• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

Ezra meets all of the above qualifications. He did not get the same recognition.

It looks like Ezra was mentioned on this forum literally once before he hit 1000, and that was just the listing of a chase card. No one discussed him.

Ezra meets all of the above qualifications. He did not get the same recognition.

That's the thing, he doesn't.

Remind me again of how many youtube views Ezra has?

Set your hate aside for a short time and look at this from a business standpoint, if it doesn't make sense to you then you aren't paying attn.

Ezra finished 22nd at the Memorial and Brodie finished tied for 23rd. Brodie's scores were a bit more consistent the last three rounds. Ezra started hot and faded a bit the last couple of rounds.

BOth are still off to good starts to their season. Ezra is younger and has the higher potential of course.

Just listened to the Brodie episode of Nate Sexton's podcast today. I thought it was great. Honestly believe Brodie's in it for the right reasons and that he has something to offer to growing the sport. I thought the interview was pretty insightful.

Brodie strikes me as a guy who is a bit egotistical but legit has a good heart. And I gotta respect his hustle. He's improved so much in a year. I'm not gonna go out and buy all of his tour series discs, but I'm rooting for him.

What if Ezra and Brodie represent what happened to MMA once high-level amateur wrestlers started getting involved (e.g. Matt Hughes, Mark Coleman).

Just listened to the Brodie episode of Nate Sexton's podcast today. I thought it was great. Honestly believe Brodie's in it for the right reasons and that he has something to offer to growing the sport. I thought the interview was pretty insightful.

Brodie strikes me as a guy who is a bit egotistical but legit has a good heart. And I gotta respect his hustle. He's improved so much in a year. I'm not gonna go out and buy all of his tour series discs, but I'm rooting for him.
Yes the podcast was a great listen. When Brodie started milking Nate for putting knowledge, it made me appreciate he is all in on this. He said 2022 is his boom year.

I listened to that podcast episode too. It's a fantastic listen for anyone who loves disc golf.

I find myself having a very hate/like relationship with how I feel about Brodie. Half the time when he opens his mouth I just want to tell him to shut up you whiny b****. Or I see some of his videos that make me absolutely cringe (lets laugh at rollers thrown into a kids playground, near people, for instance).

But the other half of the time, I see a guy who genuinely loves the sport. A guy working hard to get what he wants. An athlete not afraid to speak their mind and challenge some of the "that's just the way it is" things. I respect the hell out of that. He was also fantastic on that podcast.

Idk how I feel. I liked him at the start, hated him in the middle. Now maybe I'm net-zero neutral? I'm probably never rooting for him, and still probably wouldn't care at all if he failed, but maybe I'm just no longer rooting against him?

Anyone else feel like this?

Idk how I feel. I liked him at the start, hated him in the middle. Now maybe I'm net-zero neutral? I'm probably never rooting for him, and still probably wouldn't care at all if he failed, but maybe I'm just no longer rooting against him?

Anyone else feel like this?

I feel like you do, but in the opposite order. I hated him at first because I knew who he was in the ultimate scene, and I've come to respect him due to his work ethic. I'm talented enough to maybe be 1020 if I played every day, practiced consistently, etc., but I don't care to put in the work. He does. Props to him for that.

Even though I've grown to respect him, there are certainly things that irk me about him. Whining to the public about other people's actions has never been a good look for anyone, especially someone who's already known as brash.

On the other hand, most people on here probably think I'm a fanboy based on how I post about him. I'm very willing to point out that other people are critical of him without being critical of themselves.

Succeed or fail, he's brought more $$$ to disc golf. Idk how much, but I'm not complaining. Now hopefully it'll result in more/better courses.

I feel like you do, but in the opposite order. I hated him at first because I knew who he was in the ultimate scene,

One thing I thought was good on Brodie, in that podcast with Nate, he acknowledged that he wasn't very proud of who he was and his level of sportsmanship in his Ultimate days. I never thought I'd hear that out of a guy like Brodie.

One thing I thought was good on Brodie, in that podcast with Nate, he acknowledged that he wasn't very proud of who he was and his level of sportsmanship in his Ultimate days. I never thought I'd hear that out of a guy like Brodie.

That was nice to hear. I didn't expect that from him and it shows a lot of maturity to admit that.

I had mixed reactions to the podcast with Nate. I thought there was some insightful discussion but I got particularly irked during the Q&A section about tour series disc and the secondary disc market. The question was essentially, "What do you think about it?" and he went off on this long unrelated tangent about player payouts that felt pretty forced to me. Almost like that topic is his schtick and he needed to find a way to bring it up to create some kind of artificial controversy. I think Nate generally agreed with him, but it didn't seem like Brodie really listened when Nate would say something like "Well you gotta consider... yada-yada-yada".

On a different note, I was surprised to see him get a top-25 finish at LVC but I'm particularly interested to see how his game holds up at Waco. I'm watching him play a practice round with Jeff Korns on the Foundation YouTube channel and gotta say, I don't think he's gonna fare well this weekend. I think he's got enough distance to compete on bomber courses but doesn't seem to have the control (yet) to compete on tight wooded courses. That's my guess at least, we'll see how it goes this weekend. Interestingly, he didn't mention his control or woods game being a weakness in the Nate interview, which I would have expected. He just said he needs more distance and consistency.

As it turns out.. a lot of us aren't quite the people we hope to be... or become... in our 20s... man I was clueless at times, but I see the potential I had and the growth I've attained.

As far as outscoring high rated players, this is by far his best round. Tied Hammes and Conrad. Got Eagle, KJ, Gurthie, Orum, AB, Uli, Feldberg, etc, etc, etc, etc. One stroke off Paul, Dickerson, Gibson, etc.