• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best way to remove stinky smells from a disc?

tu-f-o

Double Eagle Member
I have a disc that smells like marijuana (not from me, it came in the mail like that).
It's a really heavy strong smell that I can't get rid of.
What's the best way to make discs smell good, or at the very least, neutralize the bad odor?

I've scrubbed it with soap over and over.
I used a facial scrub liquid with tee tree oil, and that kind of helped the most so far.

It's getting a bit better but still gross.
I've also bought used discs that really smelled good for awhile. Not sure if anyone knows how to do that too.

:hfive:

I've gotten some from tabbaco smokers (even worse) that is strong and the sad part is they probably don't even smell it anymore... I will put it in the warm water and quick wash with like a body wash like old spice or something classy like that, then I'll flip the disc upside down and fill with water and put a little body wash in it. Leave it for half a day or so. The disc will smell great for days, if not longer (very subtly)

Use vinegar. You do get another bad odor, but it will go away ... eventually.

(and, you know what they say: you'll stop attracting unwanted attention with vinegar)

Worried about stamp? Orange oil/ degreaser will do the trick...but will take the stamp right off!

Not sure if this will work for that particular smell, but it works well for discs from ponds with no names.

I usually wash with soap and water and then let it sit out in the sun for a couple of days.

Simple Green. Dilute out some simple green in a bucket, let it sit in there for a while. Got motor oil off a white First Run Core I had dropped in the garage.

The 7 I have found in the local waters sure do have some stink to them. Usually just wash them a couple times and let them air out. Traded one off a day after pulling it out, I bet that kid wondered why that disc smelled so funky :gross:.

Drakkar Noir.

Not only will the pot smell be gone, but trashy ladies from all walks of life will flock to you.

I bought a disc from a shop that burns incense, the smell is embedded in the disc. no matter what I do the smell is there to stay. personally I hate incense, give me a headache, but all my mvp disc smell so good, I thought about putting all my disc In a small room and burning incense to scent them all, but that would be lame. whenever someone picks up my disc I tell them to smell it. just my 2 cents

hilarious responses.
thanks

I'll probably do the same but air it out more

I've removed the smell of death/swamp goo from some nastynastynasty smelling discs by soaking them for a day in baking soda water. Very highly concentrated. They smelled so bad my daughter made me hold them out the window as we drove home.

Latest posts