• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

CA-CO-OK-NC-PA-OH-IL-MI-WI... LOTS OF INPUT NEEDED!

@cmchavis & discNDav -- those look like great Indiana choices not far from80. If you had to choose 1, which one?

Rogers Lakewood in Valpo is 27 quality holes and closer to I-80 and closer to Flip than Lemon Lake.

re: Moriane in PA...Grove City outlet shopping is very close by, you can golf while others shop! (I-80 across PA is boring though).

You need to check out Southeast Park in Columbia if the baskets are installed. You also need to stop at Earlewood. If the baskets are not installed at Southeast Park then you could stop at All-Terrain.

Good ideas, though permanent baskets at Southeast by then are questionable. Driving from Savannah to Charlotte, both are 2-3 miles off the interstates.

Chicago! -- no time for anything here other than Italian Beef!

If you do happen to drive through the Joliet area I do suggest Highland Park.

Big Choice here -- backtrack to MI and head up through Flip City to the UP or continue north to Milwaukee and into WI? Thoughts??? Flip 8/1?

I would back track through MI. Flip City and Ludington courses are fantastic! Don't get me wrong I adore Dretzka but for traveling and experience purposes you will have more fun in MI. Ludington has 4 courses, two of which are fantastic (beauty and leviathon).

The plan is to hit Highbridge and Blue Ribbon Pines on the way to the Dakotas and Yellowstone, up to Glacier NP then directly home.

Kaposia is way better than BRP....imo. I know BRP gets more hype but thats because of the amenities and environment. Challenge and layout wise Kaposia is better and requires more of an overall game. of all the courses in the Twin Cities I miss Kaposia the most by far. Or even hit the St Cloud courses up.

Are you going through Arkansas? I'd stop at old post or Russellville maybe both.

Dunno what part of I80 you are trying to avoid, but it is definitely the best way across PA. I drove it this past weekend and it seemed like they recently repaved most of it, so it is a good road. The only problem I could see with it, is that it gets a lot of truck traffic, but I still moved along really well.

I would also suggest Moraine. And for someplace to drop the girl off, from I80 you drive right past Grove City Outlet Mall about 15 minutes north of Moraine. There is plenty of camping around the park including Bear Run Campground as well as Cooper's Lake Campground. I would ask BogeyNoMore about Cooper's Lake as I believe that he might have stayed there over Memorial Day.

Charlotte Area --I'll be staying with my sister and with worlds it'll be a challenge to play the best courses. But since I played the worlds courses ahead of the 2011 worlds, I feel like I owe it to myself to play the best of Charlotte worlds. Which 3 courses would be can't miss for worlds?

Renny
Nevin
RLSmith

If you are HUGE fan of USDGC, stop and play Winthrop, even without the rope. Make sure you get a map of the GOLD course, and preferably a guide.

^^^ He should play Hornets over Nevin. He'll just hate disc golf after Nevin.

Any disc golf trip to Charlotte without playing Hornest Nest is a wasted trip.

Hornet's Nest is SOOOOOO overrated. Of course, I'm the only one that thinks that (or will admit to thinking that), but I am quite serious. Guess that's why they're called opinions.

Edit: Oh crap, I missed my 1000th post. Tears.

Hornets is funner than Nevin. Nevin gives you that why am I here feeling more than once. Even if I lived in Charlotte I wouldn't go play Nevin more than once every few months. Probably why I haven't been back to Swingin DB's in a while.

If you're anywhere near Moraine you really should play it. Like others said, if the wife likes to shop, drop her off at the Outets in Grove City, It's right off of 79, I think 5 or 6 miles south of the 80/79 junction. If she does like to explore, Moraine offers plenty to be explored, including hiking, boat rentals, and bike paths. There is plenty of camping in Moraine and around it, so that's not an issue. If you play Moraine solo, it should take you about an hour to do so, as long as you don't loose a disc :)