• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Big Hyzer Bag- Ergo

DeadEye

Double Eagle Member
226608_388086281283190_2092435833_n.jpg

Looks like a 2nd version of the BH bag that Schusterick was sporting at Worlds, seems like this one is much sturdier with a more solid base to keep it more upright. The thought behind it is to keep the weight of the discs and the bag on the shoulders instead of the lower back, on Facebook they mentioned it was designed specifically for Kevin Rarick with some lower back problems.

I give them props for trying something other than just copying the Grip, and if it is specifically designed to help with back problems I could see it being a hit if it's as comfortable as it is interestingly designed.

Thoughts?

My thoughts.. It sorta half-looks like some of the DIY backpacks on this sight. I personally did a DIY backpack with the Mountain Trails camping/hiking pack where I put a PVC cage in the bottom like a lot of people do, but put 2 Innova Accordian Dividers up top with velcro so I could have 10-15 on the bottom and up to 12 up top. This is pretty similar, except slimmer and done more professionally with the discs more ontop of eachother rather than side by side.

I actually liked the look of the other BH bag, but agreed with many others that it looked far too flimsy to be able to last for too long and stand on it's own. This one seems to have fixed all of my previous doubts.

Judging by the picture, looks like it can fit close 30 counting the 3-4 deep putter pocket and maximum cramming. Might be a little less with having them all along the spine instead of stacked at the bottom, but it still looks like it has plenty of room.

Wait, the rainfly has a built in hoodie? Brilliant. That's a cool looking bag IMO.

I'm very curious how that extra padding up top would feel.

Looks kinda narrow. Also wondering how tall this is.

Waist straps seems unnecessary.

Wish there was a photo of the bag half open. I'm guessing the inner layer is orange? Has an inner pocket?

I like the rainfly/hoodie idea.

Overall, I'm very interested!

Wondering if the "tongue" of the bag just hangs down when the bag is open or if there is a way to tuck it in or something

I feel better about buying the Grip bag each time I see another one of these or the DIY backpacks for sixty bucks threads.

$199.99 plus shipping and handling ??
:confused:

Am I missing a price tag? I didn't see one posted anywhere. $200 will be a bit steep for this...I think. If they could get it down to like $149.99 I bet they would produce a lot more interest. But if Will S. rocks it all season it could pick up steam.

It's an OK looking bag. A big problem I see is the flap issue Swisher is talking about. It may fold in, but it also apparently houses your mini and a towel clip, so those become unusable if you fold it in.

I'm also curious to see more about the bottom of the compartment. The one pic shows a bunch of discs side to side. Optional configuration? It seems if you go that route, you only have acces to the top 4 pockets for vertical discs.

Additional storage is looking a little on the weak side, as well.

Looks like a pretty cool bag, really. I'm doing lots of research before I buy a backpack-style bag....that said, if this is really 200 bucks I'll stick with a Revo, Simian or Grip.

Really? The Grip bag and the Simian have all the bases covered? You guys must have absolutely no imagination. While they're both good bags, they both have features that I dislike, and personally if I was playing a tournament... I wouldn't want to get matched up on a card with 4 people who all have the same bags just because it's 'the cool thing to do'.

Really? The Grip bag and the Simian have all the bases covered? You guys must have absolutely no imagination. While they're both good bags, they both have features that I dislike, and personally if I was playing a tournament... I wouldn't want to get matched up on a card with 4 people who all have the same bags just because it's 'the cool thing to do'.

I don't care what bag the rest of my card is using. I just want a bag that holds all my discs, my towels, my water, my power bars, my first aid kit, my retriever, spare socks, and has room to store my jacket when it warms up halfway through round 1, spot for my stool and/or umbrella, is comfortable on my back, and protects my discs from wear and weather.

This bag doesn't appear to have the storage space that I want in a tournament bag, so I will pass. I dig that folks are trying different things with the bags now though. All that can do is help going forward.

I'm excited about it. I love my 8-Frame bag by Big Hyzer and I've been looking at getting a backpack style bag sometime in the future. If this had a built in seat I'd be all for it. I've been rocking the 8-Frame for about 9 months and I still love it. Big Hyzer makes great bags.

I'm excited about it. I love my 8-Frame bag by Big Hyzer and I've been looking at getting a backpack style bag sometime in the future. If this had a built in seat I'd be all for it. I've been rocking the 8-Frame for about 9 months and I still love it. Big Hyzer makes great bags.

Yea, I'd really love a good DG backpack with a seat but all the ones that are out there are just not for me. What I like about the bag is that it keeps the discs close to your body and aligned with the spine, making the discs feel more a part of the body than just hanging off your back. Not liking the hip-straps though, I had those on my DIY bag and took them off.

i wa just saying we have not seen anything better than those two yet. believe me i have imagination and i am also a bag whore on multiple levels. 4 dg bags and 5 backpacking bags etc. this bag seems almost there, but some obvious improvements can be made to everything on the market. the perfect bag will never exist. the perfect bag for me or any other individual depends. selection is good there is still room for more.

It appears there is a clip at the top. I guess you could just clip that instead of zipping the main compartment during a round to access towel/mini.

Personally I like the bag and if I didn't already have a mahal I would get one....might still anyway :)

Yea, I'd really love a good DG backpack with a seat but all the ones that are out there are just not for me. What I like about the bag is that it keeps the discs close to your body and aligned with the spine, making the discs feel more a part of the body than just hanging off your back. Not liking the hip-straps though, I had those on my DIY bag and took them off.

The bag is interesting and definitely different. I like the thought of the bag but it's lacking in a few areas. Btw Physical Flight already has a bag that has been designed and approved by a Doctor of Physical Therapy with an emphasis on decreasing Low back pain and shoulder fatigue!?!

Cons: The d ring/ towel clip and mini holder on the front is useless when playing.
The bag seems very top heavy and is going to have issues with tipping.
I bet the price will be upwards of $250 and I saw nothing about warranty or materials used.
If it doesn't come with a lifetime warranty like Physical Flight and Mystery Ranch it's not worth the money.

Pros; Will S. carries it
It's different.
rain flap with hoodie is a great idea ( until you are wearing it and tryout to take it off)

There are better options on the market with a proven track record and much more functional right now.

I do wish then luck tho.