• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Blizzard Technology

I wouldnt believe any of the hype if I hadnt seen it for myself today, I got a 145 Wraith and that thing was easily going about 50 ft farther than my normal distance, I have never had much success with discs above speed 10 but I was able to really snap this wraith and there was much less fatigue after a round, i guess i should try some more featherweight discs...

I've tried wraiths, bosses, and destroyers. I'm not very impressed with the results. About the same distance as with their no blizzard counterparts. Only going to keep 1 wraith for tail winds, the rest are probably going in the MP.

So far the main thing that pleases me about them is I can throw them at around 50-60% and get the same results as I would throwing another disc around 90%

Once I figure out how to throw them around 90% it is game ****ing over. :| :).

I am a Blizzard convert. I've gained over 50 feet on my distance throws, and I find them nearly as accurate. Only strong headwinds (>20 mph) make them unpredictable and/or useless.

Boss 135 and 151--I use these for max distance on straight to fade and some flex shots.

Wraith 136--Super flex shots in tail winds and long anhyzers. Also a great disc for max possible distance when you have a stand still shot or aren't able to get a full throw due to obstacles, stance, etc.

Destroyers 135, 150, 161--The most accurate on straight shots. Good for big flat to fade hyzers. Holds an anhyzer well into a moderate headwind.

Katana 134--Haven't really found a use for this yet. Just turn and burns for me. Although I got it for my wife and I haven't thrown it much. She hasn't thrown it yet at all.

Yea I have also found that they don't add that much distance to my shot but some of the other people that I go with that can't throw nearly as far as me are loving them because they are getting more distance out of them so for them it works well.

I can't get more distance out of them than a 168ish pro vulcan. But I can see how people who haven't try the pro vulcan might be impressed by them. BTW, the pro vulcan is like a totally different disc then the star.

I may move on to a Katana. I have a 139 Boss and it finishes pretty stable still. I can still throw my GL Bolt further. I'm always game to try though.

I've really been kinda cut off from the online dg world over the winter, but I have to say I'm kinda excite to try one of these. I've been hitting stupid distances without much practice over the winter, I'm curious now...

I can't get more distance out of them than a 168ish pro vulcan. But I can see how people who haven't try the pro vulcan might be impressed by them. BTW, the pro vulcan is like a totally different disc then the star.

pro vulcans are smashers! so are the stars when newer, the vulcan in general is a good mold for distance if youre not a super powerhouse thrower. i can only get these blizzards as far as i can get my vulcans, but im thinking they wont be as effected by the wind so one might make the bag

Just went and threw my new blizzard destroyer 150g. And WOW. I really need to work on my form. It seems that if try and put any amount of flick on this thing I flip it over big time.

I'm rhfh and the only good throw I got with it was thrown with maybe 20% usual effort for 300 feet. To contrast that I was throwing my 172 champion Boss about 375 today, max out at about 425 on any given day.

It's just feels weird putting in such little flick to get that thing to fly right. I have a 140 boss on the way. My hope is that with the two of those and some practice I can improve my form all the way around. There is a lot of potential, but it will take some work.

I need to re-play that course bad. I was f'ing horrible last time.

Yeah, I'd say I was in the 415-425 range tonight, definitely my longest throw ever by a good bit. 150 wraiths are easy to get cruisin'.

And FWIW i'd say my average max d is in the 370 range, lots of people on this forum can account for either higher or lower than that for me :D.....

seriously the streakiest player ever. lol. owell.

Nice! I remember four, it was the last hole I played with Pat because we started on 5 I guess. I threw a pretty decent drive and had a look but did not succeed.

I can't wait to throw it with pads, might try to make it up to Charlotte in the coming months, I expect free room and board and unlimited DG rounds. :|

or something like that :D..

Lulz. Lucky bastard :|.

Countdown 'til Connorelocation '12.

Coming to a Charlotte near you September '12.

BOOM.