• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Can you shoot 'Par' on your home course?

Can you shoot "Par" on your home course?

• Total voters
Nope (since it was my thread with the previously mentioned discussion)

My home course is Haikey Creek Park - Tulsa Ok

Lately it's been South Mountain because it's short, I can play it fast early in the AM, and it's not crowded when I play. The course is 100% wooded, so if I don't hit the line off the tee, I'm looking at par or par+. Oh, and I'm currently rehabbing my elbow so I don't know how long until I can start practicing religiously again (technically, I shouldn't be playing at all).

I have tennis elbow right now. I still play, but no strong grip, and I have definitely lost distance because of the lack of 'pop'.

I have not been able to get on the internet, so I have not got to review your courses yet. Still, some helpful hints till I do:

*Play a game where you throw 2 discs every time, and a notepad. Write down the best way for you to par or better each basket.

*Par is good. My new saying is, "Let the putter make the birdies, let the drivers make the pars." This means when you are trying too difficult of a shot, risk/reward, more often than not, you will lose. Let your tee shots be more conservative, do not always 'go for it.' In fact, never go for it unless there is no risk in attacking the basket.

(So often, people mistakenly think to shoot par you have to make a lot of birdies. This develops an attitude that par is not a good score. More often than not, it causes a bad mental approach, a miserable game.)

* Beware heavy bags. Yesterday I shot -6 at Potosi. Small bag with bear essentials. Today I loaded the big bag, plenty of liquid, and the weight just made me miserable, +1. Play light as possible.

Got 5 courses in my area and i shoot under par(54) every time. If i played course par it would give me a false sense of achievement imo. Even when i go to a course with legit par 4 and 5's i still play everything as 3 and feel bad if i get 4 or 5.