• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Blizzard Technology

I really think they level of disc making has tapered off. Most stuff now seems to be gimmicky. It is still a money game no matter what the dg companies say.

I've never heard of companies tring to make money!

Just picked up 150g Boss, 150g Destroyer, and a 150g Wraith for the Am players at our monthly.

Why would you want them to sink?

I was going to respond to his comment.. but there's really no point. I'm amazed at the amount of either stupidity, or pure trolling on these forums. It's getting sad.

And to everyone saying Blizz/MVP stuff is gimmicky.. No. The dimples that Quest put on some of their discs.. that's gimmicky. Blizz/MVP is innovation.

My average drives were about 375' capping at around 400' at the end of last year, playing in the MN snow/slop this winter has dulled them down but better than staying inside all winter. A friend of mine has a star wraith that I liked as it flew quite overstable, I like the champion plastic feel better and got one of my own and that thing just turns forever and its not even all that broken in yet. All I use it for now are longer turning drives, release it flat and it stays flat but after about 50'-100' it starts to turn right and won't pull itself out of it unless I have quite a bit of air under it. Tried the same shot I use my wraith for on the local course(right after I threw mine actually) with that blizzard one and that thing slammed onto its side faster than a stingray does. :/

Ok, I'm probably not throwing them that far on average. I actually haven't aired them out much for max distance. The few max distance required holes I've played with them are all down hill, and were slightly into the wind when I played. The two Wraiths I have turned quite a bit, but still tried to fight back at the end. They both ended up in the 400ish range on 460'+ holes. Gonna play a hole today that is 575+ feet, and usually plays with the wind. Looking forward to trying them on that hole!

I did have one throw the other day that was a 300' S/Flex shot in a tight fairway. I usually can't get a midrange into gimmie range and since my partner made a decent shot, I tried to flex one of my Wraiths around to the basket, but ended up bombing it about 350' or more on a big flex shot.

I was going to respond to his comment.. but there's really no point. I'm amazed at the amount of either stupidity, or pure trolling on these forums. It's getting sad.

And to everyone saying Blizz/MVP stuff is gimmicky.. No. The dimples that Quest put on some of their discs.. that's gimmicky. Blizz/MVP is innovation.

If Quest had been accepted as serious a serious disc maker, you'd be calling those dimples "innovative" too.

If Quest had been accepted as serious a serious disc maker, you'd be calling those dimples "innovative" too.

Your playing the age old roll of the curmudgeon who balks at new stuff. Feel free but just know it's what you are doing, and what people have always done. Blizzard discs fly differently and if you disagree you either haven't thrown them hard enough or seen them thrown hard enough. They visibly fly differently.

My brother got a 145 bliz ape in the mail. I wonder how much this disc will fight wind vs the boss

pic of Blizzard Teedevil

Blizzard Teedevil 150g factory 2econd from the Innova store.

Attachments

• photo(8).jpg
    photo(8).jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 96
I was throwing a new Blizzard Boss, around 156g, yesterday, trying to get a feel for it. It was windy in the field where I was throwing, and the disc got away from me and flipped over hard towards the sidewalk on its way to becoming a badly thrown roller. I didn't see the pedestrians on the other side of the shrubbery until about a second before it hit the sidewalk right behind them and bounced into them. :doh: I called "watch out!" and they covered their heads, but I got yelled at by another disc golfer. Well more like screamed at by a big scary disc golfer. Dude sounded like he was roid raging and hungry to pound my face in. The pedestrians were unhurt and polite to me, and gave me my disc back as I apologized, but damn, that was about as embarassed as I've been in a long time. :(

Lesson learned: don't throw unfamiliar discs into a headwind when there are pedestrians around.

Fact about the disc: it's FAR less stable than a new 170ish Star Boss, but wow, does it leave the hand in a hurry!

I just got two 150g Blizzard Katanas and a 133g Blizzard Destroyer. I threw one of the Katanas a few times at about 60% power (because the field by my house is only 300' and there are houses everywhere) all I have to say is HOLY $H!T. I can't wait to throw them on the course tomorrow they bomb BIG TIME. First throw went damn near 300' and I thought I was going to hit a car in the road (thankfully I didn't throw full power) I bet I am going to get some massive D out of these things.

I wish I could have found a lighter Katana. 150g was the lowest weight they had left. If anyone has a lighter one they would like to trade for a 150g let me know.

I have a 134 Katana and a 139 Wraith and they both are insane. The katana flies forever... i was getting 50 feet farther. The Wraith almost as far. I can now get over 400 feet no problem. I did get a little bit of grip lock with the wide rim of the Katana however the Wraith is one of my main drivers and i had no grip lock problems. I might have to bench my gummy 150 ce valk. :D

Just got my 2 blizzard Destroyers from GGGT today:
150g- bubbles on rim, none of flightplate, pretty flat.
155g- bubbles all over, domey as a hubcap.
Wonder how these will fly?

side view of said blizzards:
Golfdiscs059.jpg
[/IMG]

Alrighty everybody I got my hands on 4 blizzard bosses that I got specifically for a distance competition just to see what kinds of distances I could get out of them. I generally throw bosses for distance shots as it is so this was an easy choice for me here. I have a light blue, light pink, light green and an orange. All of them are in the high 130's (I just went as light as I could just for fun). I can usually get a boss up to the 500 range so I wanted to see what I could do. I have been getting about 30 feet more distance when thrown side by side with my normal (star and champ) bosses.
They all have a moderate dome on them and all have bubbles everywhere. For stability wise they all flip over like a beaten in boss will and they will hold an anhyzer for a dam long time. For me the light pink, light blue and light green were all the usually flippier beaten in boss while the orange was the most stable. With that being said it was the farthest flying for me.
When I throw these bosses I give them a lot of height and let them flip and anyhyzer til about 20 feet off the ground then finally get stable and fade out.
I love these discs, you should get some.

I just got two 150g Blizzard Katanas and a 133g Blizzard Destroyer. I threw one of the Katanas a few times at about 60% power (because the field by my house is only 300' and there are houses everywhere) all I have to say is HOLY $H!T. I can't wait to throw them on the course tomorrow they bomb BIG TIME. First throw went damn near 300' and I thought I was going to hit a car in the road (thankfully I didn't throw full power) I bet I am going to get some massive D out of these things.

I wish I could have found a lighter Katana. 150g was the lowest weight they had left. If anyone has a lighter one they would like to trade for a 150g let me know.

I love reading reviews when someone says holy $hit..:) On a side note, I would stay with the 150g. :hfive: