• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Blizzard Boss Damaged in Mail?

bcass22

I just received in the mail my Innova Blizzard Champion Boss disc that I ordered a week ago. Before I call them up to complain about my disc being damaged in the mail I just wanted make sure I'm not wrong.

I've looked around the internet at pictures of Blizzard Bosses and search a bunch of forum posts but have not found anyone mentioning the top of their boss bubbling inward/downward. The indent is not perfectly centered or even, so that supports my concern that it's been damaged.

I attached some pictures so you can see the indent I'm talking about.

Is this how the disc is suppose to be?

Attachments

• IMG_1085.jpg
    IMG_1085.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_1086.jpg
    IMG_1086.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_1087.jpg
    IMG_1087.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 117
I accidentally did exactly that to one of mine by setting my bag on a blizzard boss, I left it sitting flat for a couple days and it went back to normal. Might be worth giving it a little time to see if it goes back on it's own before you go through the trouble of mailing it back and getting a replacement.

that is called puddle top. In this instance it is most likely from shipping... probably the packaging pushing the dome in during the transit and hot summer days.

If they refuse to exchange it, you can try pouring boiling water in it upside-down and leaving it to cool to room temperature on your countertop. This can be safely done twice, any more don't have much effect.

Yeah, my boss arrived like that and fixed itself within a few hours. I would give it until tomorrow.

My Opto Diamond did this. The corner of my bag got on it when it shifted in the trunk. I left it on my work bench in the Garage, "because I was pissed" flight plate up for a couple of days, gets pretty warm in there. To my good fortune it is fine now.

TORCHES AND PITCHFORKS!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the tips/info/advice/ect....

I'll wait a day or two to see if it pops back up before I give them a call. I'd really rather not wait another week for the disc if I have to return it so maybe I'll see if they'll let me try the boiling water thing and still take it back if it doesn't go back to the correct shape.

Thanks!

While we're on the subject, for those of you shipping Blizzard discs in any type of "soft" packaging (essentially anything that isn't an actual box), put some extra protection around them suckers. If you're shipping one with a non-Blizzard disc, package them so the Blizzard disc's flight plate isn't up against the envelope and is better protected. Some stuffing under the flight plate might help too.

Blizzard discs have very soft flight plates. As someone that's has handleded thousands of blizzard plastic I have seen a good amount of warps. Just a little bit of pressure on the plate will give you a warp. We get them from Innova like that, and they generally fix them selves with heat or being left out for a couple days.

Your issues looks like it was probably wedge next to some other package, most likely from the mailman wedging it somewhere along the line. I can tell you no retailer would mail you a blizzard disc with a warp like that. There are probably 2-3 blizzard discs in each case that we deem not fit for sale. Retailers are well aware of the complications blizzard plastic produces with providing a quality product

Leave it on the dash of your car (parked in the sun with the windows up) for a few hours on Thursday.
See if that fixes it.

You mean a blizzard envelope?
i-see-what-you-did-there_o_303481.jpg

i had 3 like that and i simply twirled it on my finger while i watched tv for maybe 10 minutes and it was fine