• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cart Building Instructions

I had one years ago when Barnett Park was my home course. It was a long flat course perfect for using a golf hand cart.

I don't have any pics but it was easy to do.

All I did was mount a plastic milk crate to the top of the cart. I lined the inside with some left over carpet scraps from a local carpet shop. I used metal worm clamps that you would use to secure a radiator hose to mount the basket & zip ties to secure the carpet on the inside. You can mount multiple crates on the down tube of the cart if one is not enough.

It's designed for the weight of a golf bag & clubs and so they are very sturdy.

I also made a round mount for a 1 quart water cooler that was attached where the bottom of the golf bag would be strapped in.

Here's a link for Disc Golf Carts.

11633_192153365931_583950931_4306581_7889957_n.jpg

Here's another link...

Disc golf carts

11633_192153475931_583950931_4306584_4290267_n.jpg

Last edited:
If you already have the cart you want to modify let Chris and I look at it next time we see you we could probably figure something out on the cheep.

I just made a cart similar to Go-Cart by GGGT see the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udj8cX_j_wc

The only minus when compare with Go-Cart is mine is heavier due to more aluminum materials. I plan to build the second one with less aluminum materials (i.e. use .75" "L" aluminum instead of 1.5" and so on). I have serious neck issues so cart is godsend for me and I live in Florida where it is flat so that cart is perfect for me. For hilly/rough courses, I will have to use bag with much fewer discs.

The key plus of my cart is that it can easily disassembled (less than 10 mins) and fit into large suitcase for traveling via plane.

Other plus is square tube which is easier to mount the umbrella holders.

Nice work -- that is pretty slick :thmbup:

heres one a local has for sale. i dunno if he had the tube made or he bought it like that but its pretty nice. just takes up a little space in his ride so hes getting rid of it. pretty sweet because i think the lower portion has a cooler or somethin. i dont remember really what he said haha

242416_228550313827243_100000168282398_1089601_7036568_o.jpg

Tell Alan I said whatup

If you already have the cart you want to modify let Chris and I look at it next time we see you we could probably figure something out on the cheep.

I successfully made a very cheap cart today. I bought a 5 dollar cart from a thrift store and drilled a few holes, moved a piece of plastic on it and use the hooks from my quads to hang the bag from. I still want to put on a spot for an umbrella and i want to do something with the bottom for a small cooler or something, but for now it is doing its job.

I just made a cart similar to Go-Cart by GGGT see the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udj8cX_j_wc

The only minus when compare with Go-Cart is mine is heavier due to more aluminum materials. I plan to build the second one with less aluminum materials (i.e. use .75" "L" aluminum instead of 1.5" and so on). I have serious neck issues so cart is godsend for me and I live in Florida where it is flat so that cart is perfect for me. For hilly/rough courses, I will have to use bag with much fewer discs.

The key plus of my cart is that it can easily disassembled (less than 10 mins) and fit into large suitcase for traveling via plane.

What are you going to do with the Go-Cart?

Nice work -- that is pretty slick :thmbup:

I second jedwards' thoughts. That is a sweet cart! Nice attention to detail and it looks solid. The added weight is an easy trade off given the extra bells and whistles you've included. Take that bad boy to market! You've got a real winner. :clap:

Anyone gone all out and just modded an adult tricycle to hold DG gear? Talk about some quick rounds on flat courses.

Had to Google that. I don't think I'm that secure in my manhood to ride one of those :D... Though I can see it's potential on a flat course :D...

tricycle-322.jpg

There's 3 common mods I see for bg carts:

Milkcrates or plastic bins strapped to it, what looks like a large car cd holder that hangs, or simillar to booters pic- a cylinder or golf bag with a gb simian like division system.

I use the three wheel stroller stripped down.

Welcome to the cart crew;)

Anyone gone all out and just modded an adult tricycle to hold DG gear? Talk about some quick rounds on flat courses.

No but I'm seeing the potential. I bet a bag would fit nicely in the back seat. :D

98401T-2T.jpg

However, I think I would replace the handle bars with a chain steering wheel and have the Dynamic Discs emblem embroidered on the seat upholstery.

I'm going to start looking for a used Jogging stroller on craigslists. For those that use these have you found the swivel front wheel or the fixed front wheel to be better, or at least what do you think would be better? Assuming the tires are the good large ones for off roading.

I really like the idea of being able to go out to say Zebulon on a hot day and do 3-4 rounds because of the ability to take around a cooler with me :D. Though if I do 3-4 rounds Candy will also end up on the cart eventually :).

No but I'm seeing the potential. I bet a bag would fit nicely in the back seat. :D

98401T-2T.jpg

However, I think I would replace the handle bars with a chain steering wheel and have the Dynamic Discs emblem embroidered on the seat upholstery.

BAM! Exactly, how could you not be the coolest disc golfer on the course if you roll around on a lowrider trike?

7561600003_large.jpg

BAM! Exactly, how could you not be the coolest disc golfer on the course if you roll around on a lowrider trike?

7561600003_large.jpg

HOTT DAMN!!! That's it! Those are some sexy spokes and the banana seat is the deal sealer for me. Just look at the size of that trunk! What couldn't you put inside that thing?

The only thing I see missing on this Kilborne cruiser is a nice laid back sissy bar.

Fixed wheel will take rough terain better and pose less problems in the long run.
Swivels are easier to find with brakes and are easier to manuver on flat gound.

I also find that swivels are a lil more finiky reguarding weight distribution but a generally cheaper used.

Do yall think this would modify into a pretty good cart. It's currently on my local craigslist for $55 could maybe get it for like $45. I'm mainly looking for something that would hold a cooler pretty well so I can do several rounds on an open course during the summer without passing out. I will also give BrotherDave rides next time I come across him :D...

3n53kd3la5V45T55U3b6927e2865755001a74.jpg

3ka3m23l25O05W45U1b69041b5aa3b63c1488.jpg

Thats all fine and dandy but I would shop some more for one even cheaper just in case.
Since it may just start out as an experiment.