• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Big Hyzer Bag- Ergo

I'm currently working on getting a bag made with just that concept. Couple vert sleeves, side putter pockets, main disc storage at the bottom fits an Innova U-channel divider so you can have variable disc/misc storage there.
Can't wait to see that! Taking pre orders :)

Sorry, this guy is going to be uniquely mine. Drooling is free, though. ��
lol!!! Well, I wish I had the desire and abillity to make my dream bag. Talking totally from scratch and build it the way I want. I would still like to see pics some day if you don't mind......Peace!

^^^ I want one!
I emailed John asking about the disc capacity last night and haven't received a reply. Hope it holds close to as many discs as the og ergo

Can someone give me John's email? When I click the contact us button on the site, it just asks me to configure outlook.

Not sure if I'm digging the re-tooling all that much (other than the putter pocket). When I saw pics of the first one, it actually "wow-ed" me into wanting to buy a backpack style bag (which I did). So far, these pics haven't "wow-ed" me into wishing I would have waited... I'm guessing it's mostly due to the fact that these are protos.

I do also like the re-tooling of the bottle holders - I have no issues w/the slanted ones on the original, but had they been straight across these, they'd have been money.

And so far, the proto colors aren't for me.

How many times do you think you'd need to move that top flap out of the way? (up to get discs, down to put on bag, up to get discs, down to put on bag...)

And so far, the proto colors aren't for me.

How many times do you think you'd need to move that top flap out of the way? (up to get discs, down to put on bag, up to get discs, down to put on bag...)

Not a fan of the proto colors either. Hope the bag will be available in a not so flashy get up.
As for the flap, if the put in a strip of Velcro it would allow you to roll it up and be out of the way. If they don't install anything to hold the flap ill safety pin it up. No problem for me.

So, I emailed John about some issues I have had with my bag last week. I still haven't heard back from him. It seems from reading this thread that some of you have had much better luck getting in touch with him. Any suggestions?

I emailed him last week and didn't get a response as well. Fired off another email, restating the question I had and letting him know I didn't wanna bug him but my the answer to my questions are deciding factors in which bag I get.
I got a response a few minutes later. The letter answered my questions but was short and direct, which I can appreciate but I got the feeling that he was annoyed that I emailed him again. This conclusion was drawn by comparison to my previous interactions with him. Maybe he had a rough week or something.
Ill give him the benefit of the doubt.

Trippin BIll: You might just try to shoot him another message.

If I don't hear from him today I will email him again. I don't really care if he is annoyed, I have some issues with a product he sold me.

I'm sure it's in here somewhere, but what kind of issues are you having? I saw my first Ergo in the wild other than mine and it was a giant in comparison. I can only put discs in vertically because going horizontal in the bottom chokes off all of the slots but the top one. The guy I saw had about 15 in the bottom and 3-4 in each of the top 3 slots. He was also able to keep a driver in the tongue and still zip it up. If I have a disc in there, I can't even buckle the top without smashing my discs. It's like mine was sewn with a little less material because the frame sticks out well past the zippers and my discs stick out even further from there.

Sorry the pics are sideways. They do this when I upload from my phone.
picture.php

You can see the frame sticking out well beyond the main zipper.

picture.php

This is with a flat top firebird in the tongue.

My main issue is that I can't use the side pockets for anything. If i put a putter in there it warps the disc severely, and if I put a water bottle in there it falls out. My frame does stick out a bit as well, but not as much as yours.

I can't use the side slots for discs either. I bought a couple canteens at a military surplus store for $5. They fit in there great and haven't fallen out yet. I really like this bag, but feel like I would enjoy it more if it were a perfect representation of what they were going for. When the Ergo 2 comes out, I'll probably sell the first run and buy that.

the only thing i like about the Ergo2 over the ergo i currently have is the putter pocket. Other than that it doesn't really appeal to me.

I like that the Ergo 2 doesn't have the tongue flap. I usually have it tucked in under the bottom disc slot, but that takes away a disc I could otherwise be carrying. I really don't like it hanging and bouncing behind me. I'm interested to see what production runs of the Ergo 2 look like. The production Ergos they have for sale now don't look exactly like the different versions of protos I've seen pictures of floating around out there. Time will tell, but I think the Ergo line of bags is the lightweight, medium sized backpack bag that a lot of people are looking for.

the only thing i like about the Ergo2 over the ergo i currently have is the putter pocket. Other than that it doesn't really appeal to me.

Agreed. They addressed the things I didn't like about my Ergo, but they changed some things that, to me, made it worse. That putter pocket is pretty sweet though.

Latest posts