• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bradley Williams Suspended

Given what we know, was the PDGA suspension of Bradley Williams correct?

• Yes, and the amount of time was correct.

Votes: 122 51.5%
  • Yes, but the amount of time was not correct.

Votes: 69 29.1%
  • No, the process was flawed.

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • No, Bradley Williams should not have been suspended at all.

Votes: 16 6.8%

• Total voters
Is there a short version of this thread anywhere?

Bradley Williams got suspended.

J244qJr.gif

That's, frankly, a pretty dismissive statement. You're clearly out of touch with the more casual groups. The majority of our members are not PDGA. They're just really casual players that go to our minis, and play out tournaments, but don't do many other events. They occasionally play an ace race or trilogy challenge, but they really don't do a lot of organized events.

We're running our first c tier in a few weeks, and we have a lot less signed up than what we've had at this point in our other tournaments. A lot are not signing up because of the non PDGA fee. And since we're not known in the area, we're really not drawing in many other players from the area. DD scheduled a tournament an hour away on the same day a bit after we got everything finalized, so that's likely part of it as well.
But if we don't get much local support from the group, we may not run another sanctioned event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The state coordinator has authority to make sanctioned events be a certain distance apart.

The state coordinator has authority to make sanctioned events be a certain distance apart.

I can't recall, but I think the rule is 25 miles on C-tiers.

Though my state coordinator is very good about trying to nudge events into scheduling with as little conflict as possible, even cross-checking with neighboring state coordinators.

When contemplating sanctioning, it's one of the advantages. And one of the reasons our upcoming team play tournament is an XC-tier, even though there will be no player ratings.

I'm not sure what happened there, maybe Trophy Club and Keene are far enough apart to not matter, we're right on the line for the minimum distances looking at the PDGA page. I didn't see anything anywhere I looked about that event when I contacted the state coordinator, so I thought we were pretty safe being on a Sunday. I didn't check DD's page, so it could have been posted there, but it wasn't on PDGA or dgscene at that point. We're locked down on the date at this point with the golf course we're using and the University's course. We're an Am only event, so it may honestly not effect us much.

We've just got a lot getting hit with the non PDGA fee and not registering, or at the very least hesitating. So I can see why some font sanction events. We'll keep our spring tourney Unsanctioned likely, and we'll see about the next fall.

You might want to look that one up. You will be quite surprised. As SC I push for distances greater than the PDGA minimums if possible. (See distance between two C-tiers).

You're right. I hadn't looked at it in a while. As I said, our SC works hard to try to schedule where there are few conflicts, statewide (in our little state).

You know what's even easier? Not giving a flying funk about yet another alphabet soup tour.

Prior to this recent fiasco, I'd wager a ham sandwich that a majority of serious disc golfers would have said "say what now?" when asked about DGPT.

You'd a lost that sammich if I got asked. Even I knew about the DGPT and my knowledge of this year's pro scene is limited to Paul wearing bright red pants that one time and JohnE counting like an ass when Paul went to the bathroom. :\

I even know about that other tour thingy started by that Finnish guy, Jussi Maakakakaklalakakaattanenn or something like that.

You'd a lost that sammich if I got asked. Even I knew about the DGPT and my knowledge of this year's pro scene is limited to Paul wearing bright red pants that one time and JohnE counting like an ass when Paul went to the bathroom. :\

I even know about that other tour thingy started by that Finnish guy, Jussi Maakakakaklalakakaattanenn or something like that.

Hey, we know the same things!
And now I want a sandwich.

Mekkalekkahi, didn't he play LW for the Ducks back in the day?