• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brockness ITB

I think ( sure ) the purple one is the PIG, it has a tumbtrack
Yes, you're right, of course. ;-)

Looking at his last bag list, it then could be the P-MD3 ... his US mid.

Bag:

Distance Drivers:
171 Pro Wraith - Max D
175 Champ Wraith - Windfighting Max D

Fairway Drivers:
170 Pro Teebird - Workhorse
175 MF Teebird - Windfighter
170 Champ Roadrunner - Uphills and turnovers
175 Luster Firebird - Utility

Mids:
177 MF MD4 - Windfighter
180 P-Line MD4 - Main Mid, Workhorse
174 P-Line MD3 - US Mid

Putters:
171 K3 Berg - Main Putter
173 K1 Berg - Flick Approaches
175 Pro Pig - Approaches/Flex Forehands/Driving Putter

Nice, what´s that red one in the top right corner?

No need for a US throwing putter or even mid?

. . .looking forward to seven straigth days of rain or snowy rain :( . . .not fun to throw in the cold and WET weather

Yes, you're right, of course. ;-)

Looking at his last bag list, it then could be the P-MD3 ... his US mid.

Yeah that's my P-MD3, once that first P-MD4 becomes US I will take the MD3 out

So the MD3 covers US mids, but I don't yet have an US putter. I just usually power down on the MD3 with a little anny, or throw a FH if it will cover the line.

Hmm i only have GLOW MD3/MD4 . . so the P-line MD3/MD4 can get to the flippy side? . . how long will that take and how long does it last?

I think i need to try a P-line MD4. . love my Glow MD4 but i have a big gap in stability down to my ESP Buzzz ( i only bag two mid moulds, Buzzz and MD4 )

I am not actually sure if the P-MD4 will start to turn before losing LSS, but the P-MD3 got crazy US in a hurry. I don't know how long it will last. I wasn't happy that the MD3 changed so quickly, but it seems to be staying at a constant right now.

Played a round yesterday

Bag:

Distance Drivers:
171 Pro Wraith - Max D
175 Champ Wraith - Windfighting Max D

Fairway Drivers:
170 Champ Roadrunner - Uphills and turnovers
175 Luster Firebird - Utility

Mids:
177 MF MD4 - Windfighter
174 P-Line MD3 - US Mid

Putters:

Overall: Despite a little extra field work recently I did not do so well. Shot a +13. Scrambling and putts were off, distance was not great. Still happy to be out though.

Distance: Wind was low, so I didn't need the Champ Wraith. I threw the Pro Wraith 3 times and only got 1 good flight out of it. Blaming that on being somewhat rusty.

Fairways: No FB needed, nor did I need the MF Teebird. The Pro Teebird was flying really well, just a little shorter on distance than I was getting back in November when I first got them. RR got a couple good tosses in, still not turning over as much as I want it too. Got a Black I-Blend Sphinx coming in soon to test in the RR position.

Mids: I am loving the P-Line MD4. It flies just like my C-MD3, but probably gets a little more distance. Chucked the P-MD3 once, might take it out soon.

Putters: Gotta build my spin putt back up, started falling short on my putts. Also, I kept overshooting my approaches. I just need to get dialed back in. Got a couple more K3 Bergs coming for some putting practice.

Thoughts: Just need more course time. Field Practice is good and all, but it doesn't make up for practice on the course. It still gets dark too quickly after work to get a game in, but I need to try harder to get to the course on the weekends.

If you're not happy with the MD3, I would suggest trying a Discraft Z Wasp (flat top ones are money).

If you're not happy with the MD3, I would suggest trying a Discraft Z Wasp (flat top ones are money).

Thank you for the suggestion, I appreciate it. Its just the P-Line MD3 that I'm not a fan of. It is great for situations with no wind, but that is very rare in this area. My P-Line MD4s are pretty amazing and should cover similar lines to the Wasp. I just had the P-MD3 in the bag for US duties until I could beat a P-MD4 in.

Was able to get out for some practice this weekend to finally try out the I Blend Sphinx and the DX Polecat that I picked up.

Polecat: Glides forever when powered down, but powered up seems to get nowhere fast. On full drives it goes about as far as my K1 Berg with a similar flight. I might try it out for outside circle putts, but I don't think it will add anything to the bag. Might keep it for warming up before tournaments also. It is fun to throw.

