• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bradley Williams Suspended

Given what we know, was the PDGA suspension of Bradley Williams correct?

• Yes, and the amount of time was correct.

Votes: 122 51.5%
  • Yes, but the amount of time was not correct.

Votes: 69 29.1%
  • No, the process was flawed.

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • No, Bradley Williams should not have been suspended at all.

Votes: 16 6.8%

• Total voters
I think the NFL needs to stop stepping in for "off the field" antics

Get away from that. The NFL Players and their union knowingly, willingly, and with intent negotiated into their most recent Collective Bargaining Agreement the ability of the commissioner to discipline players for certain off-the-field conducts -- in exchange for money and benefits for the players. That's a wholly different ball game.

I know my 2 cents don't mean anything but 18 months seems very harsh. I have followed BW at the Hambrick a couple of rounds and he seems nothing out of the ordinary. Maybe he can appeal.
What you are failing to understand here is when on probation, the idea is this, keep yourself clean until the probation is over, OR you risk being punished for BOTH the act that landed you on probation AND the new act of disturbance you created. I'd break it down this way. 1. He's a PRO, which means the PDGA will hold him to a MUCH MUCH MUCH higher standard of etiquette and play than the rest of us who ware commenting on this. 2. His probation was a GIFT, which he chose to squander away. This brings the action of punishment 2 fold. The PDGA probably suspended him 6mo for first act (super unprofessional, and could have affected the rest of the field if the basket was damaged or had to be changed). 12 months for the physical altercation. Had he kept his nose clean for the rest of the probation for the first offense, and then done this act, I am guessing it would have been much less than the 18 months

Still though I only got a 5 game suspension in high school for a studs up slide tackle from behind and then grabbing the card out of the refs hand and cussing him out.
That's because you are/were a child, He is a PROFESSIONAL. He should be looked up to, revered and rightly so, held to a higher degree of etiquette and sportsmanship. If you cant understand this, you still have a child's mind.

That's because you are/were a child, He is a PROFESSIONAL. He should be looked up to, revered and rightly so, held to a higher degree of etiquette and sportsmanship. If you cant understand this, you still have a child's mind.

Parents should be role models, not athletes.

BW's gonna hate this

tumblr_nqqp1yExuK1tlb56zo1_500.gif

Parents should be role models, not athletes.
Correct they should be, but professional athletes are also models for sportsmanship, values and other ideals. Sorry if you cant realize this or care to acknowledge it, it is a fact. Professionals have more than just children to behave for. They have sponsors, and the integrity of the sport to represent. Again, Barkley may feel that way, but unfortunately its not how it works.

Correct they should be, but professional athletes are also models for sportsmanship, values and other ideals. Sorry if you cant realize this or care to acknowledge it, it is a fact. Professionals have more than just children to behave for. They have sponsors, and the integrity of the sport to represent. Again, Barkley may feel that way, but unfortunately its not how it works.
For the integrity of semi-professionally throwing frisbees. :\

Does anyone know why Bratley was suspended? It may not be any of my business but I was curious. I thought PDGA would have sent me an email with an update but I haven't seen anything yet.

I guess your kids have these professional players for role models:

Does anyone know why Bratley was suspended? It may not be any of my business but I was curious. I thought PDGA would have sent me an email with an update but I haven't seen anything yet.

Dammit you actually got me for about 5 seconds with that one. Well played sir.

This is the type of human that will be gracing your local courses if you want to grow the sport. I am throughly amused by all the people that want to grow the sport into this mainstream "sport" that attracts the worst kind of competitive doucher. But I guess that is just my misanthropic tendencies speaking.

Latest posts