• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Beware of thieves at Pease Park in ATX!!!

kitter

My truck was broken into while a friend and I got a round on at Pease Park this morning. Apparently they watch you and wait until you go under the bridge to hole #2 and you are out of sight. We didn't finish the round, and were only gone about 25 minutes to return to a busted out window. If you play this park - take all your belongings with you.:mad:

Dern, that suckles. It's also pretty suprising considering how busy & populated that parking lot is. I was just out there yesterday afternoon & can't imagine someone trying to pull a stunt like that w/ so many people around. Although, Pease might be fairly empty in the mornings, I dunno.

Thanks for letting us know man. Sorry to hear about your loss.

That really sucks and makes things no fun. Sorry to hear.

My truck was broken into while a friend and I got a round on at Pease Park this morning. Apparently they watch you and wait until you go under the bridge to hole #2 and you are out of sight. We didn't finish the round, and were only gone about 25 minutes to return to a busted out window. If you play this park - take all your belongings with you.:mad:

I know it isn't going to bring your stuff back but, what comes around goes around.:| Karma is real and it will bite you in the arse when you least expect it. I have been the recipient of bad karma and I deserved it. I have also seen people that have done me wrong get a 64oz. big gulp of their own medicine. So just put it out of your mind as soon as humanly possible. Did they steal any of your discs? People here can sometimes have a good heart. WarEagle did not extinguish them.

If you drive a truck, like I do, never leave anything in site that might look valuable. I even take the face off my radio, at nice courses. I also keep a bunch of jackets in my floor board, and put anything of value under there. I also, scatter some papers around the cab and me it look messy, and most thieves see that, and think "Damn, this poor guy is a slob. I bet he has nothing of value in there. Just a tip.

I know it isn't going to bring your stuff back but, what comes around goes around.:| Karma is real and it will bite you in the arse when you least expect it. I have been the recipient of bad karma and I deserved it. I have also seen people that have done me wrong get a 64oz. big gulp of their own medicine. So just put it out of your mind as soon as humanly possible. Did they steal any of your discs? People here can sometimes have a good heart. WarEagle did not extinguish them.

He got darn close to changing all of those who were generous enough to give plastic free of charge.

....I was going to talk about karma, but I'm just failing to figure out a way to put what I want to say into words :doh:.

He got darn close to changing all of those who were generous enough to give plastic free of charge.

....I was going to talk about karma, but I'm just failing to figure out a way to put what I want to say into words :doh:.

He def made us more suspicious of other people. This was this guys 1st post. Looks like he wanted to warn us enough to finally post.:clap: It took me some time before I clicked on a thread. The 1st couple of months, I would just write my review and close the computer.

If you drive a truck, like I do, never leave anything in site that might look valuable. I even take the face off my radio, at nice courses. I also keep a bunch of jackets in my floor board, and put anything of value under there. I also, scatter some papers around the cab and me it look messy, and most thieves see that, and think "Damn, this poor guy is a slob. I bet he has nothing of value in there. Just a tip.

That is hilarious. Great idea, don't get me wrong. I can just see you setting up your truck, all espionage-like. :D

That really, REALLY sucks man. I hate to hear that anyone has stuff stolen from them, but even more when it's a fellow disc golfer that gets taken advantage of. I hope with all my heart that you somehow find the culprit and bring down some swift punishment.

That is classic. Never clean that puppy out. I have a back up vehicle that is a 1986 Dodge Astro van. The hood is faded and several other spots are also. If anyone broke in, they would prob feel bad for me and put in a stereo.

That sucks bud. The world is going to hell in a hand basket for sure. Its lke the crazies

Thanks for the heads up. I would not think anyone would be brave enough to break into a car in an area like that. I'm going to take extra precaution with all my stuff at all the courses. Feel bad for you negative experience. Many aces to ya this year

Luckily the car I drive around looks like complete crap, I think only the most desperate of all criminals would even think to steal something from it.

Sorry about your stuff, I hope they didn't get too much.

that sucks man. i played there 2 weekends in a row and it started out as a calm morning but by the 2nd rounds its usually busy. good thing i drive a POS. . that and i never keep plastic or anything valuable in my ride anymore.. best of luck to ya on getting your stuff back

Did they steal any of your discs? People here can sometimes have a good heart. WarEagle did not extinguish them.

No plastic was stolen, but they did make off with some cash & my phone. Sorry, but I don't know WarEagle. Apparently that's for the better...

I'm a courier that lives in his truck 60 hours a week. It's a delivery truck that has 250,000 miles on it. It has stock rims that are missing the hubcaps. Nothing of value was in sight. There are lots of empty mountain dew cans and cigarette packs on the floorboard. In the back of the king cab there are maps, magazines, and various paperwork tossed around. The slob technique only works to deter the undedicated cop from searching under your seat because he just put his hand in the combo meal that slid down the side of the seat the other night! The person that did this probably saw me get out of my truck with my Revolution bag filled with plastic, and assumed (right) that there would be something worth breaking in for. I don't think it was another golfer. A person at work said he has heard of break ins at Town Lake & the Greenbelt. I think people are taking advantage of the fact that the weather is nice, folks are going to the park, and leaving their vehicle behind for a couple of hours.

Did you report it to the police?

I did, so hopefully APD will step up patrol in the area. It's probably best to play the course when there is more traffic later in the afternoon. I've been playing Pease since the early 90's, and never had a problem before this. I thought I was the lucky one who worked all night, and could get a round on early morning at any course in town without anyone around. No one, except for the thieves... Lucky me

That is hilarious. Great idea, don't get me wrong. I can just see you setting up your truck, all espionage-like. :D

Its not that hard to do. Also, it helps if you take an old "Electric " or water bill, and put in huge letters "CUT OFF NOTICE" on it, and let it on the dash. Maybe they will feel sorry for you and keep going . They will believe you don't have any money in the truck, if you can't even pay your bills.

Its not that hard to do. Also, it helps if you take an old "Electric " or water bill, and put in huge letters "CUT OFF NOTICE" on it, and let it on the dash. Maybe they will feel sorry for you and keep going . They will believe you don't have any money in the truck, if you can't even pay your bills.

LOL at the cut off notice, nicely played subterfuge Midnightbiker

my civic has an awesome feature where you can lock the trunk so that the lever next to the drivers seat won't open it. when it's locked you can only open it by using a key on the truck.

i leave it locked always and most always put anything of value in the truck so that anyone that breaks in won't be able to get at my stuff.

Latest posts