• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Buzzz OS

i would love to see you park some of the holes here in mn around 350 ft with your pro d buzz. i dont think you can do it

When my throwing arm and form was in shape I could get DX flat top Rocs out close to 400', so getting a Pro D Buzzz out to 350' seems quite plausable. Granted, that distance wasn't golf D but a lofty rip in a field. Even so...

When my throwing arm and form was in shape I could get DX flat top Rocs out close to 400', so getting a Pro D Buzzz out to 350' seems quite plausable. Granted, that distance wasn't golf D but a lofty rip in a field. Even so...

I'm not claiming to be able to crush plastic. I can only max 425ish. But that beat to hades pro d buzz makes the sweetest lines

Yeah... I don't throw putters. At all. I won't explain why because no one gives a crap.

So anyway, the pro-d buzzz works very well for these shots, but I would like to find something that works similarly but has more durability. ESP Meteor? No? Too much LSS for that situation?

A Salient Antidote would be a good option for these shots. Pretty similar flight to a stingray but a little more understable I thought. Unless you stall it out, it should work well on lower power shots like you were describing. I like the one tbird sent my way.

Maybe I missed it, but how would you compare it to a Wasp? I feel that I can never get closet to the same distance that I get with a buzzz. Is this any better?

Buzzz OS in hand!
Stamp: Stock, "First Run"
Weight: 175-176
Plastic: Z, light pearl
Dome: FAF. Flick flat. Some were a touch sunken like a Glo Buzzz. Mine is just dead flat.
Feel: has the handfeel of a buzzz. I'm not getting the deeper feel that the PLH comparison pics suggested.
Flight: Annie flex back-to-back w/flat Z Wasp = Buzzz OS fought out significantly harder. Low glide, very overstable. I'm not a hornet thrower, so I can't compare there. Two AM1 buddies tried to torque it as hard as they could and it fought out every time. Very impressive stability, great feel in a FH grip, good low straight flicks with fade, and a very straight FH roll. Much more OS vs the Buzzz than the SS is US.

On the course it was my FH utility mid. I pitched out of trouble FH and I carved a couple shots with it BH. The lack of glide had me come up short on my first couple BH tries, and later I pulled it harder on a slight anny-flex and got the results I wanted.

Discraft knows mids and they know overstable. I think they really nailed it with this disc. I had a blast trying to keep it on an anny in the field, and I expect it'll be a great windfighter. I was only carrying a Wasp for an o/s mid, and I know that wont handle the Autumn windy season.

I'm not claiming to be able to crush plastic. I can only max 425ish. But that beat to hades pro d buzz makes the sweetest lines

I'm not either, I was just impressed by the distance potential of flat top Rocs. I could never top 500' with high speed drivers. Right now I max out about the same as you

Rains, that review makes me want to get a Buzzz OS...pronto. It sounds perfect.

Just pre-order ed one of these from Infinite. Couldn't beat that price. I could see it possibly being a staple in my bag, as opposed to the OS mid I currently use (Gator) which only goes in for certain courses/weather conditions.

I'm liking the sound of it so far though.

I am not sure if I will give the Buzzz OS a try or not. I am so very satisfied with my Z Wasps that I don't think I want something more OS. Most of the tournaments I play are very Innova friendly so I may not come across it during awards. Time will tell.

idk im really satisfied with my hornet, wasp, buzz (meteor) combo. if the buzz os could knock out the hornet and wasp that would be sick. but i really love my set up right now.

ill wait to find someone at the course to try theirs. does sound worth trying

I am also satisfied with worn hornet+buzzz+meteor+worn meteor, but I'm going to try a buzzz os. I know it will be too overstable for my taste but I'll probably just throw it on every hole until it's manageable.

I am also satisfied with worn hornet+buzzz+meteor+worn meteor, but I'm going to try a buzzz os. I know it will be too overstable for my taste but I'll probably just throw it on every hole until it's manageable.

just cant beat discraft mids overall

I wish they would come out with a Stalker OS now that the Ti Stalker is OOP...

Buzzz OS in hand!
Stamp: Stock, "First Run"
Weight: 175-176
Plastic: Z, light pearl
Dome: FAF. Flick flat. Some were a touch sunken like a Glo Buzzz. Mine is just dead flat.
Feel: has the handfeel of a buzzz. I'm not getting the deeper feel that the PLH comparison pics suggested.
Flight: Annie flex back-to-back w/flat Z Wasp = Buzzz OS fought out significantly harder. Low glide, very overstable. I'm not a hornet thrower, so I can't compare there. Two AM1 buddies tried to torque it as hard as they could and it fought out every time. Very impressive stability, great feel in a FH grip, good low straight flicks with fade, and a very straight FH roll. Much more OS vs the Buzzz than the SS is US.

On the course it was my FH utility mid. I pitched out of trouble FH and I carved a couple shots with it BH. The lack of glide had me come up short on my first couple BH tries, and later I pulled it harder on a slight anny-flex and got the results I wanted.

Discraft knows mids and they know overstable. I think they really nailed it with this disc. I had a blast trying to keep it on an anny in the field, and I expect it'll be a great windfighter. I was only carrying a Wasp for an o/s mid, and I know that wont handle the Autumn windy season.

oh man this makes me really hope that they come out with some ESP or Elite X ones. hoping infinite discs ships today.

Latest posts