Sphinx: Plastic feels great and I love the flight. Gets about the same distance as my Champ RR, but is easier to turnover, and I assume it will beat in to a roller faster also. So yeah RR out, Sphinx in. I am curious about the Barby RRs, but people are saying they start off pretty stable.

So my bag will look like this on the next round.

Bag:

Distance Drivers:
171 Pro Wraith - Max D
175 Champ Wraith - Windfighting Max D, long Spike Hyzers and skip shots

Fairway Drivers:
171 I-Blend Sphinx - Uphills and turnovers
175 Luster Firebird - Utility (using this less and less)

Mids:
177 MF MD4 - Windfighter

Putters:

Taking out the P-MD3 in favor of shot shaping with the P-MD4. The P-MD4 seems to hold an anny for a good distance. Thinking of putting a Champ Mako3 in the bag for tunnels, but I currently rely on TBs and Pigs for that. If Innova decides to keep producing them in KC Pro I will start bagging my Marmoset stamped Mako3s, otherwise they will stay in my practice bag for form work. Still thinking of dropping the Firebird. I haven't thrown it at all during a round this year, but I also haven't played that often yet. Maybe I'll resort to the 6 month rule and see if I can go 6 months without throwing it.

Played 10 holes at CSUMB Cypress (my usual practice session while the wife is at yoga)

Bag:

Distance Drivers:
171 Pro Wraith - Max D
175 Champ Wraith - Windfighting Max D, long Spike Hyzers and skip shots

Fairway Drivers:
175 Luster Firebird - Utility (using this less and less)

Mids:
177 MF MD4 - Windfighter

Putters:
173 K1 Berg - Main approach

Winds were higher than normal which gave me a chance to really put the MF TB, MF MD4 and Champ Wraith to the test.

Putts were off. Kept putting too much juice into the putt because I was thinking that my spin putts were going to be weak and would need the extra oomph. Also, my aim was off. Looks like it is time for some putting practice. My pig was doing its job pretty well. It flipped once into a dead on headwind though, so I might need to add a freshy for windy days. Upshots with my K1 Berg were spot on, even tickling the chains once.

My P-MD4 is still pretty stable, need to knock some mustard out of it. The MF-MD4 did it's job well. It didn't turnover at all, but would ride the wind nice and straight with just a little dump at the very end.

I threw the Pro TB a couple times. Mostly when it was a side wind and I wanted a nice flat release. I did throw it into a headwind once on hyzer and got a beautiful slow flip to flat that rode forever. The MF Teebird is just a beefcake, no hint of turn at all with a hefty fade in the headwind. The Sphinx did very well in the tailwinds. Did not fair very well in cross winds, once it shows its top or bottom to the wind all hell breaks loose. Tried not to throw the Firebird......succeeded, but at a one stroke cost. I threw the Pig instead and that is when it turned over. So a new Pig might have prevented that loss of a stroke, but the Firebird would always be a sure thing.

Pro Wraith only got a couple throws. Same with the Champ, but it showed it's true colors as a great headwind distance disc.

Overall, happy with my bag. There are still a couple discs that I want to audition, but I am hoping to make that a slow process.

Went out for another 10 holes yesterday.

Bag:

Same, no changes.

Another high wind round with a storm blowing in off the bay. My Wraiths, champ for headwind pro for tailwind, performed very well. I actually pushed my distance out in both headwind and tailwind with the Wraiths. Putting was still off. I need practice, but everytime I get to the practice baskets I realize that all I want to do is play. Approaches were pretty good. Instead of gunning every approach, I backed off on the power and tried to keep the mindset that a little short is better than too far. Next I need to start trying to place the disc so that I am putting with a tailwind. Played a separate game alongside my main throws with only the Pro TB and the P-MD4 to try to knock some mustard off of them. No changes to the flight on either of them yet, which makes me feel really confident that P-MD4s are exactly what I want. Found an area that acted as kind of a wind tunnel and got some more wind testing in on some of my discs. MF TB turns just a little in high wind, Pro Pig got some nice S turns, MF MD4 stayed pretty straight, Champ Wraith had some really nice S turns, and the Firebird just wanted to go straight forever. Great practice, super happy my distance is still growing.

