• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Big Hyzer Bag- Ergo

Way vertical - only way to go IMHO. I have 16 currently in my bag using only 5 of the 6 slots. Use the 6th one for "flat items" - Innova chamois, beef jerky, stuff like that...

I tend not to use the bottom slot as well. I sometimes like to tuck the tongue in under it so it kind of loses some of its capacity. Plus, it's not the most easily accessible spot for discs, so my towel and dirt bag go down there most of the time.

I tuck the tongue down in there, too, during rounds. I've never left it hang, as I prefer using the putter pocket...

Someone posted a couple photos of the ergo2 proto on some Facebook page.

I don't know if I like it.

water bottle? still looks meh. i like that there is no tongue anymore!! my major gripe about the ergo. sorry. this new one looks interesting, looks like they are trying new things.

I like this Ergo 2 proto bag, but i really would like to see spots specific to drink holder then just a slot where discs and drinks can be held

Honestly, I think putting the putter pocket that low is bad design. In the current Ergo, I put my putters in the top slot since I reach for them the most. This is one thing the Grip and Voodoo have made essential, if you ask me: putters that are up high.

I like the rework of the bottom. The front pocket coming to a wedge at the bottom did limit the amount of discs you could fit. I also like larger looking side pockets and the addition of the handle, but I wish the tongue was still there with a place to tuck it into the bag. It also doesn't look like they worked on a camelbak space either. I wonder if the opposite orientation with the rounded bottom limits the vertical slot capacity. I also wonder if the inside pockets can hold a disc. If you could still fit 19 with 3-5 discs on the bottom while retaining the bottom storage area, I'll be very impressed.

It really sounds like they addressed almost every problem I had. They even improved something I didn't realize needed it!

Honestly, I think putting the putter pocket that low is bad design. In the current Ergo, I put my putters in the top slot since I reach for them the most. This is one thing the Grip and Voodoo have made essential, if you ask me: putters that are up high.

You still have slots where you can do that. It looks like that spot could hold 5 drivers. It looks like it could fit another putter.

Last edited:
Curious if anyone out there is going horizontal with their discs? If so, how many you fitting?
That's the only way I liked the bag was by duing that. I fit 27 total in the bag, but storage space was lost. So when I do use it I fit 15 stacked across the bottom and then it leaves you with 2 and a 1/2 of the sleeves to fit 8 to 10 more discs.
This has kind of become my "just need discs and water" bag. Granted I can still use the very front pocket on the bag, but that's about it.

Im liking the look of the ergo 2. My main question with it is disc capacity. It looks like there might not be as much room to store discs due to the re configuration.

I wonder if this isn't a second model in an Ergo "series", or if John isn't doing what disc manufacturers should do and put "run numbers" on his bags...

Another possible place for the putter pocket is on the side? Just like Lat 64's bag. After rotator surgery, I could never reach back and grab my putter from the Grip, but with that Lat bag it was very easy to grab the putter from the side. I'd Open the mouth of the main a bit and stack discs the standard way and still incorporate the vert sleeves. Couple pouches on the side (Mahal style) Storage prob over.

Another possible place for the putter pocket is on the side? Just like Lat 64's bag. After rotator surgery, I could never reach back and grab my putter from the Grip, but with that Lat bag it was very easy to grab the putter from the side. I'd Open the mouth of the main a bit and stack discs the standard way and still incorporate the vert sleeves. Couple pouches on the side (Mahal style) Storage prob over.

I'm currently working on getting a bag made with just that concept. Couple vert sleeves, side putter pockets, main disc storage at the bottom fits an Innova U-channel divider so you can have variable disc/misc storage there.