• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bowling Green Intermediate course help

Hello, I'm signed up to play Bowling Green Ams this year, in the intermediate division. I have not played any of the courses before, could anyone give me a lay of the land to know what to expect. Miller, Hobson, SCKCTCS, Phil Moore are the courses. Thanks.

Hobson is my favorite course.. 9 heavy woods & 9 light woods. Hit your lines and you can score well. Score low 50's to be in the hunt. 49 or 50 is normally the hot round. Beware of hole 2!! Practice this hole...
SCKCTCS.... is a long tight mostly wooded course... Play smart to score well. the woods will punish your score if you get off the fairway. Score of 58-60 keeps you in the hunt..
Phil Moore... Open bomber course with a couple of shorter birdie holes. Get the birdies on the shorter holes and make your pars on the long holes to score well. Practice playing in heavy wind in an open field to get the long hole pars. 56-59 will be the big guns score. If you throw 320-340 you can get off the course with a 59-61 if you get some of the short holes. Practice only the holes that you can reach off the tee to save your arm for the big show!!!
Miller....birdie feast... You must score well here! Tight woods that you need a forhand and backhand off the tee. "My tip". When on the tee box.. Look up, down left and right to find the best path to the basket. 50% of the time the best route is not down the fairway.... Thumpers, tomahawks, anny forhand & baskhand, pancake, rollers (forhand and backhand) 44-46 keeps you in the top cards.

Thanks Cyoda44 for the info!

I too am looking to play BG Ams for the first time this year in the Intermediate division. However, I am on the waitlist and may not get in. Either way I am looking to make a trip down there beforehand to try out the courses.

I'm just now starting my research for local clubs/ league nights. I will report back my findings for others interested. If anyone is a course guide for any of these courses and would be available to play during the week, I would love to have the local perspective and some people to play with! I may make a last minute decision and come down as early as tomorrow 3/22! As rain is in the forecast for the next 15 days after 3/23 =(

Update, there's no doubles that I could find. If you're trying to find people to play with, I recommend posting in their Facebook group page: Bowling Green Disc Golf.

Latest posts