• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Canadian Disc Golfers Corner or from Canada eh

Used to live in Edmonton, now Southern Ontario. we're headed for single digit temps next week. Might soon be time to break out the Daredevil rubbery discs....maybe.

What's going on out there? Anything? Anyone?

Working my way through throwing my gyro box.. Got a camper and a PDGA # better late than never. Hoping to play more competitive rounds this year and get on the board. Gotta play Raptors Knoll, I think that's my first goal. I hear amazing things about it. Cortes 30yr anniversary Dawg Daze is this year, hitting that up for sure. Can't wait to go back, Last time 5 yrs back I took Masters. I tied for the open score.

What's going on out there? Anything? Anyone?

Working my way through throwing my gyro box.. Got a camper and a PDGA # better late than never. Hoping to play more competitive rounds this year and get on the board. Gotta play Raptors Knoll, I think that's my first goal. I hear amazing things about it. Cortes 30yr anniversary Dawg Daze is this year, hitting that up for sure. Can't wait to go back, Last time 5 yrs back I took Masters. I tied for the open score.

Watch out for hole 15 at Raptors it will destroy a good round.

Watch out for hole 15 at Raptors it will destroy a good round.

Thanks for the heads up. Yeah it looks like a long slug for me but the pictures I've seen are gorgeous.. Gotta catch up with Leuch for a round. Maybe Chris H will be hanging out and can really destroy my confidence with his drives :D always liked playing with him. I'm not a real innova fan but with him on the team it's hard to hate em. I think he's really been able to do some good with his sponsorship so I totally support that..

Maybe some Mundy Park or Burnaby boys. I gotta get out more.

Hey all, a couple of club related questions:

1. We are trying to start a youth/beginner program. Are there any manufacturers you'd recommend for ordering starter packs from?

2. Are there any funding programs you would recommend? We are in BC and we are aware of VIAsport and BC Community Gaming Grants. Anything else we are missing?

1. We are trying to start a youth/beginner program. Are there any manufacturers you'd recommend for ordering starter packs from?

2. Are there any funding programs you would recommend? We are in BC and we are aware of VIAsport and BC Community Gaming Grants. Anything else we are missing?

Hey I'm in BC too! Howdy!

1. I'm not sure about manufacturers or if you are in southern BC but there's a pretty good dedicated crowd around here... I could rattle off a couple of names and sellers. Acerunners is pretty good for support.. The FB page for CDGH (Canadian disc golf hub) is always supportive. I've been casually involved with funding efforts for juniors on a few occasions, shoot me a PM. I've been working with a few people trying to hunt down different grants and whatnot but you must be a non-profit organization to get them... I also haven't gotten too far on that kind of a spitballing stage right now.

2. Try the BCDSS.

These discs seem to be pretty popular. https://infinitediscs.com/Brand/Dino-Discs

We had luck teaming up with a park service that has several courses.

Did you ever get anywhere with it? Get some discs out to some kids or what.. :)