• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Broke 500 ft Barrier!!

what ever happened to the gb sock puppet? he posted like 30 times in various threads...gooo GB! GB all the way! i gooooo on GB!!!

i dont even remember what thread that was. you got a link?:thmbup:

disc does do a houdini in the trees. videos of form would be cool to see. and easy for one to post.

what ever happened to the gb sock puppet? he posted like 30 times in various threads...gooo GB! GB all the way! i gooooo on GB!!!

i dont even remember what thread that was. you got a link?:thmbup:

Good ol' Apothecary...

Go skepticism! :hfive:

i am going to try and throw around some with Jrawk soon, and then hopefully we can get back to helping me with my drives.....and technique

i am going to try and throw around some with Jrawk soon, and then hopefully we can get back to helping me with my drives.....and technique
Just keep asking and ignore the conspiricy theories. I see no reason for you to lie about how far you're throwing when you're here for advice.

Just keep asking and ignore the conspiricy theories. I see no reason for you to lie about how far you're throwing when you're here for advice.

Yep.

I'm not sure which is lamer: the people who think you're faking how far you throw, or the people who have lied about how far they throw causing people on this site to think people who throw far are faking how far they can throw. :|

That made my head hurt.

If you confirm this jrawk this could be a first in internet forums. How many times have people been skeptical of someone's post and been able to confirm/deny in person?

Ive met many a forum goer. And many a forum goer met many more a forum goer. So lots.

It's the anonymous by choice forum goer to be suspicious of.

Yep.

I'm not sure which is lamer: the people who think you're faking how far you throw, or the people who have lied about how far they throw causing people on this site to think people who throw far are faking how far they can throw. :|

That made my head hurt.

Or those who only care about distance.
Don't believe anything you read on the internet (especially in blogs/forums). If it sounds too good to be true...

I'm more intrigued by the prodigies who have only played 1 month and are recording pro scores (if there are any)...the art of putting the disc in the basket. It's not disc golf if I don't hear chains. With no "Ching", it's just disc.

Last edited:
just an observation, maybe I'm wrong, but are you sure that field is 100 yards? because for one, I don't see any yard markers on it that I normally see on 100 yard football fields. And two, from the looks of the bleachers/stands, it looks like one of those short football fields. But on the other hand, it looks like you're pretty far away from the cam. But I don't know. Just an observation...

do you listen to yourself?

4 weeks? idk, it doesnt just take power to throw 5 hundo,technique is a big part,sumthing is a little fishy:confused:

what could still be fishy with a video to match his feat?

I will believe it when you get a wheel to measure with and stop counting 1 step = 1yd.

Make a vid like this with no edits stops etc

mark tee box
Throw the disc
have cam man walk back to you
get wheel
cam on wheel showing distance at 0
walk in a straight line directly to disc with cam following you while you push wheel.
show wheel with distance At disc

this is way too much, why would anyone who doesnt believe him, care whether he is legit or not, let alone ask someone to do all that, seems silly....

OP, its exciting that youve been able to accomplish so much with so little time in this sport. Keep on improving your game, and I think youll stick with it for all the other aspects we all enjoy that arent throwing a disc a mile :) even tho that is fun too

do you listen to yourself?

You've never seen a short practice football field? Pretty common actually at the high schools...used for various sports. And I said "looks like." I could care less if it is or not. You would probably believe it if the internet told you that you were a good disc golfer or that you could grow your wee wee 6-8 inches :rolleyes:

your right, there is hardly any need or courses where this kind of drive is useful, when i play DGolf for score, i will try my best to throw accurate and fluid, so drives average around 400, which is more than enough for the course i play at, i spend about 80% of the time with the Roc in my hand as most of the par 3s are 220-320

There's a lot of holes/courses around here where 500' would be quite an advantage to have. Off the top of my head...Holes 1 and 7 at Pease, Holes 1, 5, 12, 14, and 16 at Circle C. A bunch of holes out at Old Setters with 2 of them being 1,000'+ open field shots. I'm sure you'd love this course. Circle R's got a few doozys in the 500'-900' range and Wilco has 6 holes in the 500'-800' range.

Here's one of the holes out at Old Settlers. It would be crazy to see someone 3 this thing.
6afdc481.jpg

Yeah skurf but all of those coarses except OSP recquire control and accuracy.

Yeah skurf but all of those coarses except OSP recquire control and accuracy.

True, but most if not all of the holes I posted allow for 500' shots if you hit a good line. I didn't post a few of the long holes out at Circle C (or any of of the ones at Manor) because they turn too much to allow for 500' drives. Granted, you're not going to be able to hit a distance line on all of them, but there's a few that would allow it.

True, but most if not all of the holes I posted allow for 500' shots if you hit a good line. I didn't post a few of the long holes out at Circle C (or any of of the ones at Manor) because they turn too much to allow for 500' drives. Granted, you're not going to be able to hit a distance line on all of them, but there's a few that would allow it.

Id like to see him throw hole 8 at Manor.