• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BG AMS!!! April 12, 13, 14

I'm excited, it will be my first time actually getting to play in the BG Ams. I'll probably make myself play advanced just to play BG Tech, but we'll see. Also, I've got room in my dorm for someone to sleep if they need a place to stay.

I'm excited, it will be my first time actually getting to play in the BG Ams. I'll probably make myself play advanced just to play BG Tech, but we'll see. Also, I've got room in my dorm for someone to sleep if they need a place to stay.

I'll take you up on the offer, if it's still available. This will be my first time playing in this event and I am excited. I'll be coming from Nebraska, which is an eleven hour drive which is gonna suck.

Being my first time, any suggestions as to how many days I should come out before the start of the tourney?

I was considering entering this year. I went to Western Kentucky back in the early 90's & played the Bowling Green Open (Do they still have that event?)

I have a friend that still lives there and would have a place to stay.

I might actually take you up on that

I was considering entering this year. I went to Western Kentucky back in the early 90's & played the Bowling Green Open (Do they still have that event?)

No they don't, but I have a sweet Pro-D (from when D didn't suck) Cyclone with a BGO 99 stamp. They are trying to rebuild the scene in again, and threw a very good B-tier this fall for the Nat's Halloween tournament. HB Clark runs BGAMS, and Sean Sinclair is working on the other tournaments.

No the BG Ams have more or less taken over the BG open. I go to Western now and started the disc golf club with there.

I tried for 3 years to start a DG club at Western but I could never get it going. Does the campus still have that 9 hole course by the dorms along Normal street?

it was at 6, then they took a few out to put in some pipes, now it's down to 4. I think they plan to put two back in though.

The 9 holer got taken up around the time they closed all the directional dorms. My first semester was fall '97. You wouldn't even recognize the place now, there are probably 8 new buildings, stands on both sides of the football field, and Virginia Garrett Ave. isn't even there anymore.

The 9 holer got taken up around the time they closed all the directional dorms. My first semester was fall '97. You wouldn't even recognize the place now, there are probably 8 new buildings, stands on both sides of the football field, and Virginia Garrett Ave. isn't even there anymore.

That's too bad. I loved that little course. I would carry a gator in my backpack and play it when I had an hour gap between classes.

I used to live in the student ghetto right under Cherry Hall at the bottom of the hill on College Heights Blvd and College St. I know a lot of that was demolished after I left. They were going to drop the football program because only about 50 students would go to the games.

One thing I wish I could get was a "WKU" patch so I could put it on my DG bag.

PDGA site updated

Uploaded the 53 registered players to the PDGA site - so ya'll can continue the smack by looking at ratings in each division!

Uploaded the 53 registered players to the PDGA site - so ya'll can continue the smack by looking at ratings in each division!

Thanks HB!
Now I can lower my expectations to an appropriate level. ;)
...but not my anticipation.
Really looking forward to BG Ams! :clap:

My brother and I just registered. I can't wait, this will be my first big A tier tournament so I hope it lives up to my expectations. Lots of practice will be going on from now until then. Hope to see many of you there!

CFR disc for BG

Thanks to all who have ordered CFR pre-release terns, flat top firebirds, and glow dominators as you signed up for the event. I do ship those out ASAP from when you sign up - so you can enjoy and learn the disc now.

If you did not get one upon signing up, just pm me and I can hook you up.

new to the game, thinking about playing in the bgam this year. What all do I need to get signed up and what division do I need to sign up for?

new to the game, thinking about playing in the bgam this year. What all do I need to get signed up and what division do I need to sign up for?

you will need to be a PDGA member and you should probably sign up for the recreational division

Waiting for a few more dollars my way and then I will secure my spot in intermediate. Already ordered a CFR Tern to support the tournament.

Latest posts