• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Canadian Disc Golfers Corner or from Canada eh

ThrowaEnvy

GyrO Activation Technician.
Premium Member
So I was poking around searching for Canada and stuff in threads... Vancouver comes up and Vancouver Island... I know there are other Canadian discers out there...

I'm out in B.C., Golf Island disc park is my local course, I'm not planning any road trips but I thought maybe it would be handy if we had a thread. Plus I bet tourism will be on the rise now...

Show your pride for the red, white and leaf!

Pender is probably one of my favorite wooded courses in Canada! I'm Over in Victoria, but find myself constantly having to travel elsewhere to play because of our lack of legit courses.

Pender is probably one of my favorite wooded courses in Canada! I'm Over in Victoria, but find myself constantly having to travel elsewhere to play because of our lack of legit courses.

Yeah man I was looking at Udisc and there seems to be a few more in Victoria.. I love Mary's Farm when they play there, unfortunately the last time they did a tournament was Thanksgiving weekend. Some of us have family haha.

There's talk about setting disc golf pins on the ball golf course so we can play there more often.. I hear they did that on Saltspring Island.

Yeah man I was looking at Udisc and there seems to be a few more in Victoria.. I love Mary's Farm when they play there, unfortunately the last time they did a tournament was Thanksgiving weekend. Some of us have family haha.

There's talk about setting disc golf pins on the ball golf course so we can play there more often.. I hear they did that on Saltspring Island.

A few of our courses are bushwacker homemade type courses. There are 2 out in the langford area. They recently setup a 9 hole tonal course on the interurban camosun college campus which will get good exposure to beginners.

Marys farm is a gem, probably our best option. The golf course at Metchosin is alright. I keep hearing about how awesome the golf course layout at Saltpsring is. I'm Definitely going to ferry over there soon.

A few of our courses are bushwacker homemade type courses. There are 2 out in the langford area. They recently setup a 9 hole tonal course on the interurban camosun college campus which will get good exposure to beginners.

Nice well glad to make your acquaintance... if you are out here look me up.. I've got an 18 hole bush course shorter than the public course but pretty awesome. The Sunday doubles crowd plays here last Sunday of every even month. Play at your own risk, no smoking on the course, you can clear bush before your shot.

Hey everyone is welcome, I tried a search for Canada and only found a few travel trips I thought about necro bumping.... We are up here somewhere.. Met Wolfie this year on Cortes.

Molson Canadian is also a decent beer up here actually it's the usual generic but they have excellent ads involving the catch phrase "I am Canadian" ... if you find some down there it's the best beer to mix with clamato other than that nothing special.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pASE_TgeVg8

Here's one of their classic I am Canadian ads...
watch

Ive disc golfed over 20 courses in BC, and always am looking to play more. Pender is on my bucket list but I seem to always miss out on their big tournaments. Hope to get there sooner than later. Love my neighbors in the great white north.

Ive disc golfed over 20 courses in BC, and always am looking to play more. Pender is on my bucket list but I seem to always miss out on their big tournaments. Hope to get there sooner than later. Love my neighbors in the great white north.

The tournament here is the last weekend of May I think it's Presidents day anyhow your long weekend.... Our long weekend is before it but there's some cool American dudes that have been coming for decades 30yrs anyhow apparently that's why we do it then or so legend has it...

Check it out you can play Thursday thru Friday at the main course. Saturday is ball golf course doubles it's a good time, I also invite friends up for doubles on the Sunday it's become the Margarita Open a cool low payout round bring the fun back!

The tournament here is the last weekend of May I think it's Presidents day anyhow your long weekend.... Our long weekend is before it but there's some cool American dudes that have been coming for decades 30yrs anyhow apparently that's why we do it then or so legend has it...

Check it out you can play Thursday thru Friday at the main course. Saturday is ball golf course doubles it's a good time, I also invite friends up for doubles on the Sunday it's become the Margarita Open a cool low payout round bring the fun back!

The pender bender is pretty legendary around here. Played for my second time this year, will definitely go back. Although each year me and my buddies missed out on the ball golf course, always fills up so fast! I gotta get over there on Thursday next time around..

The pender bender is pretty legendary around here. Played for my second time this year, will definitely go back. Although each year me and my buddies missed out on the ball golf course, always fills up so fast! I gotta get over there on Thursday next time around..

Do it... yeah you can play the Pender tournament any two days in a row latest start is 9 or 10 Saturday. I always say I'm not going to play the tournament here and just play the ball golf one.. But I never do. And it's hot! And it's a long course and I don't push big distance. I like the pre tourney round we usually get there, also end up playing lots with people dropping by to play here. I get tired :(

Were you at my place this year for doubles? I'm Mike if that helps haha.

Do it... yeah you can play the Pender tournament any two days in a row latest start is 9 or 10 Saturday. I always say I'm not going to play the tournament here and just play the ball golf one.. But I never do. And it's hot! And it's a long course and I don't push big distance. I like the pre tourney round we usually get there, also end up playing lots with people dropping by to play here. I get tired :(

Were you at my place this year for doubles? I'm Mike if that helps haha.

The first year I was new to the game, so I played novice fri-sat rounds and left Sunday. This year I went up to intermediate but didn't play my best (I blame early drinking on that...) sat-sun.

Played evening doubles with my buddy at the regular course and got 2nd. Don't think I made it out to your place.

I agree though it's scorching hot, usually drinking throughout the day, and playing extra rounds in between. It all adds up.

I wasn't aware of any other private courses on pender. I know saltspring has tons but I don't know enough people around there.

I wasn't aware of any other private courses on pender. I know saltspring has tons but I don't know enough people around there.

Actually there's a surprising number lots of which I haven't played I can think of six.. Only played 4 unless you count Claude's Partwoozi then it's 5 for seven

My place is a word of mouth tournament for insurance purposes I have never advertised it but we have 75+ people here gotta shoot sixteen under at least haha but it's for fun, that's what we want in the sport. Lots of short holes and Ace runs, it's been a piss up in the past. You do well with a Comet up here.

It's kind of cool I set it up in a figure eight on fourteen acres. Four starting points to deal with the traffic, people complained about breaking the nines in half at first but it is ideal. Especially if friends are up here I can jump in or out depending on commitments etc.

Latest posts