• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Buzzz OS

Discraft just posted on their Facebook that demand has exceeded what they planned for. So some retailers might be waiting a little bit longer for theirs.

If you're in Mid-Michigan, CJ's has 'em. Picked up a pearly ice blue backup, slightly concave flight plate. :D

We received some of those blues. I'm seeing them more like complete puddle top:p Probably cut down on the O.S.ness a bit which who knows, may be a good thing?

We received some of those blues. I'm seeing them more like complete puddle top:p Probably cut down on the O.S.ness a bit which who knows, may be a good thing?

I picked out the one closest to flat that was also blue, a lot of them were puddles. Judging from Zones and Glo Buzzzes, the puddle top should make them more OS, not less?

anyone order from infinite? and if so has your order shipped yet?

they told me they weren't sure when they are coming. would be nice to know if they are in the mail and coming to their shop at least. they be getting scarce and over priced quickly.

also, how could discraft not know that something named buzzz isnt going to sell. "same bone head" mistake as the 10yrs i believe. so wonder if they are just slow and making excuses.

Soooo do we really need this? I use the wasp and the buzzz, wont there be too much overlap?

It's a bit like the Buzzz SS they released which flies pretty much like a comet anyway.

My bag is comet, buzzz, wasp, drone. Anyone have any convincing argument why i need a 5th midrange?

they told me they weren't sure when they are coming. would be nice to know if they are in the mail and coming to their shop at least. they be getting scarce and over priced quickly.

also, how could discraft not know that something named buzzz isnt going to sell. "same bone head" mistake as the 10yrs i believe. so wonder if they are just slow and making excuses.

Is it?

I donno...Discraft appears to be a fairly small business to me. Probably has no real marketing department to speak of. Look at it from their perspective; what if they produce a jillion of these new discs and they don't sell. I can't imagine they have copious amounts of capital to invest in a new product. How are you supposed to make up for all that profit tied up in all that unsold inventory? To me, the smart thing to do is produce less than enough that you know are going to sell, generate hype and see how the market reacts. If the market goes nuts (and it appears it has) then make more if not, then there isn't a lot of lost capital.

Personally, I'd just cut them a little slack and wait a month or two. They'll get more on the market.

Is it?

I donno...Discraft appears to be a fairly small business to me. Probably has no real marketing department to speak of. Look at it from their perspective; what if they produce a jillion of these new discs and they don't sell.

Personally, I'd just cut them a little slack and wait a month or two. They'll get more on the market.

:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

Dave, Discraft is not a fairly small business when it comes to flying discs. They OWN the Ultimate market, and I'd wager the Buzzz alone outsells several full fledged DG companies.

Yeah maybe just prepare for releasing the disc with proper production prior to that.......... How would they NOT know that retailers were sending in orders for these discs and to see welp we should make X vs Y so we can fulfill?!

Great way to screw one retailer vs another for sure!

My co is 500 million in sales and the rhetoric here [which is of course the full extend of what we "know"] is exactly the same.

Do we have any inkling of whether their demand forecasting is off 1% or 100%? Their fulfillment 1 week or 1 month? And would they see ANY sales difference if they had 1000x the product available day 1?

Enjoy your speculation.

:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:
my sentiments exactly
Dave, Discraft is not a fairly small business when it comes to flying discs. They OWN the Ultimate market, and I'd wager the Buzzz alone outsells several full fledged DG companies.
i dont think you would get very good odds for that wager. the house would be dumb to even take the wager. lol.
Yeah maybe just prepare for releasing the disc with proper production prior to that.......... How would they NOT know that retailers were sending in orders for these discs and to see welp we should make X vs Y so we can fulfill?!

Great way to screw one retailer vs another for sure!

i really hope they didnt screw anyone and they're just being slow.

keep in mind guys these aren't limited edition like the 10yrs. these are not. these are just the first run. they are probably already working on the next run. let's just have a little patience. whatever happens the vendors will make it right. they always do

my sentiments exactly

i really hope they didnt screw anyone and they're just being slow.

im talking about X retailer missing out on sales vs Y retailer-- not that they wont get product but if a place doesn't have the disc, they cant sell them and people will sometimes take the $ elsewhere.

Oh please. Stop getting your panties in a knot. If you get that pissed over a post on the internet maybe it's time to switch to decaf....

Im soooooooooooooooo pissed. :popcorn:

You clearly have the insider info. lol.

They are a disc golf manufacturer with the Buzzz being one of the most popular discs on the market and putting out a new release-- 1 job to do: make the discs for retail.

Im soooooooooooooooo pissed. :popcorn:

You clearly have the insider info. lol.

Nope. Just looked at that video and thought, that looks like a small manufacturing busniness.

And when you post multiple head bangs smilies, yeah, it makes you appear to be REALLY angry lol.

They are a disc golf manufacturer with the Buzzz being one of the most popular discs on the market and putting out a new release-- 1 job to do: make the discs for retail.

And it sounds like they mis-judged the popularity of Buzzz-OS. So freaking what? They'll make more. When I first heard about it, I sort of thought it wouldn't catch on because they already had discs like the Wasp and Hornet. I guess I don't get why some of you are so p.o.'ed at Discraft over this. :confused:

Last edited: