankato - my home course. It's plenty iced over now and some of the holes are unplayable b/c of the gobs of rain that we got that created lakes on the course (which then froze). I have measured this hole at 310 via Google maps and approximated that via pacing, so it's longer than the 260 in the listing.

Anywho, I was out yesterday testing driving putters. Very easy to do when they're no one else around. But when I got here, I also decided to throw my beat X Comet since I'm going to be moving from Rocs to Comets as my primary midrange.

It was one of those throws where everything just went right, 20+ MPH R -> L crosswind be damned. The disc flipped up to flat and just sailed, getting no more than about 15-20 feet high straight at the basket and never fading out. It went about 280-290 feet, in range for a putt. It landed just past the tree to the immediate left of the pin (as viewed from the teepad)

It's longest I've ever thrown something on flat elevation that wasn't a driver, and normally I don't throw drivers that far. Crazy.

Played dubs with a bunch of DRG peeps at Patapsco. My best throw was our second on #7, a 629-foot double dogleg through the woods. A Diamond standstill flew past a million trees and left us an easy upshot for 4.

That wasn't the best throw of the day, though. Jabruzzo3 nailed a long downhill putt on #6, and psudgc17 had a killer drive on #4, splitting the gap perfectly and landing high on the hill.

Almost aced hole 16 at my home course, Wheeler Park in Geneva, Il yesterday. Skipped my Firebird on a flick up into the bottom of the basket. Coincidentally, it was my 200th round there since August 2011 and my first metal hit of the year.

Yep, made this 25' putt today

I know, who cares, it's just a 25' putt. But I backhanded this shot (on Williamsberg hole 8) over the bridge, below the handrail, and nothing but chains, straddling on that frozen log, left foot behind my Northman. No witnesses, so I took a very rare cellphone pic.
picture.php

Definitely brothers throw.

He putts and it falls off the cliff.... He climbs down (after I told him not to) then he throws it from where it lied... (also told him not to) and he was just trying to throw it to me.... It never made it up the cliff, but he did make it in the smallest deepest hole on the side of the cliff lolol. We had to leave it cause he was getting tired of climbing lol. Went back the next day to grab it because it was in such an obscure location.

OH but I guess this is best throw.... not really for the hilarious.

Hit a shot from pretty much exactly where this picture was taken on hole 7 at Kereiakes Park, about 150 ft! buzzz ss s curved and went right by that tree and faded in. :clap:
e8f8bd5b.jpg

Last edited:
Best throw today was a Zero Pure into the backyard basket from 165 feet out (and uphill - both ways!). The dogs witnessed, I swear.

460ft with a Forehand Roller...it was an 11x Eagle X that is so crazy overstable that I can't break 280 with it.

In a field practicing, by the way.

Hole #14 at Swope yesterday (8:12 in this video). 456 feet, out of some trees, over a valley and back into the trees.

I threw out my *D mostly flat, flipped over nicely on the right side of the fairway, faded back nicely towards the pin. Put in the 20 foot putt for a sweet birdie.

Looked exactly like Steve Brinster's shot at 8:40 in that same video.

But I was more impressed with my friend Bob's two shots in the wind yesterday: he parked a drive 4' from the pin on the 366' downhill #10 at Simsbury, then later drained a beautiful 90 foot approach shot at Flat Rocks' #8. Two VERY different deuces! :clap:

Nice on the hole 8. Flat Rocks is home to some of my most memorable shots. Made a huge putt on 9 once after throwing a Wasp too high and it hyzered out hard. I was pin high but about 2 feet from the parking lot haha. Later that day on a second time through I used an Axis and threw it hard and low as possible. Rode the hill down no more than a foot or two off the ground. No idea where it went off the tee. So my buddy Joey and I start walking down the hill. It's sitting under the basket.

Next hole he parks it on a blind uphill shot after I fall on my drive (the pads there can be slick). It's a 250'ish hole and I was around halfway there. No wind and I just throw a hit and stick hyzer with a Magic. Hit and stick... into the chains that is! :D I was cheesin' the rest of the round.

Hole #14 at Swope yesterday (8:12 in this video). 456 feet, out of some trees, over a valley and back into the trees.

I threw out my *D mostly flat, flipped over nicely on the right side of the fairway, faded back nicely towards the pin. Put in the 20 foot putt for a sweet birdie.

Looked exactly like Steve Brinster's shot at 8:40 in that same video.

Nice shot. Was it like in the video where everyone else approaches and a putt or two then you finally get your turn?