• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Black DX rocs

I dont know, but i just lost one last week.

Black seems to be "in" right now with multiple companies. I've got me a black 175 SOLF I'm sure to lose next.

They had a few at our Ice Bowl this year so my brother and I each picked one up. I don't think I've seen a black one with the factory stamp but that doesn't mean they aren't out there.

I would like to find a black dx roc. I love my black wizard and a black roc would add a little style to my bag.

The only problem with having a black roc is there are some shots I don't want to throw it for fear of getting lost. I've lost at least 4 black wizards already.

Black discs get lost very easily, and black absorbs heat energy from sunlight -> it's über soft on sunny days, and quite stiff in winter & cloudy summer days.

Black discs suck :)

I only play with two black discs. A Wizard and a Warlock. I also keep white versions of both if I ever want to drive with them.

tumpsi said:
Black discs get lost very easily, and black absorbs heat energy from sunlight -> it's über soft on sunny days, and quite stiff in winter & cloudy summer days.

Well send them my way then. :lol:

bcsst26 said:
tumpsi said:

Well send them my way then. :lol:
I use only white plastic, so I can't help you :) I had black Star Beast tho, it was a pig, and the mold sucks anyway, so I traded it.

Black discs are gangster if you can keep from losing them.

Eric O said:
They had a few at our Ice Bowl this year so my brother and I each picked one up. I don't think I've seen a black one with the factory stamp but that doesn't mean they aren't out there.

Mine was a factory stamp 175 DX Roc.

They make them. I've got a black with gold stamp 175 DX Rancho Roc with the standard stamp in my bag right now. Disc Golf Center had three or four of them about three months ago when I bought mine. I don't think black discs are that much more difficult to find than other discs UNLESS you're playing in low light conditions.

Barbikes said:
I don't think black discs are that much more difficult to find than other discs UNLESS you're playing in low light conditions.
my missing black discs disagree

Well I'd love to track down a black Soft Mag, and if it had a tourney stamp, oh, that would be sweet. But as to black being harder to find, well they are for me, I walk right by them. Purple too, don't think my sight is bad, I just find the darker discs harder to find, just keep them in the fairway folks. And really, anybody have a black tourney stamped Soft Mag...or maybe a Pro D Buzzz...