• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Canadian Disc golf

I was in Montreal early '09 and was terribly disappointed no courses were nearby. I'd hoped to get my first international round in. Ah well, it appears a nine hole was installed later in '09 so I've something at least to look forward to. I visit Montreal for business and haven't the opportunity to travel great distances for DG so I'll take what I get.
Get with it Canucks!
:)

The course in Montreal is pretty short and uninspiring 9 holer

Jump in a car and come to Ottawa. We have 5 courses (2 9 holers, 1 pitch and putt and 2 championship level courses) The 2 great courses are Camp Fortune (which is on a ski hill) and Ettyville which is on a 300 acre farm between Ottawa and Montreal. Ettyville is something else

PM me for details

I'm about to get my first taste of Canadian disc golf. Headed to Vancouver next week. The course scenery looks amazing. I'd love to see what else is out there in other regions.

It's too bad I only just found this thread. We maybe could've got a round in. Oh well. I saw your photos from Langley, Quilchena and Queen Elizabeth parks. Nice work. I hope you enjoyed yourself.

time for an update
we got approval for an 18 hole course in Baker Park in Calgary
the Baskets, DGA Mach 5's I believe, are installed

in the spring we will install the concrete tee pads and signage

for 2012 we hope to have approval for an 18 hole course in Old Refinery park
this one we would hope to be more of a Championship calibre course
this one is slightly delayed due to differences in opinion on how to do the environmental remediation between the City and the Province

we will keep pushing on this one though, it will be outstanding

we also hope to have approval for a nice little 9 holer in Greenview, we had our initial meeting with the community and will be going to an Open House in February

there is a 9 hole course at Bragg Creek in Redwood Meadows, the plan for 2012 would be to move 9 baskets from Calgary to Redwood Meadows on some additional land there and have a really good 18 hole course there as well

Millarville exists as, in my opinion, a very good qaulity 18 holer but it is a pay to play and you must book a tee time

so progress is being made for Calgary and Alberta disc golf

Southern Ontario has a nice concentration of courses and some good tournaments. There's plenty of room for more courses and the sport seems to be growing up there so things are moving in the right direction. Hopefully more courses will continue to pop up.

Of the 125 courses in Canada, 34 don't have a review so spread the word about DGCR up there.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for a killer course in Vancouver, BC. There are some fun small courses but nothing that leaves a lasting impression. Langley, BC has one of the best courses close to the US border.

time for an update

this one is slightly delayed due to differences in opinion on how to do the environmental remediation between the City and the Province

we also hope to have approval for a nice little 9 holer in Greenview, we had our initial meeting with the community and will be going to an Open House in February

there is a 9 hole course at Bragg Creek in Redwood Meadows, the plan for 2012 would be to move 9 baskets from Calgary to Redwood Meadows on some additional land there and have a really good 18 hole course there as well

Millarville exists as, in my opinion, a very good qaulity 18 holer but it is a pay to play and you must book a tee time

:thmbup::D

Thanks for the hard work! Can't wait for more to come.

I just added Baker Park to the course section here. I'll upload some photos later as well. I think I have every hole on my iphone.

I'm still waiting for a killer course in Vancouver, BC. There are some fun small courses but nothing that leaves a lasting impression. Langley, BC has one of the best courses close to the US border.

I completely understand. I believe that there is some work being done behind the scenes to get some more courses added, but I am not a part of those discussions so I cannot really comment on what is being discussed. I play the Langley course all the time, but unfortunately it is in a flood plane so very shortly we will not be able to play the full course.

i would love to see more courses in this area. The Fraser Valley is full of room so hopefully we can get some new courses added ASAP. I would love to have a proper championship style course with some longer par 4's and fives in the area.

Let's hope the hard work of those who are behind the scenes pays off and we start to see some courses pop up in Abbotsford, Surrey and Chilliwack.

To be honest though the area that could use a good course or two is Victoria. It has the perfect population (university town) for the game, but has not had a course since the Malahat course shut down due to tree damage from a wind storm (or that is the story I heard). The northern section of the Island has a few nice courses from my understanding, but the south is unfortunately lacking.

time for an update

Baker is finally being put in? Nice. That was my favorite course by far when I lived there '02-'07ish. I would love to play it now that I know how to play. I was horrible and never hung out with anyone that new how to play. Only managed bogie golf at the best and couldn't believe that people could actually get birdies. lol, what a terrible start to my disc golf career. Congrats on the new course, it has been a long time coming.

Kamloops area has been pretty good at getting new courses in over the past 5 years. Within an hour drive we have 5 or so nice 18 holers and there are club members that have private tonal courses that they open up for our local tour. There is talk (and only talk at this point) about getting our first manacured city park course. Fingers crossed.

I just added Baker Park to the course section here. I'll upload some photos later as well. I think I have every hole on my iphone.

I just uploaded the ones I have from my iphone. Missing a coule holes and they're not the greatest pictures but at least they show a bit of the course.

The new Disc Golfer magazine has an article about disc golf in Canada. Good stuff!

Latest posts