• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Big Money Skins

This is a bold move actually. With most of the top players in attendance, if they are not wowed, the negative publicity could cause irreparable harm. I imagine some serious red carpet has been rolled out...

This is a bold move actually. With most of the top players in attendance, if they are not wowed, the negative publicity could cause irreparable harm. I imagine some serious red carpet has been rolled out...

I wonder how much was paid to each player to entice then to even come, since really only the final grouping has any real chance at coin, other than gas money. With so many top names, there had to be some $$ guaranteed whether the site states this or not.

Brodie said the players were paid to participate in last years' skins match.

Maybe today's qualifying round will eventually hit GKPro's free channel even if the finals don't.

ALSO- check these rules - I missed it if they've been covered already:
Players will play 18 Holes using the McGressive Scoring System. Unlike traditional scoring methods, where the aim is to have the lowest score, under McGressive, the objective is to have the highest score.

Points are awarded for Albatrosses = 15, Eagles = 9, Birdies = 4, Pars = 1, with no deduction for Bogies or worse. Totals are added after 18 Holes and evaluated for seeding.

Any ties for the last seed(s) will go to a Sudden Death playoff on holes 10, 16, 17, 18.

Looks like these rules go until the top 16, where then on it reads like regular skins rules.

https://www.bigmoneyskins.com/schedule/

Last edited:
It's called SPENDING money, but you can give away yours if you like. They advertised a product that I, not you, want. You don't have to do squat at all here except make snide comments apparently.

This is essentially false advertising - see 80 qualified players on the greatest course in the US over three days!! ...but you only end up seeing the 16 guys that made it past the first round. So either Matty O OR Guthrie, for example, they can't both advance in the same grouping.

We make assumptions that people actually mean what they say (i.e., the website).

If I wanted to watch this event, I would have expected all days to have been broadcast as well.

This card would have been awesome to broadcast:

Chris Dickerson
Eagle McMahon
Nikko Locastro
Paul Ulibarri

...someday, but only people onsite will ever see it

What would we have seen first?

A Nikko toddler-tantrum, or an Eagle ground punch?

:D

That website is not good.

Seeding round is today for up to 96 players. Apparently the top 48 seeds then play tier 1 starting at 8am on Saturday.
Tier 2 is non-seeded but prequalified players
Tier 3 is bottom half of the Friday seeds apparently.

I guess all tiers start at the same time in shotgun format? The second round top 16 play at 2 pm. And then top 4 on Sunday at 11 am.

Going from 96 to 16 after round 1 is a pretty significant cut.

Looking at it again, the tiers are for the seeding round today. Only 48 players start tomorrow morning at 8 am.

Looking at the scoring distribution relative to Gold par for 1050-rated players, we can get an idea of where the points will come from.

attachment.php

Attachments

• BMS.png
    BMS.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 127
With the funky scoring they are using today, a bad kick or two can end up with a card of Max Regitnig, John Carpenter, Will Gilmore and Adam Seay instead of Ricky, GG, Sexton, etc. The format pushes you to go for the high-risk shot since bogeys aren't penalized.

For as much as they've hyped this thing all year long on Skins...I'm not sure they could have possibly done a worse job of explaining what was going to happen. Initially it sounded like "the only way to get to this big money thing is to win GK Pro Skins", then a bunch of other people, then multi-days, then a different scoring system, and on and on.

For having an entire website dedicated to the event, I can't even see on the actual site where it says "here are the seeds, here's what round 1 does, round 2, round 3, etc".

Wait I think I figured out part of it. It's 2 websites. Their promotions want you to go to livediscgolf.net to watch it...and there's a link there "about big money skins" that doesn't really tell you about the event. If you go to bigmoneyskins.com, then you can see some stuff about the event, buy in-person tickets, etc. The weird part is that livediscgolf.net appears to be ONLY for big money skins, no other content...so why 2 websites in the first place?

And of course if I click on buying the PPV, it just tells me it won't be available for free after, but doesn't actually let me buy the PPV (I presume because it isn't live yet). They're really making sure the only people who buy the PPV REALLY wanna see it...because it's not nearly as nicely packaged and available as it easily could be.

Additional info as I read, in case it helps anyone else. On Friday, there are up to 96 THROWERS (people playing). If you won a skins match you don't even HAVE to play Friday, or if you were a "specially invited victor" you also don't have to play. Playing means you can get a higher seed though. So anyone who was specially invited as a victor or won a GK Pro skins match is automatically getting a top 48 seed and advancing to Saturday...they just will probably also play Friday with no risk in order to secure a higher seed.

Saturday, the 48 players will be in 12 4-somes, winner of each using the same McGressive scoring advances, plus the next 4 highest non-winning scores advance to Saturday afternoon.

Saturday afternoon, the 16 players will be in 4 4-somes, playing skins matches. Most skins advances to Sunday from each group. It's not a snake-draft type system of assigning groups either (typically I'd think 1, 8, 9, 16...instead it's 1, 14, 15, 16). The seeds seem VERY important, top seed gets to play the lowest 3 seeds on their card.

Sunday is 4 person skins. And the winner gets a minimum of $50,000 based on their entire EVENT earnings, not earnings from that round, or an additional $50,000 for winning...they'll just top you up to $50,000 from your entire event earnings to that point.

Also on Sunday they're renumbering the holes to play them in a different order...

Additional info as I read, in case it helps anyone else. On Friday, there are up to 96 THROWERS (people playing). If you won a skins match you don't even HAVE to play Friday, or if you were a "specially invited victor" you also don't have to play. Playing means you can get a higher seed though. So anyone who was specially invited as a victor or won a GK Pro skins match is automatically getting a top 48 seed and advancing to Saturday...they just will probably also play Friday with no risk in order to secure a higher seed.

Saturday, the 48 players will be in 12 4-somes, winner of each using the same McGressive scoring advances, plus the next 4 highest non-winning scores advance to Saturday afternoon.

Saturday afternoon, the 16 players will be in 4 4-somes, playing skins matches. Most skins advances to Sunday from each group. It's not a snake-draft type system of assigning groups either (typically I'd think 1, 8, 9, 16...instead it's 1, 14, 15, 16). The seeds seem VERY important, top seed gets to play the lowest 3 seeds on their card.

Sunday is 4 person skins. And the winner gets a minimum of $50,000 based on their entire EVENT earnings, not earnings from that round, or an additional $50,000 for winning...they'll just top you up to $50,000 from your entire event earnings to that point.

Also on Sunday they're renumbering the holes to play them in a different order...

it takes some effort to sort through it to figure out what they are actually doing, that's for sure.

Anyone know where results are being reported? Its 3pm, cards have been going off all day, gotta assume virtually everyone is done... What is happening out there?

Anyone know where results are being reported? Its 3pm, cards have been going off all day, gotta assume virtually everyone is done... What is happening out there?
The St. Louis facebook group has declared it a boondoggle. Nobody seems to know what is going on. The scoring system they are using can't really be recorded normally so no results are being posted. The Eagles Crossing social sites are silent.

What is getting out is that the layout is mostly using white tees with some blues and possibly even one red tee. They are trying to mix in more Eagle opportunities to encourage the "go for it" thing they seem to be pushing here.

But so far as who is shooting well and what is actually going on today? No one seems to know.

The best thing on the St. Louis page about the event right now is "The Gateway Equation: negative x negative = positive".