• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Throw of the Week

Although I had the WORST round I have had in the past few years in a tournament this weekend, I did make this birdie putt during that round to take away some of the pain (pain which I endured while previously failing miserably to navigate a triple mando 600+ footer with OB on both sides)...I was about 35 out and had to hit a gap that was barely wider than my putter and I got through clean without touching a tree.

bestputtever_zps3b342a40.jpg

Last edited:
I played Lakewood in Seattle on Friday; hole 17 as it is currently configured is pretty long, and mainly downhill. My drive was decent, but I had a long uphill approach, and I threw a new D Buzzz 100+feet and hit the upright and parked it under the basket. Buzzz does this to me periodically. :)

Hole#4 @ Becker city park. Turned my tee shot into the woods ... luckily only about five feet off the fairway. Threw it in from about 120' for bird.

At last Saturday's Ice Bowl in Evansville, IN, Steve Bowra hit back to back aces on holes 8 & 9 at Mesker Park Disc Golf Course.

Hole #15 at Knob Hill Park in PA. 32 degrees with about 3 inches of snow on the ground. Threw a big Anny with my GL core through the trees kissed the tree next to the basket and dropped straight into the basket for my first ace. :p

Skipped a 100' approach on #5 at Expo in Aurora. Totally caught me by surprise. I will try for that shot in the future (as opposed to having a merely unconscious zen moment. Two cats running up in front of me heard me hit the chains, and turned around in time enough to see my distance from the hole.

Saw the first "official" tournament ace at Valmont this Saturday. Guy hit chains on the first throw at #4 in front of a large crew (5 or 6?). Red DX (I think) Valkyrie. It looked good from the release, and we all called it, and cheered when it sailed in with a definitive CH-CHING! No doubt, it was shot of the week!

i played zebulon today and was trying out a new star wraith that is very flexy, like a esp flx but stiffer, anyhow I threw it on hole 14 which is just past 400. I threw it on a long slow hyzerb and was trying to land in the lower area by the green, well I crushed it and was parked, 10 feet long. By far by best drive on this hole.
view_image.php

Chained out at bicentennial's new Hole 13 with my katana when I was just trying to hit some trees to beat it up.

Skipped off the top of the basket on 14 (same course)

And Today!
I threw my drive on 11, hit the first tree on the right. My approach shot was with the same disc, I lasered it through the gap and parked the basket about 340 through a bunch of trees. It was so awesome.

Limona 7 is an uphill drive. I wormburned it, and left it 140 ft short. At that point, I was annoyed, and there was tree issues with the soft hyzer I wanted to play. So, I tossed a champ cro on a very light annie. About halfway there, I thought...."that's not going in is it?" Bam! right in the chains. Very unexpected deuce.

280 foot chicken wing down a long chute to birdie and take the CTP on hole 6 white at Valley Springs in Durham. Never played the hole, was going to throw a thumber, but the fun frisbeehead in my brain whispered "It's a chicken wing." so I pulled out my Special blend Roc and fluttered it right down the tunnel. One of the longest chicken wing birdies I can remember. I usually only use it for shots under about 230.

Wrote Matt P "Chicken wing" on the CTP.

Jeremy Koling was in the group behind me and got it closer. He wrote Big Jerm "Normal throw".

But he missed his putt!

Course has some short, wooded holes - opens into some more open, field holes - then back into the woods.

Had two wooded throws on the 130-ish baskets hit chains, but no dice.

One of the "open" holes has a parking lot on one side and marsh on the other, with a narrow fairway lined with trees....it's been busting my brain for 2 wks, finally lasered a Roc and parked it 20-30ft from the basket...I was just proud I didn't have to get in the marsh.

/noobadventures

I parked a 400' hole with barry schultz watching me then realized the basket was in the other position.

If I witnessed a best throw of the week, does that count?
My buddy DSCJNKY hit an Ace on this hole last sunday!
7a687c32.jpg

It was cool to watch!

SAw an ace on number 17 @ HAH Fairborn after the VVB. The acer threw a LHBH turnover with his Tern and it flipped , went left then slowly faded into the chains, Bam! The dude was super pumped.