• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Big Money Skins

I've watched a little bit of Ricky's Iron man game and there is a reset that can occur in that. Don't really know how it works or if this follows a similar format.

Guess we will see how it goes.

No reset here, just the "points for shooting par or better, and escalated points relative to the actual score". So 1 eagle bests 2 birdies. It's not really what Ricky does...just another version of a "points system" instead of over and under par.

Any post-production come with that $15, or is it live only?

It said it's good for 30 days...I don't think you get post-production, but I would hope you get at least the live replay available for those 30 days. Word is (with a grain of salt because it's the word of the people who want your money) that the live production value should be impressive compared to current disc golf live productions. I think I heard they were getting an actual broadcast team to do it. I don't know what that means, or how much of a shot it was intended to be at DGPT commentators...but it seemed to be hinting at more seasoned professionals in the booth.

It said it's good for 30 days...I don't think you get post-production, but I would hope you get at least the live replay available for those 30 days. Word is (with a grain of salt because it's the word of the people who want your money) that the live production value should be impressive compared to current disc golf live productions. I think I heard they were getting an actual broadcast team to do it. I don't know what that means, or how much of a shot it was intended to be at DGPT commentators...but it seemed to be hinting at more seasoned professionals in the booth.

That could have mixed results. Bunch of people talking about a sport they know little about.

That could have mixed results. Bunch of people talking about a sport they know little about.

It could...I'm curious to find out how it goes. I wasn't sure if that meant a more seasoned play-by-play guy and a disc golf color guy. Or just a more seasoned PRODUCER who understood how to go from shot to shot in real time. Or maybe it was Luke Humphries just pumping himself up because he's going to do commentary (even though I don't really like his commentary outside of being a host on-camera).

While I have pretty much no interest in the event itself I may be interested enough in seeing how the coverage goes to pay the fee.

I navigated their horrible website to pay $14.99. Some part of me expects so much broadcast trouble that I'll get a refund, and the other part of me wants to experience fantastic cinematography. If it turns out looking exactly like a GK Skins match, I'll be underwhelmed. If all the advertised players aren't there, I'll be underwhelmed.

Back to the terrible website… wat time does this match start? … there's zero information…

Last edited:
Yeah and I'm unable to get anywhere but back to the sign up page when I click on Watch live :(

Still nothing, no contacts listed anywhere to try to fix this or get any info...and three groups have gone off per their schedule.

I did get directed to a GK Pro membership for asking for another $15!

Still nothing, no contacts listed anywhere to try to fix this or get any info...and three groups have gone off per their schedule.

I did get directed to a GK Pro membership for asking for another $15!

I don't believe coverage begins until tomorrow. Today is spectators only, right?

Only thing I see is Oct 21-23. Lots of the same questions going around Reddit and Facebook with no replies.
Does anyone have a link that says we only get to see two days (and since it's ONLY live then only spectators would ever see these rounds too)

They finally replied on FB, the broadcast starts at 8 am Saturday. So if it's only live and not rebroadcast, it seems like only spectators will ever see today's ronds.

I can't honestly understand why anyone would willfully give away money, without any clear understanding, up front, of what they are paying for.

A fool and his money........?

I can't honestly understand why anyone would willfully give away money, without any clear understanding, up front, of what they are paying for.

A fool and his money........?

Lol- we buy plastic all the time. Plastic. Hardly 2 discs are the same, and many sites you don't know what color or stamp - it's more like we ARE the group of people who regularly put up money without knowing what we pay for!
But in this case I concede :\

It's called SPENDING money, but you can give away yours if you like. They advertised a product that I, not you, want. You don't have to do squat at all here except make snide comments apparently.

This is essentially false advertising - see 80 qualified players on the greatest course in the US over three days!! ...but you only end up seeing the 16 guys that made it past the first round. So either Matty O OR Guthrie, for example, they can't both advance in the same grouping.

This card would have been awesome to broadcast:

Chris Dickerson
Eagle McMahon
Nikko Locastro
Paul Ulibarri

...someday, but only people onsite will ever see it

I wonder how much was paid to each player to entice then to even come, since really only the final grouping has any real chance at coin, other than gas money. With so many top names, there had to be some $$ guaranteed whether the site states this or not.