• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Buckhorn Open

jrod17320

Bogey Member
The Buckhorn Open is a tourney in the Central part of North Carolina. Registration started at 8:00 last night and the tourney was full in 4 minutes. After 30 minutes you had 30 people on the waitlist. I was lucky to get in but it is becoming a tad ridiculous getting into some tournaments recently. I saw the TD comment that the previous record to filling that tourney was a little over an hour. The TD posted registration info all over FB in the local area so that might be a factor, however I think the popularity of disc golf is booming. I think that can be attributed to video coverage somewhat but its becoming harder and harder to get into tourneys. Buckhorn is a really good course (especially for righties) but its not super destination and its only a B tier. Just interesting info I thought I would share to the masses.

Mooky's Cup filled in less than a day and it's just a 1 day C-tier.

The irony is a few decades ago people were driving hours to play non-sanctioned events.

The growth of the sport on the local level is just insane.

The irony is a few decades ago people were driving hours to play non-sanctioned events.

The growth of the sport on the local level is just insane.

Yep. In 1995 I lived in Richmond and played every RADL monthly but one. There was 1 PDGA event in Virginia that year. This year there will be over 100.

In NC, you can pretty much play a b tier every weekend. If not a b tier there is a couple c tiers to choose from. Its crazy that they are almost all filling as well. I think we are close to having some pretty big events in NC with all the new growth as well as the amount of work put into designing new and high level courses all over the state. I just want to see some bigger companies step up and start funding some of these tournaments and course developments.

Latest posts