Hello everyone, it has been a while. I injured my shoulder 6 months ago, and I was able to play my first game this weekend.

Bag:

Distance Drivers:

Fairway Drivers:
175 Jen Allen Teebird - Windfighter
175 Alex G Firebird - Utility

Mids:
177 MF MD4 - Windfighter
180 Star Mako3 - Tunnels, shot shaping and long putts

Putters:

I took the Wraiths out because I didn't think I could handle them just yet. I also added a Star Mako3 for long putts and shot shaping.

Putting is off and so is accuracy, but I finished at a +9 which is pretty good. Feels good to throw again.

Found my old Thread, so I will continue here. In an effort to maintain the flight profile of my windy day discs and simplify disc selection for normal rounds, I have decided to create a "Wind Bag" that will contain my most stable discs.

Wind Bag:
175 Metal Flake Champ Teebird
177 MF C-Line MD4
175 Luster Champ Firebird
175 Champ Wraith

These discs will replace the more OS disc in my regular bag when the need arises. Bergs are generally unaffected by the wind and I should always have a freshy-ish Pig in the bag, so no need to have a spare disc for those slots. I have also decided to utilize a base plastic cycle in the OS slots until I can get an actual premium plastic cycle going. So the bag should now look like this.

Bag:

Distance Drivers:
171 Pro Wraith
175 DX Wraith - Max D

Fairway Drivers:
175 DX Teebird
170 Star Teebird
157 Champ Firebird - Utility

Mids:
177 P-Line MD3 - Less Stable, eventually replaced by beat MD4

Putters:

My goal/hope is to replace the Sphinx with a beat in Teebird, and replace the Mako3 with a beat to straight Pig for tunnels and a beat MD4 for shot shaping. I will most likely stray somewhere along the way, but I'm hoping I can stay focused on this. I will also be working on a 5-disc travel bag. I can use this bag to either to beat in a fresh disc for the main bag, or use a disc that I like a lot that has overlap in the main bag, ie: Mako3.

Need to get a couple rounds in this weekend. Had to do an 8 mile hike last weekend so I didn't feel up to it, but I feel like I'm going stir crazy.

9 holes at Spiders Web

Bag:

Distance Drivers:

Fairway Drivers:
- 170g Pro Teebird
- 170g I-Blend Sphinx

Midrange:
- 180g Star Mako3

Putters:
- 175g Pro Pig
- 173g K3 Berg

Trying out the travel bag setup. This round really showed that I need some fieldwork and time on a putting green. Disc selection was fine. The Pig and Teebird can handle a little wind, and the Sphinx and Mako3 were good for shaping shots. I couldn't turn the Sphinx over on a flat throw so it will work mostly as a straighter Teebird for now. Threw a couple unintentional sky shots. The only thing to be proud of with my putting game right now is that the snap I have on my spin putt is almost back to normal. Bad thing is I don't have the aim yet so I am having to make comebackers and three putts. I ordered an EV-7 Phi to tryout for one disc rounds, I also plan on trying out a K3 Hard Reko for the same slot. I also had an idea on my second post in this thread for a separate set of discs for a 5 disc bag. That could potentially look like this.

K3 Berg - Putter
K3 Reko - Tweener Putter/Mid
K3 Kaxe - Tweener Mid/Fairway
Pro Thundy - Tweener Fairway/Distance
Something US or just Stable....maybe a TL, Roadrunner or Mako3

Heading out to Utah tomorrow, Hoping to beat my travel discs up on some rocky courses.

9 holes at Springdale DGC

Bag:

Distance Drivers:

Fairway Drivers:
- 171g Star Teebird
- 170g I-Blend Sphinx

Midrange:
- 180g Champ Mako3

Putters:
- 174g OG Medium Phi

Course was in real bad shape, almost unplayable. Rocks are like sandpaper knives. All of my disc came out with gouges. New putter is ki da meh. I like the feel of the plastic, but jury is still out on the flight. Pretty good overall after hiking Angel's Landing

2 holes at Rim Rock DGC in Torrey Utah. Course is now unplayable as the land was purchased and has been bulldozed for development.

Bag:

Distance Drivers:

Fairway Drivers:
- 171g Star Teebird
- 170g I-Blend Sphinx

Midrange:
- 180g Champ Mako3

Putters:
- 174g OG Medium Phi

This is the second course in a row that is in poor shape. The owner of the bar expressed remorse for the loss as he kept the course up himself. He didnt even really play, but he liked thirsty disc golfers coming into the bar :p. The two holes that still exist are in interesting areas. One is on a hill about 50 feet from the highway, another is down in a gully that funnels your shot, but can easily carry you too far. They also have 2 baskets that are set up for putting practice, so I will probably practice a little with pint in hand this evening.

We came here to hike Capitol Reef National Park. Honestly, after Zion, we were not impressed. Signage for, and on, the trails was haphazard or missing altogether. Either way, that's one more National Park down.

9 holes x2 at Hill Park DGC.

Bag:

Distance Drivers:

Fairway Drivers:
175 DX Teebird

Mids:
180 C-Line MD3 - practice
180 C-Line MF MD4 - practice

Putters:

I was supposed to get field work in today, but the field was occupied. So I went to the local 9 hole and played twice. I took the Teebirds out on the second round because my mids are getting close to the same distance and i need to slow down and throw mids to work on my form. Dealing with some major OAT, trying to straighten that out as well. Parked a couple shots, got one birdie and kissed the chains on one 100ft-ish throw. Only improvement im seeing so far is less sky shots. Two step throws feel better than standstill, which I thinks means i need to start working on standstill. Still haven't touched FH or OH shots.

9 holes at Hill Park and some field practice.

Bag:

Distance Drivers:

Fairway Drivers:
175 DX Teebird
171 Star Teebird
170 Champ Teebird

Mids:
180 C-Line MD3 - practice
180 C-Line MF MD4 - practice

Putters:

4th play on this course and I'm starting to figure it out. Hole 8 is rough, with a low ceiling and 20 ft elevation gain starting after the trees. No path on the left and the right hand tree is a huge willow that i cannot hyzer around or over. Plays as a par 4 for me. Hole 9 has a very steep dropoff to the right, but plays as a perfect Teebird shot. Got my first look at birdie, but flubbed it on the putt. Hole 3 and 4 are the only left to right holes. Hole 4s rubber teepad was pulled up and set under a large tree.....I assume a homeless person did this as there are quite a few of them in this park.

Play was good. My Teebirds are showing a 30 ft-ish seperation in distance from my MD4s and my MD4s are starting to straighten out as my form starts to come back. I am finding less of a reason to carry the Mako3, so I am going to retire them to form practice duties only. I want to replace it with a floaty putter or turnover mid. Currently thinking Innova Dart or Kastaplast Svea. If anyone has any insight or suggestions they will be welcome. Next field practice and possibly round I am going to bring out my beat Pro Wraith and a freshy DX Wraith to see how those will fly for me now

18 holes at Pinto Lake.

Bag:

Distance Drivers:
Pro Wraith
DX Wraith - Max D

Fairway Drivers:
DX Teebird
Pro Teebird - Workhorse
Star Teebird
I-Blend Sphinx - Uphills and turnovers
Champ Firebird - Utility

Mids:
P-Line MD3 - Less Stable, eventually replaced by beat MD4
P-Line MD4 - Main Mid, Workhorse

Putters:
K3 Berg - Main Putter
K1 Ice Berg - Main approach
Pro Pig - Approaches/Flex Forehands/Driving Putter

Fantastic course, one of the courses from 2011 Worlds. Lots of people out today too.

Throwing was excellent. I haven't started keeping score yet, but I had plenty of birdie looks. Tested the Wraiths out in the open field holes, and it is flying true. Had a look at Eagle on hole 11. At 1005 ft, but i missed a 25 ft putt. Could not believe I was getting that distance, but apparently i getting to about 400 with a wraith and since hole 11 was downhill and wide open I was just forcing the Wraiths over for extra distance. Second shot looked parked, it would have been my second Eagle ever and it will probably be a while before I get that lucky again. So thanks to Covid workouts and stretching I am sitting at about 50 ft. shy of the distance i was throwing in 2012 without the accuracy and i seriously can't putt for **** right now. Alot of throwing this weekend so I will probably wait until next weekend to throw again, let everything heal up and do alot of stretching.