• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Can you shoot 'Par' on your home course?

Can you shoot "Par" on your home course?

• Total voters
My home course is either The Players DGC or Brent Hambrick, haven't decided yet. They're about equal distance from my house.

Players course if I play the listed pars I usually play about even. Somewhere in the the -2 to +2 range. If I play them as all 3's (which I always do unless I'm playing with someone who wants to play the listed pars) then I've never even come close. My best score there going by all 3's is a +6.

Brent Hambrick I think is much easier. Playing the listed pars I almost always get something in the neighborhood of a -5 to -8. Playing it as all 3's I can still keep my score zero or better maybe a +1 to a +3 if I'm not having a good day.

I almost always play alone or with someone who doesn't play much so I have no idea how I would stack up against some of you other mid-Ohioans on this site. Kinda curious to see how you other people do on these courses.

God yes, any day of the week.....except last Tuesday. (f#@k you last Tuesday)

It bears repeating, have most people checked the average score per round on the front page of their home course?? That seems like the more relevant question as opposed can u beat whatever the given par is.

Also, how are the statistics for the poll:

Yes: 87.50%
No: 16.25%

Anyone else notice the error in math there?

My home course is a crappy little nine hole with two very short tees and nothing over 300, if I don't shoot 3 under, its a bad day! Today was a bad day.:wall:

I always play par 54 on my home course (pro par 58) and almost always shoot under. Playing par 58, I haven't shot over in quite a few years.

Course is Charlie Vettiner in Louisville, KY. Great course.

Yes - I score under par (as marked) on both long and short tee's. When we play everything par 3 it is alittle harder, but 8 out 0f 10 times I am at par. (Calvert Road Park, MD)

Sure can. But if someone has Seatac as their home course I seriously doubt they par it. Ever.
Ever? What? I see that there are few people that have thrown under par for this course.... It's unlikely I will be able to throw under par at Seatac based on the photos I'm seeing. I think I will be playing there next summer.

I've 'par'ed my home course many times from the am tees...only a couple of times from the longs, but this afternoon i was -3 from the longs

I feel like I have two or three "home" courses. I feel like Austin have too many courses for me to choose from to really have a true home course.

Yes, I have shot even a few times on paschall in mesquite texas. Actually puts me under par according to the listed pars on teesigns and the internet, but those pars are a joke. I visited my previous home course today (veterans in arlington) and shot 19 over, which is pretty good for me.

My home courses are Banklick (Lincoln Ridge) and Idlewild. At Banklick, I consider par an OK day. Idlewild's a different story. Can I throw par at Idlewild? Yes. Can I do it consistently? No.

Yes, but NSWC is what I would consider my home course and its not too tough. Mostly wide open shots. There are two long holes that I struggle with getting in three but most of the rest are usual birdie potential with a decent accurate drive. Last time i was -4.