• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bringing up an old post

machineman

new9.jpg

new5.jpg

new7.jpg

new6.jpg

The top basket with the tire chains is mine. Not a Marty Mcfly experiment. I used to post about 8 years ago on a few forums that I cant find anymore. I had an entire 18 hole course set up with these. They worked great They are easy to build and really cheap if you live in an area where there is snow in the winter. I built all of them for about $100 but I had a lot of the parts already. They also didnt last as long as I would like but I have some upgrades that should help. The main problem was I that I used staples to hold the lower basket together and they were too small to hold up to the abuse. So the baskets kept falling off.
All you need is a set of tire chains. I got most of mine from yard sales for cheap but they are all over craigslist for less than $30 a set. Then you need a 5' piece of pipe. I used electrical conduit. I made the top cross out of 1"x3" pine, but I would use 2"x4" pressure treated lumber now. Then you need some form of basket for the bottom. Mine were all 1"x1" screen on another pine cross. I will make a video of how to build one when I get the chance. I need to make a new one, I gave all the old ones away.
Anyways Its nice to see that the pictures are still around. Where did you get that photo?

You'll have to ask Prerube but I'm not sure he still logs on here. I guess he just used google image search.

Creating tone poles or buying targets like a DG Nomad would probably be even cheaper and less time comsuming.

Latest posts