• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Buzzz OS

So I've been throwing a Z-flx BuzzzOS for a bit now and was told it was more OS than other plastic. From my experience, not at all. This thing is glidey and will hold straight forever then slightly fade at the end.

I've pushed it out to 325 on straight low lines. Much further than any other OS.

It feels like an anomaly. It's like a D-line or JB OOB but with more glide. The disc is great but not what I wanted it for, hell it might push an eagle out of the bag.

Do all first run Z Buzzz OS's have a puddle top?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

All of my first run z's are just super flat, not puddle topped. But for some reason every blue one I have seen had a major puddle top. Could just be my experience...

Do all first run Z Buzzz OS's have a puddle top?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

outdated

but when the fr buzzos came out there was flatties and puddle tops

flatties had crap glide and dumped off fast

puddle tops had turn and glide but then abrupt fast fade

people were getting much moar distance from the puddle tops but the turn made it unpredictable

If you like throwing your Buzzz OS for FH's I highly suggest checking out a Champion Caiman. The Caiman is much more comfortable to grip (chunkier rim & smaller diameter).

The stability & speed are really similar but I'm much more confident gripping the Caiman.

Has anyone had success cycling the Buzzz OS? I assume not so much in any premium plastic but what about Pro D or Jawbreaker? I'm looking for a grippier, consistently flatter alternative to cycling KC Rocs. Bead or no bead doesn't really make a difference to me, but I'm worried the Buzzz OS is too overstable to the point where even breaking them in doesn't get them to a normal Buzzz-like stability. Any experience would be greatly appreciated.

Has anyone had success cycling the Buzzz OS? I assume not so much in any premium plastic but what about Pro D or Jawbreaker? I'm looking for a grippier, consistently flatter alternative to cycling KC Rocs. Bead or no bead doesn't really make a difference to me, but I'm worried the Buzzz OS is too overstable to the point where even breaking them in doesn't get them to a normal Buzzz-like stability. Any experience would be greatly appreciated.

During tourneys when a few unwanted turnovers got me shook, I'll pull out a seasoned BuzzzOS for my "straight" shots that can't afford to finish right (rhbh). It's a only a two disc cycle. 1 Fresh Z or ESP, 1 beat ESP (Or a D for a short while, while I wait for an ESP to season). I have a few really beat Ds that have the stability of a new Buzzz, but they all are shorter. They just don't have the glide.

Might not be the disc you're looking for...but for a D you can rough up on your drive way to test, it will only set you back $6.99.

During tourneys when a few unwanted turnovers got me shook, I'll pull out a seasoned BuzzzOS for my "straight" shots that can't afford to finish right (rhbh). It's a only a two disc cycle. 1 Fresh Z or ESP, 1 beat ESP (Or a D for a short while, while I wait for an ESP to season). I have a few really beat Ds that have the stability of a new Buzzz, but they all are shorter. They just don't have the glide.

Might not be the disc you're looking for...but for a D you can rough up on your drive way to test, it will only set you back $6.99.

I'm not opposed to having a regular Z or ESP Buzzz for those longer mid, not quite fairway driver distance shots or turnovers. I feel more confident forcing a stable to slightly OS disc over on turnover lines than I do hyzerflipping or throwing US discs flat, anyway.

I can get a Roc to go a long way for a 4speed (sometimes it does get me in trouble) but maybe less glide/more control would be beneficial for added accuracy.

Recently picked up an ESP Buzzz OS (175g). This thing is way less stable than I remembered from trying a Z one 4/5 years ago. was hoping it would slot kind of in between my VIP Harps and my beat Z Drone.

What is the most overstable plastic the BuzzzOS comes in?

I don't know, but I just bought and threw a Buzzz OS for the first time ever. Puddle top Z, 178 grams. Thing is pure BEEF. I was worried that it wouldn't be as overstable as I wanted, but it is almost MORE overstable than I wanted.

My low armspeed is probably the main factor, but my god this thing puts my Firebird to shame. Can't wait for a strong headwind to really put it to the test.

That's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. Planning on taking a look at Marshall street this week and trying to find a puddle top in person.

If you want an overstable mid that feels more like a buzzz in the hand the Quake is what you're looking for. Not as OS as most Buzzz OS though.

I am thinking a puddle top ESP would be delectable. The Z is ever so slightly more overstable than I am looking for. The (Prodigy) A2 I have been throwing in that spot suddenly developed the case of throwing straight. I have other A2s that still have plenty of Beef, but I like how the Zone series feels in my hands.

Latest posts