• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

So what happened to Brodie for R3? I don't see him on UDisc and he doesn't have a tee time on the PDGA site.

There's also a strong possibility he's succumbed to the 'Rona rather than it being his Lyme Disease. He was dry coughing a lot on a recent vlog.

If someone's taking doxycycline, there's not really enough sunblock in the world for the blazing summer Emporia sun. There's almost no cover from it on this course, and the medicine makes one particularly prone to sunburn.

Accurate!

The sunburn issue while taking doxy is no joke. I chose to do a 30-day course after developing some new Lyme symptoms a couple months ago, and just going outside for 45 minutes or so caused me to get insane sunburns on my hands, especially on my knuckles. It sucked. No question in my mind that in the midwestern summer sun for several hours, a person taking doxy would be in some serious trouble.

Just curious, what about it makes you more sensitive to the sun? I didn't know this, that sounds terrible.

Just curious, what about it makes you more sensitive to the sun? I didn't know this, that sounds terrible.

. . . These photosensitizers, or chromophores, possess a unique ability to absorb ultraviolet light at the particular wavelength spectrum found in sunlight or artificial sunlight (UVA and UVB). This ability, however, is not the problem. Instead the unique structural characteristics of these medications such as halogenated aromatic rings or alternating single and double bonds lead to the destabilization of their chemical structure and a transfer of energy that induces a buildup of damaging compounds in the skin.​
Why do certain drugs make the skin more sensitive to sun? - Scientific American 2001

Whelp the latest batch of get freaky zones sold out within two minutes. Don't know why people are going crazy over these in the secondary market but I have to admit it's pretty impressive.

Whelp the latest batch of get freaky zones sold out within two minutes. Don't know why people are going crazy over these in the secondary market but I have to admit it's pretty impressive.

What I don't get is why doesn't Foundation Disc Golf buy them all and sell them at $100 and cut out the middle man. Heck they could even sell than at $50. I would rather see Brodie and Paul make the money than some random people on ebay and facebook.

What I don't get is why doesn't Foundation Disc Golf buy them all and sell them at $100 and cut out the middle man. Heck they could even sell than at $50. I would rather see Brodie and Paul make the money than some random people on ebay and facebook.

Yeh. Lets make the rich richer

What I don't get is why doesn't Foundation Disc Golf buy them all and sell them at $100 and cut out the middle man.

I've seen / read both Brodie and Paul say they don't like the raised prices on the reseller market, they'd rather more people had them than collectors and scalpers, etc.

Some will be cynical and say they are lying when they say that, but I've seen Paul curtail some fan suggestions (and to a lesser extent some of Brodie's marketing brainstorms) erring on the side of the customer / not raising prices over MSRP. I've also seen Brody reply to fan suggestions with a "but how is that good for the customer" so I wouldn't see them jack up the price of a disc over MSRP anytime soon.

That implies Brodie, Paul, and Hunter are rich? I didn't know their net worth was known?
It also implies you'd rather have others jacking up prices and selling the discs for $100+ on eBay making the money...how do we know they are not rich? Generally it takes liquid money to speculative buy and resell at a higher price.

Yeah you already seeing the latest green gf not fetching the same amount of money as the others.

Were there more of them sold? I thought I'd read each color has subsequently had more available for purchase.

I'll never understand collectors of anything personally, what do you do with all the stuff you collect other than store it?

I do like Brodie's Get Freaky theme. Sort of a fun get out of danger, take a risk, try something new, go for it all mentality that is fun. After winning a Paige Pierce zone though not entirely sure I like the mold. Maybe they'll put the saying on some other disc.

lol..I seriously doubt Brodie is anywhere close to being rich. Paul obviously is very well off right now. But keep in mind, we're talking about a very, small, niche market, where the pie is small and the slices smaller.

no 'tude intended, my man. i didn't mean that stuff about you in particular, i've just known a few older guys that had an unfavorable opinion of the growth of the game and the bigger crowds and the changing rules & scenery... but sorry if i made it sound like i was putting that on you cuz that's clearly not you. i just think it's interesting how there are different views about how the game has changed and whether that's good or bad.

much thanks and respect to the guys like you out there. we wouldn't be where we are today without you.

that said, i dunno if i'd be taking credit for Shawnee! :D

i'll keep an eye out when i get back out to towne lake and AC. i'm all ears for any history lesson i can get. party favors on me!

You can't miss saylor - he's the guy putting from 30 feet with a small Innova bag still on that's full of 20-year-old discs and a cig hanging from his mouth so he has one eye squinting

:D:D:D

its all good my dudes. and THAT is the most accurate description of my golf game ever that is some funny stuff right there. got to squint, smoke eye-hits will wreck you lol.

so, thank god i quit smoking in 2013 after like 30 yrs of it. vape FTW now.

Latest posts