• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bracketts Bluff

Bumping. Yes, this fun course is indeed still open (not extinct); apparently the "dispute" with the conservation people has been "resolved." David told me that the conservation group did NOT want the traffic that the Worlds' Championship would bring, so it is considered private as usual. Sadly, I cannot review this course, update it, or report my scorecard (which contains an ace on hole #5). BTW, their pro shop is still open as well. Pictures need to be updated as the course has taken on several improvements and the hole #7 tee has changed. Also, has no one reviewed the night course (which IS different)??? Night DG still occurs on Wednesdays, including the trampoline hole.

I'm glad to hear the course is still in operation - just may need to limit traffic. Shows you the power of this site. Flyboy couldn't keep up with the demand being posted and reviewed on DGCR created, and ended up going the same route as Brackett's. I bet there are times that Bill regrets having Flip on the site as well. Courses that can't sustain lots of traffic simply need to stay underground.

What's this mean to you? Think long and hard before posting a "new" private course on this site - you may actually be posting its obituary. :\

Josh Brackett told me friday there was a very small chance that the course will stay. This weekend may be the last. Its all up to one guy who hates disc golfers

Josh Brackett told me friday there was a very small chance that the course will stay. This weekend may be the last. Its all up to one guy who hates disc golfers

damn. i need to make sure i play there at least one more time. and bring my camera. *fingers crossed some magic happens*

Well part of the course is still on his land so therewill always be a course there. however from the rock hole to 18 is on conservancy land. so 11-18 as we know it as well as 4,5, and long 7 will likely be gone

Well part of the course is still on his land so therewill always be a course there. however from the rock hole to 18 is on conservancy land. so 11-18 as we know it as well as 4,5, and long 7 will likely be gone

That's the best part of the course. ****ing weak.

Back in business

I just wanted to update this thread as well. I saw the video posted above, but wanted to let you guys know that we are in fact back open. We had to redesign a number of holes. To be honest the course is a bit shorter as we lost a lot of the longer holes with the land conservancy, but the new course so far has generated a lot of good reviews for being a nice technical course. So for those of you who never got the chance to come out and play, you can put us back on your wish list. As always, hope to see you out there!

Glad I got a chance to play it a few years ago before they had to vacate that land. Holes 11 and 13 from that layout will remain in my top 10 favorite holes.

Yeah, i really enjoyed the course in its new layout. Having said that i don't really know what i am missing with the old holes.

There were unconfirmed rumors that there would be a "membership" fee of sorts? Like $50 a year? Is this correct? If not, what is the proper "donation" for a round?

Yeah, i really enjoyed the course in its new layout. Having said that i don't really know what i am missing with the old holes.

Same here. I went and played a week ago they didn't ask for donations. Wish I would have known they need them I would have gave a couple bux!

Same here. I went and played a week ago they didn't ask for donations. Wish I would have known they need them I would have gave a couple bux!

I thought there was a donation box on hole #2 just for this purpose?:confused:

I didn't see one there may have been one there. I talked to Dave and said thanks for having the course to play. He said get out there and do it.

Memberships

So to answer the membership question.. Yes there is a membership of $50 per year. It was put in place for a number of reasons, but obviously to help with course upkeep and as a secondary yet perhaps more important reason, was to help keep undesirable players away. Basically we would rather have 100 down to earth folks that just love disc golf come out than 1000 jerks that disrespect my pop's private land. However, obviously someone may not always be there when you arrive and want a membership so yes there is a donation box. It is on hole 2 tee pad (old hole 1 for those that don't know the new layout).

Latest posts