• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

Not to pick any certain pros apart or take away the work they've done. If they were entertaining to watch either on or off the course I'd be watching them too. People tip their waiter or waitress for less than 10 minutes of work without thinking twice even when they get bad service. I get criticized because I wanna support somebody I like by maybe kicking them down $10 or whatever percentage they get for their disc..... Come on guys, put stuff into perspective. People go to the theater and watch comedy, drama, action etc etc. There doesn't have to be single person, event, company to spend your time/money on. I have a bag full of Innova discs, I like what Brodie does, I wanted to get a disc and support somebody. Win-Win, I thought.... If that person or company doesn't have a good system in place to take money I'm willingly going to give them, I'll go support something else.

It's not that at all. Couldn't care less about how you spend your money or who you want to support. Im simply saying that his reasoning made no sense. Lots of people have busted their asses over the years in the sport, doing clinics, overall supporting disc golf. Brodie has been here for less than a year.
You'd be right that that reasoning alone would make no sense. But... he had a whole bunch more to that paragraph. He gave reasons he preferred this particular entertainment. The hard work part was just that: part. He thought it was important to state that that played a role. Maybe if Brodie did everything else the same, but it was clear he wasn't putting in any real work - he wouldn't support Brodie.

Reading through a lot of these posts, I came to one conclusion - man is Brody hated.

I've met the man and I think he could be great for growing the sport. He is friendly and wants to help people out. Yeah, he comes about as brash and dropping out of a tournament has turned people off (he's not the only one who DNFs for injuries/sickness/whatever). But, as an ex-Ultimate player he is bringing in some insight to disc golf. He has a social media platform/presence that most players don't. He is working with Paul McBeth to learn disc golf AND he's sharing what he's learning with us. He even seems to have brought Paul out of his shell - I've seen past videos with Paul where he hardly says anything...now he's talkative and has more instructional videos out.

Is the hate due to him starting disc golf and IMMEDIATELY getting a sponsorship AND being coached by Paul McBeth? That seems more like it in my opinion. Who among us doesn't wish we could be coached by the 5x World Champ and have a sponsorship - maybe a bit jealous? I know I am.

Perhaps, but have you run into one of these new Brodie converts yet? I have. A $20 back pack with $500 worth of plastic who can't throw for Sh%t but tells you how great every discs is and acts as obnoxious as Brodie does. Yeah, great, just what we need, more screaming idiots.:wall:

I would prefer to run into a Brodie converts than run into the disc golfers who have a $250+ bag full of OOP, special run discs,and the newest discs that throw for sh%t and look down on anyone who doesn't have an expensive bag full of discs even when you out drive them with a putter and they are using a driver*.

*I play a lot of one and two disc rounds and have had this happen on a regular basis.

Actually, Brodie is giving us a small glimpse of what disc golf might be like if it was a huge sport and all the top players had their fans buying merch, branding, etc, etc. We like the old Paul and Simon because they seemed humbled to have our attention, but now days it's all about turning eyeballs into money. I personally don't blame them, let's keep in mind one of the most (apparently *) popular players Philo Brathwaite, made a whopping 14k from tournament money in 2019.

* Because I see him mentioned alot. And he has a good article in the latest mag. :)

Brodie is losing me quickly on his new rant about the Preserve.

Dude has been playing 7 months, and didn't even play the tournament he's complaining about. lol

Brodie is losing me quickly on his new rant about the Preserve.

Dude has been playing 7 months, and didn't even play the tournament he's complaining about. lol

What's playing 7mo have to do with it? Just because someone has been playing longer than he doesn't necessarily mean their opinion is any more or less valid on its surface...

...and there are plenty of people on here complaining who didn't play it either.

What's playing 7mo have to do with it? Just because someone has been playing longer than he doesn't necessarily mean their opinion is any more or less valid on its surface...

...and there are plenty of people on here complaining who didn't play it either.

If a guy that just started playing and a guy that is a touring veteran have different opinions on Disc Golf I'm going with the guy that has actual experience 10 out of 10.

Brodie just wants disc golf to be Ball Golf so bad he cant stand it.

I don't mind his opinion, everyone's entitled to one. I don't necessarily agree with it though. I like when tournaments come down to the wire myself.

Anyway, when is he playing his next one. Toboggan?

If a guy that just started playing and a guy that is a touring veteran have different opinions on Disc Golf I'm going with the guy that has actual experience 10 out of 10.

Brodie just wants disc golf to be Ball Golf so bad he cant stand it.

People with experience can be just as wrong as a noob. All I'm saying is that if you disagree with his argument, then justify it with your own opinions on the matter rather than just dismissing it because you don't think he's earned the right to have an opinion.

I don't mind his opinion, everyone's entitled to one. I don't necessarily agree with it though. I like when tournaments come down to the wire myself.

Anyway, when is he playing his next one. Toboggan?

He's signed up for a B-tier event in Virginia with Paul and Hannah next week...

https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/44274

Scwebby is also registered.:thmbup:

Paul's gonna destroy that. What course is it on? Not that it really matters lol.

He is playing DGLO though right?

I wonder if foundation will be filming since its being run by Hunter?...

Also, there is no course listed by the name it gives on the registration page of DGU... Any Virginians know anything about Venhorst Park in Bedford, VA

I don't think Foundation will be filming, unfortunately.

I'd love to see it because it's a brand new course that Paul had a big hand in designing. It looks pretty sweet on video.