• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Big Hyzer Bag- Ergo

Yes.
And I'm really interested in any good rainfly mods anyone might have. The fly is the one real detractor on that bag, for me.
It's pouring again today. Anyone got good suggestions?
The hood is just a blunder for me.

Nice! I have one on the way. After spending the last few years using a DIY bag, it will be nice to have a bag that was made for DG.

I'm with you Plankeye. Been using DIY'd bags for years, but finally bought a mint Ergo 1 for a great price. Been really liking it, except for the rain fly.

I know that someone out there has figured out a good solution to make it more workable. Help me out?

Nice! I have one on the way. After spending the last few years using a DIY bag, it will be nice to have a bag that was made for DG.

I'm with you Plankeye. Been using DIY'd bags for years, but finally bought a mint Ergo 1 for a great price. Been really liking it, except for the rain fly.

I know that someone out there has figured out a good solution to make it more workable. Help me out?

Lol, what a coincidence. I've been using a cabelas for at least 2 years now and it's a great bag. Still in great shape too. It was the rain fly on the ergo 2 that got me to recently order one though. The lack of a rain fly and lack of a good solution to one for the cabelas was really my only complaint with that bag.

Is it just the hood part that bugs you? I recall the fly being perfectly functional, even if you tuck the hood down or don't use it.

I had been tucking the hood part back into the fly's compartment, but it always pulls out. It is not an elegant solutionm, and the hood is just a lot of useless extra fabric.

Then the other day was a little windy and it kept pulling and blowing loose like a big windsock. I'm guessing someone else has run into this and found a clever way to modify the top of the fly to secure it and tuck away the hood.

I intend to and do use the fly - I live in Oregon. But simply cutting off the hood will leave the top of the fly flapping around.

I know I can't be the only one who doesn't want to wear the hood but still wants a protective rain fly that covers the top of the bag.

And I know somebody has come up with a clever solution. The best I've come up with so far is to cut off half of the hood and attach two velcro hoops that would go around the top of the shoulder straps. Which I may just do. But I'm looking for better ideas before I start cutting...

Lol, what a coincidence. I've been using a cabelas for at least 2 years now and it's a great bag. Still in great shape too. It was the rain fly on the ergo 2 that got me to recently order one though. The lack of a rain fly and lack of a good solution to one for the cabelas was really my only complaint with that bag.

I used my Cabela's for about a year and a half but got tired of the lack of a true drink holder. Plus I got a cart and I needed a top loading bag. So I picked up a hyzerbomb demo bag but ditched it after 1 tournament. It didn't hold enough discs and I had to attach another small bag to the cart to hold my putters.

Then I got the embark jartop. Its nice but it just got annoying having to take the putters out of the front every time I was done playing so my putters wouldn't warp.

I used my Cabela's for about a year and a half but got tired of the lack of a true drink holder. Plus I got a cart and I needed a top loading bag. So I picked up a hyzerbomb demo bag but ditched it after 1 tournament. It didn't hold enough discs and I had to attach another small bag to the cart to hold my putters.

Then I got the embark jartop. Its nice but it just got annoying having to take the putters out of the front every time I was done playing so my putters wouldn't warp.

I attached a couple d links to the side to hold a tall metal waterbottle and I also keep a water bladder in the top compartment with a hose that just sticks out the zippered top. It's actually why I asked John to stick a d link in the side pocket and some elastic on the right shoulder strap so that it could hold the bladder up right and the hose would have some where to be snug against a strap.

My bag arrived today but since it was used I would like to wash it to try and get some of the dirtier spots a little cleaner.

Anyone been successful at cleaning the bag?

Who's still using these?

I was aboutto sell mine, but then I really picked it up again, and I'm thinking about putting it to work for the winter. Gotta love all the extra storage. And the Ergo 2 rainfly fits it like a glove.

I'm still using mine. It might be the best bag ever built for using with a cart. I put mine on to wear to the car, and I'd forgotten how comfortable it was on my back. I would love an Ergo 2 rainfly with the 1's hood. It covers my valuables box perfectly.

Still using mine. Super durable bag. It took me a while to settle on how to carry my discs but now I tuck the tongue in and stack it 18 tall. Putters in the small round pocket in front with it tucked down. Still wish the side pockets where a little wider

haven't even thought about switching from mine. it carries my discs and a few other things. it's not for the golfer with tons of gear but it can still hold a hoodie, some snacks and the rainfkys is still the best one hands down. just haven't been able to find a time to send mine to John to modify to carry a water bladder

haven't even thought about switching from mine. it carries my discs and a few other things. it's not for the golfer with tons of gear but it can still hold a hoodie, some snacks and the rainfkys is still the best one hands down. just haven't been able to find a time to send mine to John to modify to carry a water bladder

Pretty sure you're talking about the 2. This is the 1. Glad you're loving the bag though.